Terrorist attack in NYC

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Evidently someone drove a rental truck up a bike path.

8 dead.

Driver was supposedly yelling Allah Akbar or whatever those dipshits yell.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
BAN TRUCKS!!!

Cotton

Staff member
Or, maybe we should ban just THIS kind of truck. Isn't that the logic some idiots try to follow?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
White guy kills with gun: Do something! We need sensible gun control!
Muslim kills with truck: Thoughts and prayers.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
White guy kills with gun: Do something! We need sensible gun control!
Muslim kills with truck: Thoughts and prayers.
You forgot #notallmuslims

Cotton

Staff member
Things we know so far...

- Terrorist was a Muslim immigrant

- Terrorist had been here as an immigrant for 7 years

- Terrorist used legal weapons available to legal immigrants to kill his victims

NBC reports, "Not only is this type of thing hard to prevent, it's impossible."

It's not impossible. The increased vetting and possible immigration ban that has been beaten down by bleeding hearts is the only answer to this. You stop the bad guys from coming over. It's that damn simple. Americans first. To hell with "refugees". They are not our responsibility.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's almost as if approximately 4 weeks ago a white American didn't shoot up 600+ people.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
What does this have to do with some dude running people over?
People acting like closing borders will magically get rid of America's terrorism/gun violence problem.

Just pointing out that Americans are far out-distancing refugees, immigrants, etc. when it comes to mass shootings and violence in general.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
It's almost as if approximately 4 weeks ago a white American didn't shoot up 600+ people.
well, the perp is dead, the victims have been buried and the injured are recovering. life goes on.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
People acting like closing borders will magically get rid of America's terrorism/gun violence problem.

Just pointing out that Americans are far out-distancing refugees, immigrants, etc. when it comes to mass shootings and violence in general.
It might detect and deter some of the terrorist plans.

The home grown terrorist are another matter. There wasn’t any indication of this individuals plans.

The immigrant however can potentially be uncovered as a possible treeorist intent.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'm not saying we should close the borders. But just because a solution for one kind of a terrorist isn't a solution for all kinds of terrorists doesn't make it a bad solution. You're simply fixing one problem at a time.

But closing borders in my opinion does more harm then good, so no I wouldn't just outright close them.

Cotton

Staff member

I agree that we will never be completely rid of it. I'm only talking about mitigation efforts.

Oh, and some seem to forget the gay nightclub shot up by a Muslim, so "far out-distancing" is not entirely accurate.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I agree that we will never be completely rid of it. I'm only talking about mitigation efforts.

Oh, and some seem to forget the gay nightclub shot up by a Muslim, so "far out-distancing" is not entirely accurate.
That's an interesting topic. As far as I know the night club shooter wasn't trained, recruited or planned by any terrorist outfit like ISIS. Should he be considered a lone domestic loon or, because he was Muslim and apparently made a conscious effort to make it known, part of the Islamic terrorist threat?

Cotton

Staff member
That's an interesting topic. As far as I know the night club shooter wasn't trained, recruited or planned by any terrorist outfit like ISIS. Should he be considered a lone domestic loon or, because he was Muslim and apparently made a conscious effort to make it known, part of the Islamic terrorist threat?
ISIS has been encouraging the lone wolf thing in the last couple of years. Take that for what you will.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
ISIS has been encouraging the lone wolf thing in the last couple of years. Take that for what you will.
It is an ideology, not a trained militia. Most are fanatics and loners. That is why they are impossible to contain.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Closing the border is nothing but a symbolic move. Making immigration harder, that is a better use of money and resources. Last I checked, some Mexican guy is not the one running over people.

Cotton

Staff member
Closing the border is nothing but a symbolic move. Making immigration harder, that is a better use of money and resources. Last I checked, some Mexican guy is not the one running over people.
Making immigration harder is essentially closing the border. It's at least pushing the door to, and not latching it. And, that's the type of immigration change I'm talking about. I've said all along that I think the Mexico wall is stupid and a waste of money.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom