DMN: Stephen A. Smith on Dak - 'I understand the brother can play,' but the Cowboys will contaminate him

Carp

DCC 4Life
I would credit Linehan more than anyone. He seems to be the one who communicates more with Prescott than anyone else. He has played to his strengths, particularly the PA roll outs where he finds Swain or Witten.

I'm not sure what Smith is even talking about in regards to reporters "blowing him up".

What I am gathering is that basically Prescott was a damn near finished product when he came to the team. Shout out to Dan Mullen!

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I would credit Linehan more than anyone. He seems to be the one who communicates more with Prescott than anyone else. He has played to his strengths, particularly the PA roll outs where he finds Swain or Witten.

I'm not sure what Smith is even talking about in regards to reporters "blowing him up".

What I am gathering is that basically Prescott was a damn near finished product when he came to the team. Shout out to Dan Mullen!
For his part, Prescott seems to give Mullen a lot of credit for preparing him for this.

Carp

DCC 4Life
For his part, Prescott seems to give Mullen a lot of credit for preparing him for this.
Absolutely deserved, but when Prescott wins a game he somehow overcomes being coached by Garrett, Wilson, and Linehan...while when Brissett wins, the hoodie coached him up.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Absolutely deserved, but when Prescott wins a game he somehow overcomes being coached by Garrett, Wilson, and Linehan...while when Brissett wins, the hoodie coached him up.
To be fair, the former 3 haven't earned anywhere near the credibility or benefit of doubt that one of the greatest coaches of all time has, wouldn't you agree?

Not to say that you don't have a point, just that I don't think those guys warrant anywhere near the amount of respect that Belichick does so it's logical that people would dismiss their influence while crediting Belichick's with his.

Carp

DCC 4Life
To be fair, the former 3 haven't earned anywhere near the credibility or benefit of doubt that one of the greatest coaches of all time has, wouldn't you agree?

Not to say that you don't have a point, just that I don't think those guys warrant anywhere near the amount of respect that Belichick does so it's logical that people would dismiss their influence while crediting Belichick's with his.
What QBs did they have to develop? Garrett got here in 2007, Romo's first full season as a starter...and he has been a great player since then. Like it or not, he had a hand in his development...unless Tuna and Payton get sole credit for helping Romo develop.

Genghis Khan

Honestly though, there's a difference. It's pretty obvious when a rookie QB throws for 105 yards or whatever, yet wins 27-0, there's some smoke and mirrors going on.

Genghis Khan

That said, I do think Linehan deserves at least some credit for Dak's development so far.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly though, there's a difference. It's pretty obvious when a rookie QB throws for 105 yards or whatever, yet wins 27-0, there's some smoke and mirrors going on.
I don't even think that's coaching Brissett up. That's more like knowing your QB sucks and trying to minimize his role in the game all together. It may have worked for a game but that's really all the Patriots needed. Now Tom Brady will be coming back on a team with a winning record and an easy path to the playoffs.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Sure, but we'd do the same thing with Dak if we had blow out wins like this. I liked Brissett when the draft process was going on...still surprises me he went before Dak.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sure, but we'd do the same thing with Dak if we had blow out wins like this. I liked Brissett when the draft process was going on...still surprises me he went before Dak.
And now Brissett may need surgery on a torn ligament in his right thumb.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Yes, so Linehan worked closely with Dak during that time.

Remember him joking that "the QBs had never looked better" while Wade was out?
I remember that. Wasn't that before the 1st preseason game?

Top Bottom