Week 10 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Steelers | 11/13/2016

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What makes this win even sweeter is that the Steelers' locker room is unraveling. Lots of finger pointing at the coaches.

Stars

DCC 4Life
man what a fucking game. Was too nervous and drunk to even post in the thread. Best hangover I've had in a while.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

Yeah, okay.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:towel

Jiggyfly

Banned
The playcalling did hurt us in that game just as it hurt us at the end of the 1st half vs Philly.

This staff absolutely has to stop with the empty sets and the abandonment of the run once we get into the redzone.

It makes no sense whatsoever to be running the ball the way we are and then get inside the 10 and just decide to throw 3 straight passes out of the shotgun, especially out of an empty set.

It also makes no sense to be keep going empty backfield to start a new series of downs when we are running the ball so well. One of the biggest advantages of having a running game like ours is that it keeps the defense unbalanced. It leaves them guessing because they have to account for everything and cannot commit to playing either the run or the pass because they know they can get hit by either at any moment.

We basically take that advantage, spit on it, and throw it in the gutter when we constantly line up in an empty set when there is no reason to do so. We are taking that advantage that we've built and we've given it back to the defense in the form of a get-out-of-jail free card, and I will never ever understand the logic in doing something like that.

We also hurt ourselves yesterday by throwing Dunbar out there time and time again. He can't run better than any other RB on the roster, he can't catch better than any other RB on the roster, and he certainly can't block better than other RB on the roster, and yet there he is trotting out there over and over and over.

I'm guessing every defense we play will take that every.single.time.

Yes, please keep Zeke on the sideline! Thanks!

Dunbar almost cost us that Dez TD because he got blown up on that play.

The offense is scoring points and I think that they have been well-coached for the most part this season, but the aforementioned mental blunders keep on happening and it almost cost us yesterday just like it almost cost us vs Philly, and it made the game vs Green Bay closer than it should have been for the first 3 quarters.

It's going to cost us in a big game this year if the staff doesn't learn to stop shooting itself in the foot so often.
All of that is opinion and some of its just false.

We have rarely went empty set and thrown it 3 straight times in the redzone, that is just making shit up.

With the amount they have broken tendencies this year I give them the benefit of the doubt on play sets because they actually seem to be dictating things instead of just winging it.

And unless we know what changes the D has to make to adjust to different sets its all supposition.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This is cool, but I wonder how many rookie QBs have had the opportunity to play in both places in the same year. It's not like they are in the same division, much less the same conference.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Another Victory Monday where Merrill Hoge has to talk about the Cowboys winning and the Steelers losing. Im absolutely am on cloud 9.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Another Victory Monday where Merrill Hoge has to talk about the Cowboys winning and the Steelers losing. Im absolutely am on cloud 9.
I liked your first version better.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We have rarely went empty set and thrown it 3 straight times in the redzone, that is just making shit up.

We absolutely have.

The fact that you don't know this is all the proof I need that I shouldn't waste another minute continuing this conversation with you.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION]

You are becoming a damn Nostradamus on this board.

You predict a win, and it happens.

You predict Sean Lee is gonna have his best game of the season and he does just that.

You predicted Dez would be huge yesterday and he was.

Please feel free to predict a SB victory sometime before the season ends, ok?

kthxbai

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Damn a Victory Monday. I'm feeling so good I'm ready for the "Ravens stuff" thread. I wanted to start it last night. :lol

Make it happen, [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION]

:towel

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
One other beef I had with the officiating yesterday was on the Steelers second TD. When E. Rogers hit the ground, that ball CLEARLY moved as it hit the turf. Yet instant replay called it a catch and a TD.

Make up your fucking mind, NFL. Either the ball can move or it can't when contacting the ground. This is not subjective.

Top Bottom