2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
First of all, the criminal justice system is racist because it holds blacks to a different standard than whites. So a white kid caught stealing is more likely to be seen as a kid who made a mistake with a bright future ahead of him, and a black kid will be seen as a thug who has no respect for law and order.

So yes the convictions are a sign of an intrinsically racist system. The difference is while a law against stealing itself isn't racist, a law that says its okay for cops to racially profile innocent citizens is.
That's not even close to being true. he only reason you think that is because there is a tiny percentage of cases of a white kid that got off versus the overwhelming majority of cases where they are tried equally. I mean, you are basically stating that most judges are racist, and that simply isn't true.

Cotton

Staff member
The judicial branch considered it racially biased and that was the reason they ruled against it.
Everything coming out of the judicial branch isn't scripture. Just because they called it racist, doesn't make it so.

townsend

Banned
I'm not saying they should do it. I'm stating it wasn't implemented with racial intentions. It was implemented to fight the high crime.
I can agree with that. But now, In 2016 supporting stop and frisk is supporting racial profiling.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'm not saying they should do it. I'm stating it wasn't implemented with racial intentions. It was implemented to fight the high crime. And, btw, it was stop and frisk everyone, so of course the percentage of people they stop that were innocent would be high. It's not a very efficient way of doing things. Just a huge waste of the police's time. But, it was effective. Crime in NY dropped a ton during that time.
And you know crime dropped because of this how?

Crime has dropped across most of the U.S. during that same time period and stop and frisk was not widely implemented.

And crime is continuing to drop since stop and frisk has stopped, why is it needed nationwide?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Everything coming out of the judicial branch isn't scripture. Just because they called it racist, doesn't make it so.
Of course everything from the court is not scripture but the raw data is as close to scripture as you can get and that's what was used to make a ruling in this case.

Cotton

Staff member
And you know crime dropped because of this how?

Crime has dropped across most of the U.S. during that same time period and stop and frisk was not widely implemented.

And crime is continuing to drop since stop and frisk has stopped, why is it needed nationwide?
Because, you know, they tracked it and shit as part of the initiative. And, who the fuck has said that it should be implemented nationwide, besides Trump and you making shit up to build a strawman argument.

Cotton

Staff member
Of course everything from the court is not scripture but the raw data is as close to scripture as you can get and that's what was used to make a ruling in this case.
Already explained the data extrapolation. You just choose to not believe the truth.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Because, you know, they tracked it and shit as part of the initiative. And, who the fuck has said that it should be implemented nationwide, besides Trump and you making shit up to build a strawman argument.
That's what started this whole discussion, making it nationwide.

Did you miss that?

Cotton

Staff member
That's what started this whole discussion, making it nationwide.

Did you miss that?
There hasn't been a single god damn person in this thread imply it should be implemented nationwide. Not one.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Already explained the data extrapolation. You just choose to not believe the truth.
Yeah sure you did.

I believe the truth of the numbers and the numbers show crime has been trending down before stop and frisk and after stop and frisk and even in places without stop and frisk.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah sure you did.

I believe the truth of the numbers and the numbers show crime has been trending down before stop and frisk and after stop and frisk and even in places without stop and frisk.
I notice you skipped a couple of my posts. What was untrue about what I said when I posted, "Well, they were targeting high crime areas with that initiative, and, well, there are a ton of minorities that live in high crimes areas."?

Cotton

Staff member
This entire conversation started about whether it was racists or not, and then dipshit comes in here and changes it whether we should do it or not. The absolute epitome of what a strawman argument looks like.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Real shocker that fellow loudmouth/bully/idiot/complete and total asshole Bobby Knight is stumping for Trump.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I notice you skipped a couple of my posts. What was untrue about what I said when I posted, "Well, they were targeting high crime areas with that initiative, and, well, there are a ton of minorities that live in high crimes areas."?
Do you know the crime statistics in NYC and know that only the black and Latino areas are the highest crime areas or the percentage of whites that lived in those areas?

Because it seems like you are just assuming that's where all the crime in NYC is happening.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This entire conversation started about whether it was racists or not, and then dipshit comes in here and changes it whether we should do it or not. The absolute epitome of what a strawman argument looks like.
No the entire conversation started about Trump wanting to make stop and frisk national.
Can we stop and talk about Trump wanting nationwide stop and frisk? Is there anyone in this country that thinks that would be a good idea? That was his answer to the problem of race in America. Reviving an authoritarian and transparently racist breach of the 4th amendment.
That was the initial post by Towns.

How the hell did I change anything.:lol

Cotton

Staff member
Do you know the crime statistics in NYC and know that only the black and Latino areas are the highest crime areas or the percentage of whites that lived in those areas?

Because it seems like you are just assuming that's where all the crime in NYC is happening.
I don't have to know the exact statistics to know that the high crime areas have a ton of minorities living in them. That's a simple fact that you either choose to not believe or willfully ignore to try to make out some stupid argument you have no basis for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom