Holding Calls

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Saw this on another forum. Thought I'd post it because the officiating is pissing me off.

A few people in the game thread could not believe that the Cowboys have not had an offensive holding call in their favor for awhile. I went back and checked to make sure, and the last offensive holding call in the Cowboys favor was in the fourth quarter of the Arizona game with 11:11 minutes left.
So get this, the Cowboys have now played 4 straight games, or 16 consecutive quarters without the opposing team being called for offensive holding.

That is disgusting to say the least, and you can pick up your tinfoil hat at the door.​

DLK150

DCC 4Life
It was mentioned more than once in the gameday chatter including myself but yeah...The disparity in offensive holding calls was stunning, just fricking ridiculous. Either officiating sucks more than I thought it did or they have money on the opposing team or another team in the division.

I try not to be "that guy" but there have been some seriously sketchy/bullshit calls against Dallas. That's not really new. I can't remember who we were playing but I still remember one play where Greg "Pussycat" Ellis barely grazed a QB's helmet with one finger and was called for roughing. For some reason that always stuck with me after watching thousands upon thousands of plays.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
Was it the 2005 game at Washington where the Slurs were initially called for holding then the flag was picked up because the "player ran through the hold".

I was listening to the game on the way home from Richmond yesterday and it seemed like the officials were determined to take over

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Probably just a weird quirk, BUT...

we are kinda at odds with the league right now.

There's no question that teams have held us in that time and they missed it. And some of the ones against us were pretty phantom, like the Frederick one a few weeks ago at the goal line and the Tyron one yesterday.

Officials miss stuff for every team, but it does raise an eyebrow.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Going 4 games w/o a single hold call is absurd. Especially when you consider that the Cowboys are actually one of the better teams in the league at rushing the passer. I find it hard to believe that the Redskins patchwork OL played flawless football. Meanwhile our OL was being called for every ticky-tack foul in the book.

I think there is something to it. I hate being conspiracy theory guy but I don't think it's just a coincidence.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Was it the 2005 game at Washington where the Slurs were initially called for holding then the flag was picked up because the "player ran through the hold".

I was listening to the game on the way home from Richmond yesterday and it seemed like the officials were determined to take over
I remember that. Greg Ellis got the sack on the play and the refs picked up the flag because he was able to "run through the hold". :lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Going 4 games w/o a sing hold call is absurd. Especially when you consider that the Cowboys are actually one of the better teams in the league at rushing the passer. I find it hard to believe that the Redskins patchwork OL played flawless football. Meanwhile our OL was being called for every ticky-tack foul in the book.

I think there is something to it. I hate being conspiracy theory guy but I don't think it's just a coincidence.
It's not. There was a huge uptick in this stuff when Jones sued the league in 1995 too.

The refs know where their bread is buttered.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not. There was a huge uptick in this stuff when Jones sued the league in 1995 too.

The refs know where their bread is buttered.
It definitely makes you wonder if the Zeke appeal (And Jones supporting his side) combined with the Jerry putting a stop to the commish extension have anything to do with it.

I really have no other explanation. There was blatant stuff the Skins line got away with yesterday. Meanwhile Dallas couldn't go a drive without a holding call.

midswat

... soon
Whining about the refs?

Dbair? Is that you?

Top Bottom