QB Controversy Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sorry, but this is not some big hit or lots of torque and compression. It is a hit 99% of QBs jump back up from.
Yeah, he didn't even land on him solid. He caught his helmet but went over the top of him more than landing on him.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm more worried about screwing with this teams chemistry if Dak is winning games.
Everybody knows whose team it is except some fans. Even Dak has said as much. Team chemistry isn't going to matter because I'm pretty sure the only player that hates Romo has retired.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Everybody knows whose team it is except some fans. Even Dak has said as much. Team chemistry isn't going to matter because I'm pretty sure the only player that hates Romo has retired.
That sounds fine and dandy until Romo throws a pick. Or loses a game because he failed to do anything. If you don't think some players will be thinking about it then you're crazy. Right now everyone is saying the right thing but benching a QB who is winning games and doing so while posting big time numbers absolutely can screw with the teams chemistry. The players just haven't been faced with that issue yet.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That sounds fine and dandy until Romo throws a pick. Or loses a game because he failed to do anything. If you don't think some players will be thinking about it then you're crazy. Right now everyone is saying the right thing but benching a QB who is winning games and doing so while posting big time numbers absolutely can screw with the teams chemistry. The players just haven't been faced with that issue yet.
Again. If the team didn't like/support Romo like they do then you might have a point. The do and come healthy Romo time he will be back in there and the team will go from there. It's just silly to be thinking otherwise for this season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Again. If the team didn't like/support Romo like they do then you might have a point. The do and come healthy Romo time he will be back in there and the team will go from there. It's just silly to be thinking otherwise for this season.
We will revisit this when the bye week comes. Seems silly for me to speculate at this point about what our record will be then. Like I said, if we are 5-1 it's a massive difference then 2-4 or 3-3. You'd have to be full on retarded to bench Dak if he is 5-1 at that point.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Do you think Dak will never throw a bad interception or otherwise contribute to losing a game?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sorry, but this is not some big hit or lots of torque and compression. It is a hit 99% of QBs jump back up from.

Yes it is he had weight on his back and hit the ground at the same time.

You slide on the the ground while over 260 is landing on your shoulders bending you forward.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah, he didn't even land on him solid. He caught his helmet but went over the top of him more than landing on him.
He landed on him the same time he hit the ground, it is like dropping on your butt with over 200 pounds on your upper back.

Carp

DCC 4Life

You slide on the the ground while over 260 is landing on your shoulders bending you forward.
No. He barely got touched. You must have been one of the guys sending death threats to Avril on Twitter.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He landed on him the same time he hit the ground, it is like dropping on your butt with over 200 pounds on your upper back.
Come on.

A younger player without back issues pops right back up after that hit.

Yes, it was a "just right" thing, but "just right" means an old guy with a weak back to begin with.

Cotton

Staff member

You can tell by the two frames below that he hit him around the shoulders and then slid off of his right side not landing squarely on him at all.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The thing that impressed me most is that he stands in the pocket even though he is mobile. Sometimes young guys with mobility rely on it even when they don't have to. Also, on his TD throw he looked left to get the target off Dez, then back to him for the throw. Vet move there.

Cotton

Staff member
I love frame examinations.

God damn it, the link didn't work how I wanted it to. My next post was much better, and shows the loogie clearly landed on Kramer's face.

Jiggyfly

Banned
No. He barely got touched. You must have been one of the guys sending death threats to Avril on Twitter.
Barely got touched?

You can see his body bending forward from the weight on his upperback.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Come on.

A younger player without back issues pops right back up after that hit.

Yes, it was a "just right" thing, but "just right" means an old guy with a weak back to begin with.
I am not disputing any of this but he also was not "barely touched".

Jiggyfly

Banned
You can tell by the two frames below that he hit him around the shoulders and then slid off of his right side not landing squarely on him at all.

Do you not see how he is bent over in that 2nd picture?

Thanks for illustrating my point for me.

Top Bottom