Gameday Chatter Thread | Bears at Cowboys | Week 3 | 09-25-16

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Which is why it's dumb for Jerry to practically guarantee that Romo will get his job back once he returns from injury.

If the team were 6-2 and Prescott is humming along playing high-level, mistake free football, why would you bench him in favor of a rusty QB with declining skills?
We won't be 6-2 though.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Leary looking good.

Cotton

Staff member
If he were 100% healthy, I'd agree with you. But I don't think Romo will ever be 100% healthy again for the rest of his career. Dak right now is better than Romo at 75 or 80%.
Correct, which is why you can't say he is the better QB for the job right now.

dallen

Senior Tech
If Romo were 100% healthy next week I think you go back to him, but Dak is getting better every week. By the time Romo is ready to come back who knows where he'll be

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he were 100% healthy, I'd agree with you. But I don't think Romo will ever be 100% healthy again for the rest of his career. Dak right now is better than Romo at 75 or 80%.
I'm not so sure about that any more either. Romo may be the better passer. But Daks feet give us a dimension Romo doesn't have. And Daks ball security can't be overlooked.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I think the Romo issue is moot.

Even if he starts, I find it hard to believe he finishes the game.

His body is done.

Cotton

Staff member
If Romo were 100% healthy next week I think you go back to him, but Dak is getting better every week. By the time Romo is ready to come back who knows where he'll be
Even at 100% health, he isn't going to be 100%. He has had a back injury. He hasn't exactly been able to stay in shape or been able to throw the football a ton. I know he has thrown some, but not at the level he needs to. I keep Dak in regardless. But, that ain't happening as we all know.

Top Bottom