LOL @ the Redskins

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Stork failed his physical, trade voided.

:lol @ the Redskins.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Browsing ES, they are ready to fire the entire coaching staff, sick to their stomachs over Alfred Morris scoring the winning TD and doing his home run swing, ready to bench Cousins and glad he wasn't signed to a longterm deal. Also resigned to the fact they will go from first to last in the division again.

Have to admit, Alfred's TD and home run swing was icing on the cake.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Browsing ES, they are ready to fire the entire coaching staff, sick to their stomachs over Alfred Morris scoring the winning TD and doing his home run swing, ready to bench Cousins and glad he wasn't signed to a longterm deal. Also resigned to the fact they will go from first to last in the division again.

There were points in the game where I wanted to fire our entire coaching staff...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Give us some reading material!

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Give us some reading material!
That's baseball swing was right up there with watching griffin twist his knee against seattle. Had to look away.

That could not have hurt any more. I hate this team.

Folks this will be a long season--- we are garbage--- half of dallas' d is on suspension and we made a rookie QB look like Joe Montana

This is the product you get when you hire a guy just because his brother was a coach who won the super bowl like 15 years ago...lol

**** YOU, COUSINS! So sick of your mentally soft ****.

Thank God we didn't give Kirk a big contract. And thank God I held off on buying his jersey.

**** this team, **** our defense, **** all the Dallas fans in our stadium, **** our stadium. Same as it ever was

Fire everyone

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Feh.

Not the same without the Dead Tree Crew and Art.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I love we beat them today and late last year at FedEx with Cassell. I think they will only go so far with Gruden as HC and Cousins at QB.

But their GM, Scot McCloughan, looks like the real deal. He had several great drafts when he was with the 49ers which got them to three NFCC games and a SB. This year it looks like he had a very good draft in Washington. If he gets to bring in a new HC in a year or two and finds a QB they could become a force. But until then they should continue to struggle. Hopefully someone hires him away from DC, because he has shown he can build a team.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I love we beat them today and late last year at FedEx with Cassell. I think they will only go so far with Gruden as HC and Cousins at QB.

But their GM, Scot McCloughan, looks like the real deal. He had several great drafts when he was with the 49ers which got them to three NFCC games and a SB. This year it looks like he had a very good draft in Washington. If he gets to bring in a new HC in a year or two and finds a QB they could become a force. But until then they should continue to struggle. Hopefully someone hires him away from DC, because he has shown he can build a team.
Maybe.

Then again he may be hamstrung a bit in Washington. A ton of the posters over on ES are pissed because he totally ignored the defensive side of the ball in the draft, especially knowing the offense was pretty set at WR and TE. And then the Norman deal is just a bizzare thing...all that money, and the Steelers and Cowboys ate up Breeland and the LB'ers in the passing game.

Of course, they blame Danny Boy for operating the puppet strings. :lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe.

Then again he may be hamstrung a bit in Washington. A ton of the posters over on ES are pissed because he totally ignored the defensive side of the ball in the draft, especially knowing the offense was pretty set at WR and TE. And then the Norman deal is just a bizzare thing...all that money, and the Steelers and Cowboys ate up Breeland and the LB'ers in the passing game.

It's the limitations of a great corner. He can still only take one offensive weapon out of the game. It's the same problem we have with Claiborne... :tippytoe

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Maybe.

I hope he just gets caught up in the dumpster fire and it doesn't work out or he gets upset with Danny and ends up leaving.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I hope he just gets caught up in the dumpster fire and it doesn't work out or he gets upset with Danny and ends up leaving.
Maybe he can come to Dallas.

Cotton

Staff member
It's the limitations of a great corner. He can still only take one offensive weapon out of the game. It's the same problem we have with Claiborne... :tippytoe
Claiborne is quietly having a really good season so far.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Washington basketball star John Wall shows up to Redskins-Cowboys in Dallas gear

Washington Wizards star guard John Wall was at the Redskins-Cowboys game on Sunday dressed in a Cowboys jersey of Emmitt Smith. He also said hello to Dez Bryant and threw up the X.

Wall, who despite being firmly entrenched in Redskins' territory is remaining true to his roots as he continues to cheer for the Cowboys.
Wall admitted as much when he was originally drafted by the Wizards but years later not much has changed. The All-Star point guard says, "I'm a mama's boy and that's my mama's team."

Emmitt Smith took notice as well.

---------------

:lol

Skins fans are PISSED that John Wall had the nerve to show up to their home field wearing the hated Cowboys colors. Fans are calling in to NFL network demanding that he is immediately cut from the Wizards.

