Collins To I.R.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think there is a mystery here. He will have the surgery and he will return in 6-8 weeks. I'm guessing on the shorter side of things simply because he is an offensive guard and there game isn't reliant on speed which is what this type of injury typically hurts.

dallen

Senior Tech
Have we signed anyone to replace Collins yet? Maybe we can reunite Sanchez and Brandon Moore for ButtFumble 2

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have we signed anyone to replace Collins yet? Maybe we can reunite Sanchez and Brandon Moore for ButtFumble 2
No, but I don't expect us to sign anyone until we officially move Collins to IR. You'd think they would want a new interior guy in here as soon as possible though. Personally I'd like a guy who can play OT/Guard if anything.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My guess would be that Leary starts and Looney is the swing backup. We might sign some scrub for practice.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We will sign someone we cut recently.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just an update but it sounds like Collins is getting a second opinion today from an expert on this stuff. I guess that it may be possible he doesn't need surgery and if he doesn't then the timetable for his return gets significantly shorter. That's why nothing official has happen.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
With Tyron Smith suffering back spasms and Doug Free working through a quadriceps strain, the Dallas Cowboys will sign offensive tackle Emmett Cleary, who was cut earlier this month by the New York Giants. Before the signing is official, the Cowboys have to clear a roster spot. Cleary was among a number of players the Cowboys worked out after the season opener. The Cowboys don't believe Smith's injury is severe, but Cleary offers some insurance.

Cotton

Staff member
With Tyron Smith suffering back spasms and Doug Free working through a quadriceps strain, the Dallas Cowboys will sign offensive tackle Emmett Cleary, who was cut earlier this month by the New York Giants. Before the signing is official, the Cowboys have to clear a roster spot. Cleary was among a number of players the Cowboys worked out after the season opener. The Cowboys don't believe Smith's injury is severe, but Cleary offers some insurance.
Schlub roster depth.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Schlub roster depth.
Not only that but laziest fucking front office in the NFL schlub roster depth.

We had this turd here before and he didn't cut it then.

Cotton

Staff member
Wonder who gets cut for that signing though.
My guess would be either Nzeocha or Swanson. Not that I advocate for either, but I could see it happening.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My guess would be either Nzeocha or Swanson. Not that I advocate for either, but I could see it happening.
Yeah I wouldn't want that. I actually like Nzeocha a little if he ever gets healthy. I think we already cut Swanson when we signed the DE.

I'd cut one of the FBs personally but we seem to be saving them for their special teams ability.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Swanson hasn't been a part of the active roster for a while.

Probably putting Tapper on I.R. since he has half a spine and shit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Swanson hasn't been a part of the active roster for a while.

Probably putting Tapper on I.R. since he has half a spine and shit.
Collins to IR is what would make the most sense but apparently we are waiting 2 weeks. Which just seems silly to me. Do we really expect that he will be good to go in only a couple weeks?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Collins to IR is what would make the most sense but apparently we are waiting 2 weeks. Which just seems silly to me. Do we really expect that he will be good to go in only a couple weeks?
No, but they are doing this silly ass stupid "ready for the playoffs" shit. He is not having surgery and Dr. Jerry has said, of course, it is just about his pain tolerance.

Top Bottom