Staff member
Because that's the answer.....

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Wrong place, wrong time, cracka. Shit happens.

Cotton

Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Seems like the obvious solutions is to stop having incidents. If black people stop getting murdered they won't have anything to complain about.
You think we don't know there are miscarriages of justice going on in some endeavor all the time? Working toward solving problems and antagonizing an existing problem are seperate issues. Burning, looting and expressing hatred are not tools of reconciling or correction.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Good. Doesn't help much though.

Cotton

Staff member
Good. Doesn't help much though.
Correct, because people are still going to riot because, free shit. And, I'm getting tired of the word protest being used. What those thugs are doing is not a protest. It's a flatout criminal riot. Let's use the right terms when talking about this.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Correct, because people are still going to riot because, free shit. And, I'm getting tired of the word protest being used. What those thugs are doing is not a protest. It's a flatout criminal riot. Let's use the right terms when talking about this.
I'll go one step further. The Charlotte PC implied that many arrested in last night's riots were not natives that were protesting what was happening in their community.

They were from "out of town". If the BLM movement is organizing and even bringing operatives in to instigate, that is the definition of terrorism.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Manslaughter seems like an awfully light charge for what happened. I'm glad she got charged with something but it certainly seems like favoritism because of the badge still.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Manslaughter seems like an awfully light charge for what happened. I'm glad she got charged with something but it certainly seems like favoritism because of the badge still.

Murder would be harder to prove though.

The burden of proof likely makes a conviction easier, right?

Cotton

Staff member
I'll go one step further. The Charlotte PC implied that many arrested in last night's riots were not natives that were protesting what was happening in their community.

They were from "out of town". If the BLM movement is organizing and even bringing operatives in to instigate, that is the definition of terrorism.
It's bare minimum criminal. They should all be charged and convicted as such. I don't give a damn how many have to be arrested. Use neighboring cities' jails to house them if you have to. But, yeah, it's bordering on terrorism, if not dead on.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Murder would be harder to prove though.

The burden of proof likely makes a conviction easier, right?
Usually prosecutors charge with something harder to prove knowing they can plead it down. Or knowing that they will have what we call lesser included charges. Meaning a jury might find her not guilty of murder in the first but instead manslaughter. It would be a lesser included. All prosecutors I know do that. Its unusual that the prosecutor would shoot for the lowest possible offense. Except that it's an officer.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Usually prosecutors charge with something harder to prove knowing they can plead it down. Or knowing that they will have what we call lesser included charges. Meaning a jury might find her not guilty of murder in the first but instead manslaughter. It would be a lesser included. All prosecutors I know do that. Its unusual that the prosecutor would shoot for the lowest possible offense. Except that it's an officer.
I get all that. But it seemed pretty reasonable to me. I am sure he has more details than I do.

To come out and say eff it, we are charging this twat with murder would make him a bit of a moron.

He'd be laying a lot on the line.

There is a legal and a political element involved. I think this is more political.

townsend

Banned
Bringing charges is great and all, but it could still come to nothing. Same thing happened with the Freddie Gray incident. I think it's a long shot this woman ever spends a day in prison.

Not that she doesn't deserve it, but I still kind of feel bad for her. She and her fellow officers were forming up like some kind of SWAT team. Shoulder to shoulder, guns drawn, on an unarmed man. The officers have been poorly trained and reacted to a non-threat like he was an armed assailant. Goes back to what I've been saying, we're blaming the officers we've trained to treat US streets like a war zone, when we should be blaming the people who've systematically forced them to act hypervigilant, and made them scared for their life on a daily basis. Getting a pound of flesh from an officer doesn't fix that.

Cotton

Staff member
Bringing charges is great and all, but it could still come to nothing. Same thing happened with the Freddie Gray incident. I think it's a long shot this woman ever spends a day in prison.

Not that she doesn't deserve it, but I still kind of feel bad for her. She and her fellow officers were forming up like some kind of SWAT team. Shoulder to shoulder, guns drawn, on an unarmed man. The officers have been poorly trained and reacted to a non-threat like he was an armed assailant. Goes back to what I've been saying, we're blaming the officers we've trained to treat US streets like a war zone, when we should be blaming the people who've systematically forced them to act hypervigilant, and made them scared for their life on a daily basis. Getting a pound of flesh from an officer doesn't fix that.
What you seem to fail to realize is our streets are fucking war zones. And should be treated as such.

Top Bottom