User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Want Jason Garrett fired? Here's what needs to happen for your wish to come true

If we make the playoffs and are one and done, Garrett is a lock to return in 2019. Itís a fucking worst case scenario (given the normal shitshow of course).

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    If we make the playoffs and are one and done, Garrett is a lock to return in 2019. It’s a fucking worst case scenario (given the normal shitshow of course).
    And his contract runs out so when he does his usual crapfest after a good year Jerry wont have to be the bad guy (in his eyes). 2 more frustrating and wasteful years.
    #Fire Garrett

If we fire Garrett we wouldn’t be able to benefit from his 8 years on the job training.

You guys ever think of that?

4. The following user likes this post:

I can't bring myself to actively root for the Cowboys to lose games. But if they happen to go 6-10, or something along those lines, it wouldn't bother me because I'll know it's for the greater good.

6. The following user likes this post:

I thought this was a step by step how to...
    #Fire Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    I can't bring myself to actively root for the Cowboys to lose games. But if they happen to go 6-10, or something along those lines, it wouldn't bother me because I'll know it's for the greater good.
    I'll be miserable until we get to 6 or 7 losses. Then I'd probably stop caring much at all.

El Other Presidente' UncleMilti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    I partially agree with this statement. I do agree that Jones' identity and legacy are tied to the Cowboys, but Moore seems to hint that having a successful organization is what Jones values. And that Garrett needs to show that he can win in Dallas or risk being shown the door. That couldn't be further from the truth.

You can't purposely do things ass backwards for over 20 years with absolutely nothing to show for it, then turn around and claim that you care how this team performs on the field. Sorry not buying it.

As long as the money is flowing in and jerseys and tickets are being sold I don't think he'll be motivated to change anything.
    Exactly right. If all Jones cared about was a winning franchise, we wouldn't be sitting here 20 years removed from a SB and consistent playoff appearances when every other NFC team for the most part has ran circles around us. Jones is a carnival barker. Nothing more, nothing less.

I know an Italian family back in NJ with NY ties. They might know "a guy".

Only thing that concerns me is the uncertainty of picking up a better coach if Garrett gets canned. Chances are a new coach would just be a lateral move. But there is the chance that Jerry unknowingly hires a guy who could make us a contender again. I know he wouldn't intentionally hire someone with a commanding presence.
    But I can dream..can't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Couchcoach View Post
    Only thing that concerns me is the uncertainty of picking up a better coach if Garrett gets canned. Chances are a new coach would just be a lateral move. But there is the chance that Jerry unknowingly hires a guy who could make us a contender again. I know he wouldn't intentionally hire someone with a commanding presence.
    But I can dream..can't I?
    There is always the slim chance that he gets ultra frustrated again and hires someone like Bill Parcells again. I know it's slim but it did happen once.