Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

townsend

Banned
:cabbagepatch

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Question is will they play WELL Sunday. I don't give a shit if they show up only to suck because they are rusty with injuries.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Geronimo Allison charged with misdemeanor possession
January 10, 2017 | 03:09 PM

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Geronimo Allison was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana on Dec. 15, 2016, in Manitowoc County, WI.

Allison's charge won't affect him until next season as he is facing disciplinary action from the NFL as a result. He will likely play a large role in Sunday's Divisional Round matchup at Dallas due to the presumed absence of Jordy Nelson, who is extremely questionable to play -- he is nursing two fractured ribs. Allison finished the regular season strong filling in for Randall Cobb, who was inactive for the final two games of the year with an ankle injury. He caught eight targets for 157 yards and two touchdowns in Cobb's absence and should garner a similar role in the offense Sunday if Nelson is limited or out.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Charged with a drug crime oh go ahead and play. Miss a drug test while in recovery banned for a year.

Cotton

Staff member
Geronimo Allison charged with misdemeanor possession
January 10, 2017 | 03:09 PM

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Geronimo Allison was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana on Dec. 15, 2016, in Manitowoc County, WI.

Allison's charge won't affect him until next season as he is facing disciplinary action from the NFL as a result. He will likely play a large role in Sunday's Divisional Round matchup at Dallas due to the presumed absence of Jordy Nelson, who is extremely questionable to play -- he is nursing two fractured ribs. Allison finished the regular season strong filling in for Randall Cobb, who was inactive for the final two games of the year with an ankle injury. He caught eight targets for 157 yards and two touchdowns in Cobb's absence and should garner a similar role in the offense Sunday if Nelson is limited or out.
So, he did break a couple of ribs. He ain't playing. They can stop that charade right now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Certain teams get certain privileges from the NFL, Giants, Packer and Steelers at the top of that list
Yeah as much as Rodger would like fans to believe that every NFL team has to play by the same rules it simply isn't true. Certain NFL teams really control everything.

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys defense knows it will be challenged by Aaron Rodgers
8:00 AM CT
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- No quarterback is playing as well as Aaron Rodgers.

In the Green Bay Packers' current seven-game winning streak, Rodgers has 19 touchdown passes, no interceptions and just one turnover.

In the Dallas Cowboys' 30-16 win against the Packers in October, Rodgers was in a funk. He entered the game with the worst completion percentage in the NFL. The running game was not helping much. The protection wasn't the strongest.

Rodgers had a touchdown pass but was intercepted once and fumbled once. He was sacked once, too. The Packers had just three plays of 20 or more yards. Most importantly, the Cowboys allowed the Packers to score touchdowns on just one of four red-zone trips. The Cowboys aren't letting that performance alter their preparation for Sunday's divisional playoff rematch at AT&T Stadium, though.

"I mean it helps," cornerback Morris Claiborne said of the first meeting, "but it's a new season. It's another game. You can't go out and rely on the same things you did the last time, but what we're relying on is just effort. Effort, going after the ball, tackling, all 11 guys to the ball, if we go out and do that on the defensive side of the ball, I think we like our chances."

The Cowboys could catch a break if Jordy Nelson doesn't play because of a rib injury.

Even without Nelson the Packers are dangerous. Davante Adams has seven touchdown receptions in the winning streak and had eight catches for 125 yards and a score in the wild-card win against the New York Giants. Ty Montgomery looks more like a running back than a receiver playing running back. Tight end Jared Cook did not play in the first meeting against Dallas but has 18 receptions in his last four games.

But Rodgers is the maestro.

Two years ago in the divisional round Rodgers threw for 316 yards and three touchdowns against the Cowboys. Despite a calf strain that limited his mobility, the Cowboys sacked him just twice. As good as he was that day, he's been better lately and the Cowboys know they must affect him.

"He's uncomfortable when it's tight and we're all in the pocket with him," defensive end Tyrone Crawford said. "But as soon as he gets out of there, he's a great player and he makes big plays. Just keeping him in there and limiting his comfort throwing the ball (will be big), but I mean the guy makes crazy plays no matter what. I don't know how he does some of the things he does to pass the ball."

Despite the good showing in the regular season, there is a feeling of doubt that the Cowboys can do it again Sunday.

"Who's doubting?" Carr said. "They're not in here through, right? We're not going to worry about them. It's a new ballgame. We're ready for a challenge. You have an elite quarterback coming into town, a high-powered offense. It's the same story for us every week: execute our game plan, find ways to make plays."

Cotton

Staff member
Packers' run D gets shot at redemption against Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott
8:24 AM CT
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

GREEN BAY, Wis. – "Ridiculous" was the word Mike Daniels used.

It was just moments after the Green Bay Packers defensive tackle was part of a group effort that allowed the Dallas Cowboys to rush for 191 yards in their Week 6 win at Lambeau Field. Rookie Ezekiel Elliott accounted for 157 of that.

“We’re better than that, and we just have to show that,” Daniels said after the Packers’ 30-16 loss on Oct. 16.

Their chance to do so comes now, and the stakes have been raised when the two teams meet again in an NFC divisional playoff game on Sunday at AT&T Stadium.

The Packers’ defenders had their chests puffed out with pride heading into the first meeting with the Cowboys. And why not? They held their first four opponents to a combined 171 yards rushing – the second-fewest through four games in the Super Bowl era, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

Elliott nearly bettered that by himself in a single game. Dom Capers’ defense fell from first to third against the run afterward. Twice after that, they regained the top spot, and although they never fell out of the top 10, they finished eighth in the league in rushing yards allowed per game (94.7).

