Postseason already looking like a long shot

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If we get to that week 17 and it’s a “win and in” game, I love our chances. Garrett always does well in elimination games.
His best hope is Philly having home field locked up and resting everyone. Which has a great chance of happening.

midswat

... soon
His best hope is Philly having home field locked up and resting everyone. Which has a great chance of happening.
His best hope is his head set isn’t plugged in and all he has to do is clap and hold up one finger after touchdowns.

data

Forbes #1
This is all warmup for the Mid-season Predictions Pole coming next week. It’s coming fast, so bone up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll wait until I see how we do against the Chiefs to judge if this team will fall apart or not.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I'll wait until I see how we do against the Chiefs to judge if this team will fall apart or not.
I wouldn't hang my hat on this game one way or another. However, if we can't beat either this team or Atlanta, it's pretty much over.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't hang my hat on this game one way or another. However, if we can't beat either this team or Atlanta, it's pretty much over.
Depends if we come out and get pur ads beat or hang with them. If we come out totally flat and get blown out of the water yeah, we are 8-8 at best.

If in the other hand we come out and beat a top team without Zeke? Get to 5-3 in the process? I'll feel pretty good about 10-6 or better.

It's that simple.

Of course what if we lose a close one. Sort of like the Packers loss? Then shit I don't know. Could still go either way.

Depends if we come out and get pur ads beat or hang with them. If we come out totally flat and get blown out of the water yeah, we are 8-8 at best.

If in the other hand we come out and beat a top team without Zeke? Get to 5-3 in the process? I'll feel pretty good about 10-6 or better.

It's that simple.

Of course what if we lose a close one. Sort of like the Packers loss? Then shit I don't know. Could still go either way.

It really doesn't matter. Our offense isn't as good as last year to where they could control TOP enough to keep the defense off the field and the defense is not even as good as last year to get any stops. Plus, add the phantom calls to our team that stops drives bringing back TDs and such, knowing the league will make sure the Cowboys won't win anything this year it just doesn't matter. I have a feeling Zeke will be suspended part this year and next due to timing and it will be too much distraction for this team, plus a coaching staff that doesn't keep this team focused and they will fall in line around 8-8 again.

p1_

DCC 4Life
This post now seems suspect. We may not take the division, but then again we just might. Can't wait for Philly.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This post now seems suspect. We may not take the division, but then again we just might. Can't wait for Philly.
If Elliott plays all 16 we have a good shot to challenge Philly.

Assuming we beat them in two weeks we basically just need to go 4-2 against the Redskins, Chargers, Giants, Falcons, Raiders, and Seahawks in order to have that final game be a "division title" game.

We'd be 10-5 and would only need the Eagles to go 3-2 against the Giants, Seahawks, Rams, Bears, and Raiders. It's not a guarantee but I think there is a good chance that they lose at Seattle and the Rams, and I wouldn't be shocked if the Bears or Raiders popped up and beat them surprisingly.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
If Elliott plays all 16 we have a good shot to challenge Philly.

Assuming we beat them in two weeks we basically just need to go 4-2 against the Redskins, Chargers, Giants, Falcons, Raiders, and Seahawks in order to have that final game be a "division title" game.

We'd be 10-5 and would only need the Eagles to go 3-2 against the Giants, Seahawks, Rams, Bears, and Raiders. It's not a guarantee but I think there is a good chance that they lose at Seattle and the Rams, and I wouldn't be shocked if the Bears or Raiders popped up and beat them surprisingly.
I say we just sweep the rest of the season. Easiest way to get into the playoffs.

:happydance

Top Bottom