Must See Movies

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yep...there was a string of movies around that time that were really good. Stir of Echoes, Blair With, Sixth Sense all were around that time if I remember correctly.
Stir of Echoes good?:unsure

It's definitely is not on par with the other 2.

Carp

DCC 4Life
That bear attack in The Revenant is freaking brutal. Damn.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Swiss Army Man is both weird and fantastic at the same time.
I thought about seeing it when it was out but the farting corpse whose boner is some sort of guiding compass seemed just a little bit too retarded to me.

D

Deuce

:lol

I have no idea why that made me laugh in context to the original post but it did.

I read some good things about the film but the premise is way out there.
It absolutely is, but it's originality is great. Plus Dano and Radcliffe are awesome.

Jiggyfly

Banned

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/08/11/donald-glover-is-the-first-choice-for-young-lando-calrissian

Donald Glover is the first choice for Young Lando.

Will he do it? I'm not even sure there's an offer out there, but at Star Wars Celebration this year directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller told a story about hiring Alden Ehrenreich to play Han Solo - they saw hundreds, if not thousands, of young men, but in the end they went with Ehrenreich, who was the first actor they saw and their first choice. So while the directors may still be meeting with actors, it isn't out of the range of possibility that their first choice is who they will end up with (if Glover wants the part. I'm not 100% sure I see him taking a role like this).

Glover seems like a good choice - he's both funny and smooth, and he's serious enough to be a real action star. Most crucially I think he would play the role without just doing an imitation of Billy Dee Williams, or some kind of silly riff on the character.

Will it be Glover? We'll see, but I'm hearing that's who they want. Speculate away.
If anybody can tell me how to resize that picture so I can make it an avatar please let me know.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I only know Donald Glover from his stand up (which I find decidedly mediocre). Is he really seen as smooth and funny? I can't imagine him filling Billy Dee Williams' shoes from what I've seen of him.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I only know Donald Glover from his stand up (which I find decidedly mediocre). Is he really seen as smooth and funny? I can't imagine him filling Billy Dee Williams' shoes from what I've seen of him.
He was good on Community and he us getting good reviews for his current show Atlanta.

He seems to me to be a very talented guy who has a range of abilities but let's be real nobody can fill Billy Dee Williams shoes.

dallen

Senior Tech
I hear he is pretty damn smooth in Magic Mike XXL.... :unsure

Carp

DCC 4Life
After really knowing nothing about Doctor Strange, I will say that the movie was really good. The cast is pretty amazing and the 3D actually added a great deal to the movie.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
After really knowing nothing about Doctor Strange, I will say that the movie was really good. The cast is pretty amazing and the 3D actually added a great deal to the movie.
I thought it was classically decent.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I liked Batman Vs Superman. By no means a great comic movie, but solid.

Yeah, there wasn't much comic relief, but do I really need to LOL during every comic book movie?

If Superman were real, I bet he'd be going through the shit from the government and haters that he does in this movie.

Top Bottom