Yes, it was the Packers’ highest ranking against the run since Capers’ first season of 2009, when they led the league, but after their near-historic start, it had to be considered a bit of a disappointment.

All of that could change if they shut down – or at least limit – Elliott and the Cowboys. The rookie first-round pick won the NFL rushing title, and it wasn’t even close. His 1,631 yards were more than 300 better than runner-up Jordan Howard, the Chicago Bears rookie. The Cowboys finished No. 2 in rushing yards as a team, averaging 149.8 per game.

Back in Week 6, the Packers discovered the lethal combination that is Elliott and an offensive line with three Pro Bowlers – left tackle Tyron Smith, center Travis Frederick and guard Zack Martin.

“Do you see those offensive linemen?” Packers cornerback Damarious Randall said this week, standing in front of his locker. “They’ve got three Pro Bowlers over there, and the other two just probably missed it. That left tackle they’ve got is as big as this locker, and I’m pretty sure he runs just as good as me. He looks like it on film.

“And then you can’t take credit away from Zeke. I mean, Zeke has been running through holes and breaking them long, long runs that you ask for a running back to break. That’s what has their offense rolling.”

“It’s both,” Packers rookie defensive tackle Kenny Clark said.

Said Packers linebacker Jake Ryan: “He’s a great back, very dynamic. He hits the holes very well and is tough to slow down. He’s a good downhill runner. The offensive line does a hell of a job and we saw that the first game.”

The Packers handled the New York Giants' runners in last week’s wild-card game, holding the duo of Paul Perkins and Rashad Jennings to a combined 59 yards on 15 carries, but New York came in with the fourth-worst running game in the league.

But rankings may not matter much; they didn’t for the Packers in the first meeting.

“Everybody would be proud of being No. 1 in anything,” Clark said. “But at the end of the day, when challenges like that, it was the No. 1 rushing defense versus the No. 1 rushing offense.”

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys defensive leader Sean Lee finally gets playoff shot
SCHUYLER DIXON (AP Sports Writer)
The Associated Press•Jan 10, 2017, 4:24 PM

FRISCO, Texas (AP) -- Sean Lee's first All-Pro season will end with the first trip to the playoffs for the oft-injured Dallas linebacker.

If that sounds like a breakout year, Cowboys tight end Jason Witten would argue otherwise.

''To me, it's not like, oh, we're seeing a different player than we've seen in the past,'' Witten said. ''I remember the first week, his rookie year, he was tough on scout team. He's what you want your linebacker to look like.''

Lee missed Dallas' only other trip to the postseason since he was drafted in 2010. That was two years ago, when the Cowboys beat Detroit in a wild-card game before losing at Green Bay in the divisional round.

The Cowboys (13-3) will meet the Packers in the same round Sunday. This time Dallas will be at home as the No. 1 seed in the NFC, and Lee will try to slow Aaron Rodgers, who has 19 touchdowns without an interception during a seven-game winning streak for Green Bay (11-6).

Lee never played in 2014 after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in the first offseason practice. It was the third long-term injury for the former Penn State standout who slid to the second round in his draft because of another knee injury.

By the time that season ended, Lee had played in 46 games and been inactive because of injury in 36. But now he's played in 29 of the past 32. It would be 30 if Lee hadn't been held out of the regular-season finale at Philadelphia because the Cowboys had clinched the top seed.

''During a lot of injuries I've had, I said, 'Hey, I have this great opportunity ahead of me to play on this great team with these great teammates,''' Lee said . ''So that was really what motivated in times I was injured.''

Even though he knew he wasn't playing against the Eagles, Lee kept his helmet on. And it wasn't so much because he longed to say he played all 16 games. His career list is likely to show another ''15,'' matching 2011 for the only other time he came close to playing a full season.

Instead, it was Lee doing what others say separates him from many players: obsessing on preparation .

''As soon as they played the Rocky theme song, I was like, 'You've got to get me in this game,''' Lee joked before explaining. ''When I've had the injuries, the best thing I did was mentally I kept myself in it, situational. OK, I'm going to prepare like I'm playing this week.''

Lee set a career high in tackles each of the past three seasons he played, starting with 123 in 2013 before the knee injury, and 156 last season. After sitting against the Eagles, he settled for 173 and a team-high 12 tackles for loss this season.

The 30-year-old Lee was denied a second Pro Bowl bid, but not the All-Pro nod that carries more prestige.

''It's good to see that recognition and the people kind of see it in the reflection because he has a lot of tackles,'' Witten said. ''That doesn't define what Sean brings to this football team. I think it's so much bigger than that.''

Dez Bryant's famous catch that wasn't is what most remember from the Cowboys' 26-21 loss to the Packers two years ago. What most don't remember is Rodgers' offense keeping the ball for the final 4:06 after that play to preserve the win.

Owner and general manager Jerry Jones certainly does, particularly because Lee was on the sideline - and on injured reserve.

''I remember watching Rodgers take it down the field against us two years ago and wishing we had Sean Lee out there,'' Jones said. ''And I knew he was sitting over there pretty healthy. Now, I don't know if he was ready to defend Rodgers. But it would have been probably good to have him in the game.''

This time Lee will be, after waiting seven seasons to experience the postseason.

''The anxiety level is low, but the excitement level is high,'' Lee said. ''I've missed a lot of football. I'm blessed to be healthy. I'm excited to be on this team and have this opportunity.''

Witten and others are excited for him.

Top Bottom