Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Redskins | Week 2 | 09-18-16

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
3 fumbles and INT...so Aaron Rodgers isn't clutch, amirite?
Aaron Rodgers looks like he's regressing. The week to week consistency hasn't been there for a couple of years now.

As an aside, I know it's an unpopular opinion but I think Andrew Luck is overrated. He makes too many bad decisions that puts his team in a bad position.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Aaron Rodgers looks like he's regressing. The week to week consistency hasn't been there for a couple of years now.

As an aside, I know it's an unpopular opinion but I think Andrew Luck is overrated. He makes too many bad decisions that puts his team in a bad position.
I'm kind of with you on Luck. The thing is that he is good enough to usually overcome it, though. Maybe it will get better for him.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hopefully the refs will learn a bit about Prescott after this game. There are certain QBs, like Rothliesberger, who get a little more leeway in regards to a QB being in the grasp. Dak does not go down easy, so let them play it out.

Carp

DCC 4Life

I am not ready to bury Rodgers...the Packers always seem to find a way to get back in it.

With Luck, I just don't think the Colts have done a very good job putting pieces around him.

Letting Fleener go and drafting a Hilton clone in Dorsett were both big mistakes. Not to mention the Richardson trade. Luck is forced to carry that team more than any QB in the NFL IMO.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Look at this completely inaccurate write up from Peter King’s MMQB posted on SI.com. I’m shocked that King would actually allow this garbage to go out. Completely inaccurate. Obviously whoever wrote it didn’t watch the game.

--------------------------------------------

GOAT OF THE WEEK

Kirk Cousins, quarterback, Washington. Dallas up 23-20, 10:43 to play, FedEx Field, Cousins with the ball deep at the Dallas six. He rolls left, throws into the end zone for Pierre Garcon … in the middle of three Cowboy defenders. Easy pick for safety Barry Church. Instead of making a great throw and putting Washington ahead by four, or throwing it away and letting a field goal tie the game, Cousins’ carelessness (his second red zone pick in two games this year) handed it to Dallas, and the Cowboys responded with a game-icing 80-yard touchdown drive.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Look at this completely inaccurate write up from Peter King’s MMQB posted on SI.com. I’m shocked that King would actually allow this garbage to go out. Completely inaccurate. Obviously whoever wrote it didn’t watch the game.

GOAT OF THE WEEK

Kirk Cousins, quarterback, Washington. Dallas up 23-20, 10:43 to play, FedEx Field, Cousins with the ball deep at the Dallas six. He rolls left, throws into the end zone for Pierre Garcon … in the middle of three Cowboy defenders. Easy pick for safety Barry Church. Instead of making a great throw and putting Washington ahead by four, or throwing it away and letting a field goal tie the game, Cousins’ carelessness (his second red zone pick in two games this year) handed it to Dallas, and the Cowboys responded with a game-icing 80-yard touchdown drive.
Yeah, I saw that. Pretty bad.

1bigfan13

Staff member
My favorite Gif/Tweet of the weekend.

:lol

YOU LIKE DAK!!! YOU LIKE DAK!!!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

GOAT OF THE WEEK

What was inaccurate, the score?

1bigfan13

Staff member
What was inaccurate, the score?
Yes the score was wrong but that was only part of it. Dallas wasn't up 23-20, they were down 23-20.

Initially I chalked it up as a minor error thinking the writer meant to say Washington was leading 23-20 but as I continued reading I noticed that the writer just didn't watch the game. If you notice he goes on to say the Redskins would have taken the lead or tied the game had Cousins not thrown the INT. Which was false because the Redskins were already leading and were looking to push the lead to either 10 or 6 points.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The thing that impresses me the most is that Prescott has consistently converted big time 3rd and longs in his first two games. He converted a 3rd and 15 against the Giants to keep the final drive alive last week and this week he converted a 3rd and 11 to keep the game-winning TD drive alive.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The thing that impresses me the most is that Prescott has consistently converted big time 3rd and longs in his first two games. He converted a 3rd and 15 against the Giants to keep the final drive alive last week and this week he converted a 3rd and 11 to keep the game-winning TD drive alive.
These performances were well above and beyond anything we have a right to expect. This kid is carrying us.

in spite of major flashes of incompetence, the defense managed to hang in there. Stuck in their own territory on back to back drives thanks to a weird and horribly executed onsides kick call and ensuing lost fumble they gave up 6 points total. Could have been much, much worse.

Situations like that build character.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I am waiting for some kind of implosion because he just keeps looking like a multi year vet.

After what the Giants did to NO his 1st game is looking even better.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Three things.

First thing, shocked our defense came up big the last 4 or 5 series. I'm not expecting it every week.

Second, we've escaped the injury bug the first two weeks. That is big. Besides Romo and the suspensions we've been fortunate.

Third, how the eff did we lose that game last week? Still pissed.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Three things.

First thing, shocked our defense came up big the last 4 or 5 series. I'm not expecting it every week.

Second, we've escaped the injury bug the first two weeks. That is big. Besides Romo and the suspensions we've been fortunate.

Third, how the eff did we lose that game last week? Still pissed.
:robowink

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yup.

Bad coaching and a lack of situational awareness lost that game. It's amazing how time goes on and he keeps seeing the same things and getting bit by the same mistakes, and yet Garrett is none the wiser the next time he's faced with the same scenario.

The worst part is, unless the go like 3-13, the guy will still be around for yet another year.

Barring an absolute collapse, he is going to be the coach here for a very long time so even if the team looks poised for a good season, those expectations should always be met with precaution because you always know it's a matter of when, not if, this coaching staff will lose us a game here and there.

I strongly believe coaching lost us that GB game, not a Dez catch/non-catch.

Last edited:

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Learning on the job. The Garrett Way.

Top Bottom