The Colin Kaepernick Thread...

townsend

Banned
:lol

Okay then.

This is such a "white America". The culture is about as far from white as possible, but please continue.
43 white presidents (including our future president), 1 not white president. 83% white congress. 49 white governors. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_United_States_governors

29 richest people in the US. All white.
http://www.businessinsider.com/richest-people-in-the-us-2016-1/#13-alice-walton-15

When a black man does get elected he gets treated like this. http://www.npr.org/2016/07/14/485995136/watch-black-gop-senator-says-hes-been-stopped-7-times-by-police-in-a-year

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/scott-police-asked-d-even-wearing-senators-pin

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The culture is getting less "white". I wasn't referring to the ownership.

townsend

Banned
The culture is getting less "white". I wasn't referring to the ownership.
Culture's kind of a nebulous thing. The culture that's outraged about Kaepernick is a totally different entity than the culture buying up his jerseys. (Although there may be some people buying them to burn)

I'd say the people upset at Kap are part of a very white culture.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Culture's kind of a nebulous thing. The culture that's outraged about Kaepernick is a totally different entity than the culture buying up his jerseys. (Although there may be some people buying them to burn)

I'd say the people upset at Kap are part of a very white culture.
Notwithstanding any cultural issues, my problem with the Kap occurrences is that the nation and what it stands for is taking the hit or blame for individual and cultural issues. The nation should be respected regardless of what personal agendas are at issue. It makes no sense to disrespect the very sanctuary that gives you the rights to be at issue with something. Usuing the national symbol to be denigrated is a stab in the back move. Protest by some method and means that the nation allows but don't blame the nation for problems that are created by various factions. I am a patriot so I believe in the country even though the inhabits abuse what it stands for.

townsend

Banned
Notwithstanding any cultural issues, my problem with the Kap occurrences is that the nation and what it stands for is taking the hit or blame for individual and cultural issues. The nation should be respected regardless of what personal agendas are at issue. It makes no sense to disrespect the very sanctuary that gives you the rights to be at issue with something. Usuing the national symbol to be denigrated is a stab in the back move. Protest by some method and means that the nation allows but don't blame the nation for problems that are created by various factions. I am a patriot so I believe in the country even though the inhabits abuse what it stands for.
But this is exactly how Blacks through out the civil rights movement protested. When Tommie Smith and John Carlos raised their fists during the national anthem at the 1968 olympics, they were nearly identically criticized. (And also, of course, received death threats like Kaepernick.)

Jackie Robinson, who was a WW2 vet, famously said "I cannot stand and sing the anthem. I cannot salute the flag; I know that I am a black man in a white world."

That's the point. America is not the land of the free to everyone in this country.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
1968 and 2016.

The social similarities are stunning.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm sure assholes in 1968 had similar glib bullshit to say.
Oh no. Mr. Iwassopickedoninthenaveyiwantedtokillmyself called me an asshole.

Not sure how I'll ever recover from that blistering attack.

townsend

Banned
Oh no. Mr. Iwassopickedoninthenaveyiwantedtokillmyself called me an asshole.

Not sure how I'll ever recover from that blistering attack.
When you finally die of a massive stroke I'm gonna celebrate with a steak dinner.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
When you finally die of a massive stroke I'm gonna celebrate with a steak dinner.

How would you know? I'm not like you where I feel the need to cry and whine about my personal problems on a fucking football message board like some poor, neglected 12 year old girl, or have an equally sad brother here to report the happy news to you. Sorry to add even more disappointment to your pathetic life.

townsend

Banned
Actually, that's quite disturbing to me. Who's your Emergency Notification System buddy?

When you do have a stroke, who will notify us?
If you could forward this information to Kirby's steak house in Grapevine I'd appreciate it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Shit just got personal.

That in of itself is :lol and :sad

Jiggyfly

Banned

How would you know? I'm not like you where I feel the need to cry and whine about my personal problems on a fucking football message board like some poor, neglected 12 year old girl, or have an equally sad brother here to report the happy news to you. Sorry to add even more disappointment to your pathetic life.
Man, you are just a miserable douche.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Man, you are just a miserable douche.
You can't even begin to know how much that really hurts, Al. I am crushed to know that after all these years you feel this way about me. If I had to pick just one person out of all the level headed, completely reasonable, and unbiased people on this board I thought I could count on for support, it would have been you.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Fuck this cunt of a county. Seriously, outside of two world wars, wtf has this country done that is so fuckin awesome?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fuck this cunt of a county. Seriously, outside of two world wars, wtf has this country done that is so fuckin awesome?
Serious question.

Have you ever travelled outside of the borders of the United States?

If so, where?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Serious question.

Have you ever travelled outside of the borders of the United States?

If so, where?
I don't know where he's gone, but I know where he hasn't gone....

El Salvador.

There are millions of people back there that wish El Salvador was as much of a "cunt country" as the US is.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Allowed you to sit here and espouse crap that your ass can't cover.

jeebs

Brand New Member
Popularized the market economy over the planned economy, you know, basically lifting 80% of the world out of poverty.

Created a poverty so flush in America it is full of fat people in free housing.

Top Bottom