User Tag List

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Random 2018 Mock Drafts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Normally no, but I think I do it this year. I'm cautiously optimistic about this DL with Irving, Collins, Lawrence, and I think Taco Charlton will be a good player too. We are very solid at corner with Awuzie, Lewis and Brown being recent hits. Moving Jones to Corner makes that one of the deepest positions on the team. Xavier Woods looks like a keeper at safety, though not an alpha safety, more like a solid starter.

Give me two more pro bowlers on this defense.... a rangy and hard hitting FS, and a younger Sean Lee to go with original Sean Lee at LB, and I think this defense turns into an elite unit. That is something that Romo never had. Even 2009 when it was very good, this defense could be better with two more studs.

What if you could give up a third and a pick next year to get to 11, and take Derwin James, then get Josey Jewell, Darius Leonard or Lorenzo Carter in the second. Or what if Rashaan Evans falls? Very nice defense.
    James isn't exactly the "rangy centerfield" type of FS, he's more of a box/hybrid LB type who is good but not elite in deep coverage. I'd definitely take him at 19 but I wouldn't trade up for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    James isn't exactly the "rangy centerfield" type of FS, he's more of a box/hybrid LB type who is good but not elite in deep coverage. I'd definitely take him at 19 but I wouldn't trade up for him.
    I dunno, I've heard him compared to Jalen Ramsey. Not your classic deep center fielder but I think more than enough range to play FS. Like a Darren Woodson, more.

Can play free, can play slot, can tackle well, can even play corner.

Drooling. Would transform our defense with the corner depth we have and Woods at the other safety spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    He is a shined up LBer. I don't think he is this elite player that people paint him out to be.

I dunno, I've heard him compared to Jalen Ramsey. Not your classic deep center fielder but I think more than enough range to play FS. Like a Darren Woodson, more.

Can play free, can play slot, can tackle well, can even play corner.
    And those people are stupid and probably confused because of the same college uniform.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Normally no, but I think I do it this year. I'm cautiously optimistic about this DL with Irving, Collins, Lawrence, and I think Taco Charlton will be a good player too. We are very solid at corner with Awuzie, Lewis and Brown being recent hits. Moving Jones to Corner makes that one of the deepest positions on the team. Xavier Woods looks like a keeper at safety, though not an alpha safety, more like a solid starter.

Give me two more pro bowlers on this defense.... a rangy and hard hitting FS, and a younger Sean Lee to go with original Sean Lee at LB, and I think this defense turns into an elite unit. That is something that Romo never had. Even 2009 when it was very good, this defense could be better with two more studs.

What if you could give up a third and a pick next year to get to 11, and take Derwin James, then get Josey Jewell, Darius Leonard or Lorenzo Carter in the second. Or what if Rashaan Evans falls? Very nice defense.
    3rd this year and a 3rd next year is what it would take to move up that far. I had rather wait it out at that cost.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    3rd this year and a 3rd next year is what it would take to move up that far. I had rather wait it out at that cost.
    My opinon.... which is mostly based on others' opinions of him.... is obviously different than yours, booze's and Simp's, but I think I'd do it.

I'd do it for Roquan Smith too but I think I prefer James.

We've got the extra comp picks to do it, and for every Malik Collins we get in the third, there are multiple Chaz Green's, JJ Wilcox's and Tyrone Crawford's.

I'd be much more willing to trade up for Roquan or Edmunds than James.

8. The following user likes this post:

My opinon.... which is mostly based on others' opinions of him.... is obviously different than yours, booze's and Simp's, but I think I'd do it.

I'd do it for Roquan Smith too but I think I prefer James.

We've got the extra comp picks to do it, and for every Malik Collins we get in the third, there are multiple Chaz Green's, JJ Wilcox's and Tyrone Crawford's.
    James is an elite athlete. He is just getting overly picked apart by some in my opinion. The guy is an all around great safety. Does it all well. This isn't a glorified LBer, which is a ridiculous idea.

10. The following user likes this post:

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    James is an elite athlete. He is just getting overly picked apart by some in my opinion. The guy is an all around great safety. Does it all well. This isn't a glorified LBer, which is a ridiculous idea.
    Dude ran a 4.47 40 and had a 40" vertical. It's not like he is some slow SS or something. He has damn good speed to go with his freak athletic ability.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion