Postseason already looking like a long shot

Hawkeye

Brand New Member
Hi guys, Looking at the schedule I see the potential for maybe five more wins putting the Cowboys at 9-7. If Philadelphia continues their winning ways and if Zeke' suspension sticks.

I hope it turns out differently but I see the rest of the schedule shaping up like this:

Current record 4-3

KC = L
ATL = W
PHI = L
LAC = W
WAS = W
NYG = W
OAK = W
SEA = L
PHI = L

Potentially they could (hopefully) split the series with Philly and/or get lucky against KC or Seattle for ten or eleven wins.

midswat

... soon
Why do so many people feel confident penciling Atlanta as a win?

midswat

... soon
If we get to that week 17 and it’s a “win and in” game, I love our chances. Garrett always does well in elimination games.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I actually feel like we have a better chance vs KC than Atlanta.

Atlanta has an elite passing attack. It may have had some struggles this season, but I'm sure our awful pass defense will be the cure that ails it.

I can't see us holding them under 27/30 points.

midswat

... soon
I look at that schedule and see 7-9.

Hawkeye

Brand New Member
I admit, I struggled a bit with that one. But Atlanta has the same record as Dallas and the Cowboys have racked up 198 points vs 153 for The Falcons. But with Zeke out .... hurts my head.

Plus I didn't want to end up at the previously popular 8-8 record.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi guys, Looking at the schedule I see the potential for maybe five more wins putting the Cowboys at 9-7. If Philadelphia continues their winning ways and if Zeke' suspension sticks.

I hope it turns out differently but I see the rest of the schedule shaping up like this:

Current record 4-3

KC = L
ATL = W
PHI = L
LAC = W
WAS = W
NYG = W
OAK = W
SEA = L
PHI = L

Potentially they could (hopefully) split the series with Philly and/or get lucky against KC or Seattle for ten or eleven wins.
If we are 9-5 when Zeke comes back I love our chances.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's what I said.

Hell, 8-6 is what I said would make me happy.

9-5 would be some pop-the-champagne type shit. :lol
You couldn't really ask for better. I meant to say 8-5 when Zeke came back.

But if we are 8-5 at that point, there is no excuse for missing the playoffs while finishing the season

midswat

... soon
I admit, I struggled a bit with that one. But Atlanta has the same record as Dallas and the Cowboys have racked up 198 points vs 153 for The Falcons. But with Zeke out .... hurts my head.

Plus I didn't want to end up at the previously popular 8-8 record.
I’m sorry but Ryan, Julio, and freeman will have buttsex with our defense.

I bet we give up 35 points the next two weeks.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
We're not going to beat KC or Atlanta.

midswat

... soon
KC = L
ATL = L
PHI = W
LAC = W
WAS = W
NYG = W
OAK = L
SEA = L
PHI = L
Cowboys 8-8

I'd even say 7-9 because the Eagles are playing us off of a bye. But it's Garrett and he's real good at 8-8 so I say that.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Just beat the Chargers. I hate when my holidays are ruined.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we somehow go 4-2 over these next 6 games I'd give us at least a 80% chance of making the playoffs. It'd probably be damn near 100% to be honest because I couldn't see us ending up any worse than 10-6 in that scenario.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
If the offense had Zeke available, it might make up for the D's deficiencies. Since it's 99.9999% certain he won't be available for anything but the last few games, I'm dubious that this is a playoff team. With the Eagles kicking the rest of the league's ass and other meh NFC teams that at least have most of their pieces in place, I think the playoffs are a pipe dream unless the defense turns into the latest version of Doomsday.

As Simp mentioned, if we can pull off 4-2 or maybe even 3-3, I'd say we have a shot at the POs. If not, I doubt it. A wild card berth might still be in play but we'll be fighting three or four other teams for that..

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
8-8

Top Bottom