2016 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Another Tennessee game.....another crazy finish.

The last 5 minutes of this game has been one hell of a roller coaster.

1bigfan13

Staff member
What a horrific kick by the Aggie kicker. That was bad. Really, really bad.

Wow.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I thought Aggies had grown up but it looks like they still wilt under pressure.

Jiggyfly

Banned
:towel

What a frickin game of course it's a TO that wins it.

I have to give Tenn a lot of credit it should have been a blowout with all of the TO's.

I think they hurt A&M in 2nd half because they missed crucial tackles trying to get the ball out, that was the worse tackling display I have seen in years.

But the Tenn QB and the RB were also making people miss like MOFO.

Garret is the anti-Clowney what he did today knowing he is a top 5 pick is impressive.

Williams has to start getting some Heisman run.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why is Brad Kaaya considered a top 1-3 QB for this upcoming class?

I don't see much special in him.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Why is Brad Kaaya considered a top 1-3 QB for this upcoming class?

I don't see much special in him.
He's Christian Hackenberg all over again. The draftniks are once again fooling themselves into believing he's doing extraordinary things that will translate to success at the next level.

It's really quite amusing.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Don't we have a couple of Rutgers fans around here?

Michigan 78
Rutgers 0

:lol

Reminds me of that time that OU beat Texas A&M 77-0.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Don't we have a couple of Rutgers fans around here?

Michigan 78
Rutgers 0

:lol

Reminds me of that time that OU beat Texas A&M 77-0.
We also held Rutgers to TWO first downs for the entire game. I've never seen my team lay that kind of beating on another team before.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We also held Rutgers to TWO first downs for the entire game. I've never seen my team lay that kind of beating on another team before.
The Jersey Boys can sing but they can't play football. :art

1bigfan13

Staff member
Houston being practically out of it after one loss to a pretty good team is the reason why I think Tom Herman jumps ship sooner rather than later.

If you're a non-Power 5 school not named Notre Dame, you have absolutely no room for error.....and even if you go undefeated you're still a bit of a long shot to make it to the playoffs.

If he's smart he'll be at LSU next year. Better money. Better athletes. Better facilities. Better conference.

Assuming Charlie Strong is shown the door......Texas can probably offer him more money and the same athletes but the SEC is far and away the better ran conference.

Should be an easy choice.

D

Deuce

He's Christian Hackenberg all over again. The draftniks are once again fooling themselves into believing he's doing extraordinary things that will translate to success at the next level.

It's really quite amusing.
That's a little drastic, IMO. Hackenberg came in highly touted and regressed each year. Kaaya was solid on some bad teams and has looked good this year. He's a much better prospect.

1bigfan13

Staff member
That's a little drastic, IMO. Hackenberg came in highly touted and regressed each year. Kaaya was solid on some bad teams and has looked good this year. He's a much better prospect.
I stand by my assessment.

He may be a better prospect than Hackenberg but the point remains that he's receiving way too much praise for what he's actually done.

D

Deuce

Things might get back for Houston really quickly. In the last 24 hours, they went from darling of college football and apparent CFP team to losing to Navy, a couple of their top defensive players were suspended for a locker room brawl, rumblings of potential academic issues and a rumor of a domestic issue involving a girlfriend that led to another defensive player getting suspended. Herman may want to get out in front of all this or he'll go from the top choice for everyone this offseason to the next Briles.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Houston being practically out of it after one loss to a pretty good team is the reason why I think Tom Herman jumps ship sooner rather than later.

If you're a non-Power 5 school not named Notre Dame, you have absolutely no room for error.....and even if you go undefeated you're still a bit of a long shot to make it to the playoffs.

If he's smart he'll be at LSU next year. Better money. Better athletes. Better facilities. Better conference.

Assuming Charlie Strong is shown the door......Texas can probably offer him more money and the same athletes but the SEC is far and away the better ran conference.

Should be an easy choice.
He has spent a large part of his career coaching in Texas, so I think they'd have the upper hand if they offered him the position.

Also, he's an offensive coach so the Big 12 makes more sense for him, not to mention he'll have a harder time winning the SEC than the Big 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom