Falcons Stuff...

midswat

... soon
Just got a notification saying Devonte Freeman is questionable next week.

Didn’t know he got injured yesterday.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah, what happened with Tyron? I just looked up and saw Chaz' big ass playing LT. And I didn't hear Romo or the other goob say shit
about Tyron. And no mention of him in post game reports.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, what happened with Tyron? I just looked up and saw Chaz' big ass playing LT. And I didn't hear Romo or the other goob say shit
about Tyron. And no mention of him in post game reports.
He injured his groin, there is an MRI pending.

midswat

... soon
So he's got a bad back, bad hip (I think) and now his groin? Man he's too young to be this beat up.

As an aside, I didn't really notice a drop off when Chaz went in there. Not trying to discredit Tyron by any means, but that's a good thing re: Green. Would be nice if he actually was able to contribute.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
As an aside, I didn't really notice a drop off when Chaz went in there. Not trying to discredit Tyron by any means, but that's a good thing re: Green. Would be nice if he actually was able to contribute.
I think he contributes just fine when he's in there. But that is the problem. WHEN he is in there. I think the guy is a good player, just has been hurt too damn much.

midswat

... soon
Julio Jones has a lower leg injury and will be limited in practice this week according to Kelsey Conway of falcons.com.

The news is not exactly a shock considering the number of times Jones seemed to go in and out of the lineup in Sunday's divisional road loss to the Carolina Panthers Sunday and is worth monitoring. Despite the injury, Jones finally compiled his second 100-yard game of the season on Sunday and he likely felt more pain over dropping a perfectly-thrown touchdown bomb in the end zone than any physical ailment. Coach Dan Quinn did not express any concern over Jones's availability for Week 10 against the Dallas Cowboys.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think he contributes just fine when he's in there. But that is the problem. WHEN he is in there. I think the guy is a good player, just has been hurt too damn much.
Yeah, he seemed to play well in Tyron's place. He's a good player when healthy. By the by, I think Cooper has done well also. Seems to me he also had health issues.

Cotton

Staff member
So he's got a bad back, bad hip (I think) and now his groin? Man he's too young to be this beat up.

I didn't even realize Tyron had come out. So, I guess Green did okay.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I didn't even realize Tyron had come out. So, I guess Green did okay.
It was in the 4th quarter and when they had the game in hand. I just thought they took him out to rest the hip and back.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I have Jones and Freeman in fantasy, so expect them both to be completely hobbled. (They've both sucked all year even when healthy anyway.)

Cotton

Staff member
Should Cowboys be pumped to have referee Ed Hochuli this week?
11:15 AM CT
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- For the first time since Week 9 of the 2015 season, the Dallas Cowboys will see Ed Hochuli as the referee when they take on the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday.

Since 2010, the Cowboys are 3-2 in games with Hochuli as the referee. They lost their last game with Hochuli to the Philadelphia Eagles in overtime. In the five games with Hochuli, the Cowboys have been penalized 36 times for 335 yards. The Cowboys’ opponents have been flagged 42 times for 373 yards.

Four of the five games were decided by fewer than 10 points with two of them going to overtime.

Hochuli worked last week’s drubbing of the New York Giants by the Los Angeles Rams, and the crew seemed to be as interested in the second half as many of the players were, calling just two penalties. The Rams were penalized six times for 55 yards, while the Giants had four penalties for 52 yards.

The breakdown of Rams-Giants penalties:

False start -- 2

Unnecessary roughness -- 1

Offensive holding -- 2

Offensive pass interference -- 2

Chop block -- 1

Defensive pass interference -- 1

Defensive holding -- 1

Quarter by quarter:

First -- 3

Second -- 5

Third -- 1

Fourth -- 1

midswat

... soon
Super Bowl hangover? Falcons trying to find their way before Cowboys arrive

By Drew Davison
ddavison@star-telegram.com
November 07, 2017 10:01 AM

The Atlanta Falcons are coming off their second Super Bowl appearance in franchise.