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Redskin player openly wondering why the Redskins never make adjustments during the game......

Sounds familiar.

From the Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/09/18/a-redskins-player-wants-to-know-why-his-team-doesnt-adjust/

It’s the classic lament of angry sports-radio callers: Why doesn’t our team ever make adjustments? It’s a hard question to answer without being on the sidelines and knowing whether adjustments are actually being made, or if not why they aren’t, or whether that even matters. Sometimes, the question just feels like another way to blow off steam, another way of asking “Why weren’t we good enough to win?”

But Redskins fans screaming about in-game adjustments received a bit of support from the team’s locker room after Sunday’s dispiriting 27-23 loss to the Cowboys. Because here was veteran defensive lineman Ricky Jean Francois, talking about how Dallas seemed to adjust its offensive strategy as the game went on, and how Washington seemed not to respond in kind.

“It just feels like they game-planned the hell out of that [running game],” Francois said. “At one point, we were stuffing it, we was getting them where we wanted to, and then they went from inside runs to outside runs. It was like they adjusted to what they [saw]. And not taking anything away from [rookie quarterback Dak] Prescott, but whoever’s the offensive coordinator sitting upstairs, up top, did a hell of a job by seeing something and adjusting to it and showing the kid what he needed to see to become a good quarterback and to actually pull off this game for them.”

For the record, Dallas’s numbers rushing the ball in the first half (16 carries for 51 yards) and the second half (14 carries for 51 yards) were nearly identical. The Cowboys had 231 yards and 13 points in the first half, and only 147 yards (and 14 points) in the second half. And the Redskins did change their secondary coverage as the game went on, with Josh Norman at times trailing Dez Bryant around the field.

“I’m asked to do what I’m asked to do,” Norman said. “The coaches ask me to do something, I’m gonna do it to the full extent of my abilities, and I’m gonna get the job done and execute flawlessly, and that’s what I did.”

Still, Francois was asked if Washington’s defense didn’t respond to the perceived Dallas adjustment as well as it could have.

“We didn’t,” he said. “Let’s be real. Let’s be truthful. We didn’t respond to it, because if we would have, Alfred [Morris] wouldn’t have had a touchdown. Ezekiel Elliott had a few big breaks. And those big breaks, if we would have actually adjusted and seen what they were doing quick enough, we would have had it. And I just feel like even from the [playoff loss to the] Packers from last year, every team that sees us adjusts. Every team that adjusts to us, we don’t adjust to them. Every team we play against, it just feels like they see something and then they pounce on it and they keep doing it. And it feels like we’re just not responding to it.”
And whose responsibility would it be to make those adjustments?

“I have no clue,” he said. “That’s one answer I would love to know.”

This did not appear to be a common refrain on Sunday, and the game was back-and-forth throughout. Cowboys Coach Jason Garrett said his team was “persistent” in the running game, and that Prescott showed “poise and composure” in the go-ahead drive.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
McCloughan is definitely a good personnel guy but what has he done since joining the Redskins?

The team is built around Cousins, Reed, their WR's, Trent Williams, Kerrigan, Norman, Breeland, and Preston Smith. Of those only Norman and Smith are guys McCloughan brought in and Smith looks to have regressed a bit from his hot finish to last season.

It's obviously too early to make any final judgments on draft classes that are only a year or two old, but so far the only clear hits are Jamison Crowder and Preston Smith. Am I supposed to be impressed with them taking an OG 5th overall who looks like a good but not great player?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Extremeskins is undergoing "site maintenance". :lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
McCloughan is definitely a good personnel guy but what has he done since joining the Redskins?

The team is built around Cousins, Reed, their WR's, Trent Williams, Kerrigan, Norman, Breeland, and Preston Smith. Of those only Norman and Smith are guys McCloughan brought in and Smith looks to have regressed a bit from his hot finish to last season.

It's obviously too early to make any final judgments on draft classes that are only a year or two old, but so far the only clear hits are Jamison Crowder and Preston Smith. Am I supposed to be impressed with them taking an OG 5th overall who looks like a good but not great player?
Yeah I don't see it either. The Skins defense still blows badly. They have zero ability to run the ball on offense. Partially because Matt Jones isn't very good and partially because their blocking sucks. The only thing that really impresses me about the Skins is that they have some really talented passing targets.

It's funny because we all bitch about Dallas's defense but put yourselves in a Skins fans shoes. Their defense with all this money spent on it just got torched by a rookie QB and a rookie RB. We would all be livid if that happened to us.

Top Bottom