Week 8 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys @ Redskins | 10-29-2017

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Speaking of the foolish personnel/front office decisions by the Browns......watch them squander all those draft picks that they had. Kind of like the Rams did with those Redskins picks.

People got excited because the Browns had a ton of draft picks over the next couple of years but they forgot that incompetent Browns coaches and management will be the ones selecting the players.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I know the Browns will get ripped for actually drafting him in the 2nd round but there were a lot of draft experts and scouts who were giving him high draft grades.

What the hell were they looking at?
He has some raw tools. I just don't get how they thought taking a project was a good idea for that team right now that needs an immediate solution.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know the Browns will get ripped for actually drafting him in the 2nd round but there were a lot of draft experts and scouts who were giving him high draft grades.

What the hell were they looking at?
Yeah I never saw or understood it. He sucked at Notre Dame and his accuracy has always been bad. I'm also not sure that he has very good field vision. He never seems to find the open guys.

Some teams just can't get out of their own way.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm actually looking forward to the Falcons-Jets game just for the potential meltdown of the Atlanta fan base.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm actually looking forward to the Falcons-Jets game just for the potential meltdown of the Atlanta fan base.
I am not pissing on their grave yet. They have not played in their division, nor have they lost a conference game. They can easily make the playoffs still.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yeah I never saw or understood it. He sucked at Notre Dame and his accuracy has always been bad. I'm also not sure that he has very good field vision. He never seems to find the open guys.

Some teams just can't get out of their own way.
They need to bring in Baker Mayfield. A spark plug like that would be the jolt that the organization needs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Speaking of the foolish personnel/front office decisions by the Browns......watch them squander all those draft picks that they had. Kind of like the Rams did with those Redskins picks.

People got excited because the Browns had a ton of draft picks over the next couple of years but they forgot that incompetent Browns coaches and management will be the ones selecting the players.
If they go 1-15 again, I don't see how they can bring the Moneyball people back.

And one thing about those stockpile picks trades, it is amazing how they almost never work out. There have been several cases where teams get oodles of picks and blow nearly all of them. The Colts and Rams have done that since the Cowboys and the Walker trade.

It is like having more picks means they go more for potential, which defeats the purpose of you are wrong.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'd also like to see the Bucs tee off on Cam Newton's front-running ass.

1bigfan13

Staff member
He would be another Manziel in that environment.
I think people are starting to come around on him as a potential 2nd/3rd round draft pick. About a year and a half ago people would laugh in your face if you said that. Now I'm seeing a lot more Russell Wilson comparisons.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think people are starting to come around on him as a potential 2nd/3rd round draft pick. About a year and a half ago people would laugh in your face if you said that. Now I'm seeing a lot more Russell Wilson comparisons.
I just think he has the kind of personality that will rub some stuffy NFL types the wrong way. He is way too savage to be everyone's cup of tea.

1bigfan13

Staff member
IMO, he's not good enough get away with some of the crap he does. Instead of continually kissing his ass someone close to him needs to sit him down and tell him he's not as good as he thinks. He can be replaced.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I just think he has the kind of personality that will rub some stuffy NFL types the wrong way. He is way too savage to be everyone's cup of tea.
I agree with you there. He has a WR/DBs personality.....always chirping at the opponent. But Philip Rivers does the exact same thing, so there's that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I agree with you there. He has a WR/DBs personality.....always chirping at the opponent. But Philip Rivers does the exact same thing, so there's that.
Some will view him as a "competitor", others will find him obnoxious.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
IMO, he's not good enough get away with some of the crap he does. Instead of continually kissing his ass someone close to him needs to sit him down and tell him he's not as good as he thinks. He can be replaced.
Not with the Panthers. They are married to him. That is what you get when you pay an immature player and make him the face of the franchise.

data

Forbes #1
I refuse to watch the 49ers/Eagles and try to have some semblence of hope that 49ers pull one out.

data

Forbes #1
Drinking spiced apple cider with a cinnamon stick in a downton abbey mug. pinky up.

judge me

Top Bottom