They have the NFL’s reigning most valuable player and offensive player of the year at quarterback in Matt Ryan.

They play in the new, glitzy Mercedes-Benz Stadium, which opened in August.

Oh, and they’re 4-4 so far this season with the Dallas Cowboys, who have won their past three games, coming to town on Sunday.

But there’s time to recover as the NFL reaches the midway point of the season.

Super Bowl hangover?

The Falcons aren’t the first team to get off to a shaky start following a Super Bowl appearance. The Carolina Panthers went 6-10 last season after reaching the big game in 2015. The Falcons began 3-0, but have lost four of their past five games and would miss the playoffs if they started today. Three of the four losses have been by one score, though, and the Falcons certainly are expecting a second-half run.

Still MVP?

Quarterback Matt Ryan is not playing quite at that level of play this year. Ryan had the best passer rating in the league last season (117.1), throwing for 4,944 yards with 38 touchdowns and just seven interceptions. This season, though, Ryan has taken a step back. He’s still playing well, but has already matched his interception total from last season and has a 92.8 passer rating.

Mr. Jones

Julio Jones remains one of the top receivers in the game in his seventh season. Jones ranks third in the league with 658 receiving yards, putting him on pace for a fourth consecutive 1,000-yard season. Jones is coming off his best game from a production standpoint against the Panthers with six catches for 118 yards, although he dropped a wide open touchdown pass. Still, Jones will pose plenty of problems for a young Cowboys secondary.

Containing Beasley

No, not Cole Beasley. The Falcons boast their own Beasley in elite pass rusher Vic Beasley. Beasley led the league with 15.5 sacks last season, but won’t do so again after missing a month earlier this year with a hamstring injury. Beasley is getting back into form with two sacks in the past three games, and remains a disruptive force that is difficult to contain.

Turnover battle

It’s no surprise that the Cowboys have won the turnover battle in each game during this three-game winning streak by a 7-1 margin. They have to keep that going against a Falcons team that has struggled taking the ball away. Atlanta is tied for last in the league with just six takeaways at the midway point.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
We were in ATL for a kids' show one Sunday a few years ago when the Falcons were playing the Bears and there were Bears fans everywhere.

It seemed like we were in Chicago.

Hopefully the Dallas fans show up this Sunday as well.

The Cowboys have never lost in ATL when I'm in attendance.

I've only been to one game.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Cowboys have never lost in ATL when I'm in attendance.

I've only been to one game.
:lol

That's one helluva track record you have there, Nuttzo.

Wasn't that the great game where T.O. made DeAngelo Hall his bitch and Ware had that awesome pick 6 vs Michael Vick?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
:lol

That's one helluva track record you have there, Nuttzo.

Wasn't that the great game where T.O. made DeAngelo Hall his bitch and Ware had that awesome pick 6 vs Michael Vick?
Yep, and BaRBer put the Falcon's defense on their backs.

We talked mad shit at the Falcons fans until there were about 6 minutes to go and they all started leaving.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
2006 I believe.
I bought my brother and I 2nd row tickets on the 50 on the Cowboys sideline, but his 8 month pregnant wife decided she wanted to go and he had to sit way up in the cheap seats. So I took my wife who knew nothing about football. She still tells people how I acted like a 13 year old girl at a New Kids on the Block concert.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
We got to go back and forth with a few of the players before the game. Jerry came walking by there and was greeting the Cowboys fans, signing hats and shit and I was the only Cowboys fan who turned him down. I know that one still stings him. :unsure

Was wearing my Spears #96 and got a thumbs up but the bastard wouldn't come over and sign my jersey.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yep, and BaRBer put the Falcon's defense on their backs.

We talked mad shit at the Falcons fans until there were about 6 minutes to go and they all started leaving.
Oh yea, that TD run he had was quintessential Barber.

Everyone remembers him for his punishing style, but his lateral agility and quickness was underrated. He used to make these lateral jump cuts much like Zeke does now. Then he would explode through the crease and punish anyone in his way.

That is exactly what he did on that run.

Top Bottom