Week 6 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Packers | 10/16/2016

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Refs should've blown that dead. They didn't get the play off before time expired.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The first drive I loved the game plan. But it was like we blew our best plays there and had nothing left.
It's not just the plays per se, it's the looks and things like that.

We killed them because we came out in looks that didn't say we were running or passing. You have that luxury when you're running game is so good.

But after that drive, we just insisted on going 5 wide, empty backfield. We've done it so much that the only logical conclusion you can come to is that they saw something on film that they thought they could take advantage of, but that has obviously been a poor decision.

Not only are we getting away from our strength, but it's clear that whatever we wanted to try isn't working because up until that last drive, our passing game was not having a ton of success. So at some point in that 2nd quarter, the light should've come on and someone on that staff should've decided to scrap that idea.....but they insisted and we kept paying for it.

We're up 11 now, so there's no reason to NOT get back to running. Dump the 5 wide crap and go back to what we do, and we win comfortably.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
2nd half should be devoted to reestablishing the the run. Smash mouth football. Wear their asses out and shorten the game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not just the plays per se, it's the looks and things like that.

We killed them because we came out in looks that didn't say we were running or passing. You have that luxury when you're running game is so good.

But after that drive, we just insisted on going 5 wide, empty backfield. We've done it so much that the only logical conclusion you can come to is that they saw something on film that they thought they could take advantage of, but that has obviously been a poor decision.

Not only are we getting away from our strength, but it's clear that whatever we wanted to try isn't working because up until that last drive, our passing game was not having a ton of success. So at some point in that 2nd quarter, the light should've come on and someone on that staff should've decided to scrap that idea.....but they insisted and we kept paying for it.

We're up 11 now, so there's no reason to NOT get back to running. Dump the 5 wide crap and go back to what we do, and we win comfortably.
We need to get back to some short easy passes. Seems like we have way too many third and longs. And obviously keep running it.

data

Forbes #1
Offense not providing much help to defense here and defense has been impressive.

Hopefully we can TOP this to only 4 more offensive Packers drives.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And it'll be 1-12 if we run the football in the 2nd half.

data

Forbes #1
I'd take five straight Fan Duel/Draft Kings commercials than another Skip/Shannon

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That 1 was against the Cowboys in 2013.

The game when we inexplicably abandoned the run despite Demarco Murray averaging something like 7 ypc. It was a Romo "kill, kill, kill" special.

I do not miss those days.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
4th rounder, and shit. :dunce

Cotton

Staff member
2nd half should be devoted to reestablishing the the run. Smash mouth football. Wear their asses out and shorten the game.
Remember when we were up on the Packers by like 21 at half and ran the ball like 8 times in the second half?

Yeah, me too.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We've made so many mistakes, and all they have to show for it is 6 points.

That last drive was one of the biggest in recent memory.

kidd

DCC 4Life
As much as it pains me, my position on starting QB has changed.

I love me some Romo but if he has to ride the pine for the betterment of the team, then so be it.

That being said, we should keep Dak on just as short of a leash as we would Romo if Dak- who has proven capable- is on the sidelines.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
:lol I just got in and looked at the score/stats and think that we are killing it. Dak and Elliot's stats look great and we are up by 11 at the half. I'm thinking positive and then I read this thread. I was happy, then thought we sucked and kept reading. I guess we are good again?

Cotton

Staff member
And it'll be 1-12 if we run the football in the 2nd half.
I agree, but I think you should claim hyperbole if you think we will get 7 wins by running in the second half. :unsure

Top Bottom