Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Redskins | Week 2 | 09-18-16

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Completed over 70% of his passes for nearly 10 YPA and ran for a TD. Doesn't get much better than that for a rookie on the road making a second career start. I think we'll be fine offensively even if Romo never plays another down for as. Now, if we could only bring in some talent on the defensive side of the ball...
Some speed on the D-line would be really nice. Right now our DE's just look so slow out there. We need Gregory, Lawrence and Tapper in the worst way. The Crawfords have their moments but they don't have the speed to run a QB down.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I wonder if maybe his legs aren't what they used to be. It's causing his timing to be off and causing him to not be able to change directions like he used to.
That angle he took on that 3rd down pass that set the Skins up at midfield was really bad.

He was in a good position to at least attempt a tackle, and he played it so poorly that he didn't even lay a finger on the guy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And oh yeah Dak is GOOOOOOOOOOOOD.:towel
Crazy how the pressure never seems to really get to him. Also reminds me a little of Big Ben in the way that it's really difficult to tackle the guy. Had guys draped all over him and refused to go down. I guess the whistle still got him but it was sort of bullshit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That angle he took on that 3rd down pass that set the Skins up at midfield was really bad.

He was in a good position to at least attempt a tackle, and he played it so poorly that he didn't even lay a finger on the guy.
Yeah he ended up diving at him from behind when he had the angle to start. Byron Jones sort of failed on that play as well.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Crazy how the pressure never seems to really get to him. Also reminds me a little of Big Ben in the way that it's really difficult to tackle the guy. Had guys draped all over him and refused to go down. I guess the whistle still got him but it was sort of bullshit.
At no time did he look like a rookie and he seems to always throw to the right guy.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I thought they blew the whistle too quickly in both instances.

If this crew had worked the first Giants/Pats SB, that David Tyree play never happens.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
2. Dak Prescott was solid under center, engineering three long touchdown drives of 94, 75 and 80 yards. Cowboys coaches helped protect the rookie with a bevy of play-action and roll-out calls. Prescott stood strong and calm in the pocket, and proved shifty enough to elude defenders and generate positive gains when plays broke down. The rookie signal-caller spread the ball around to seven receivers on his 292-yard passing day. Dak also added a touchdown dive. Prescott averaged 9.7 yards per pass, but Dallas offensive coaches continue not to stretch the field with the rook under center.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000704785/article/dak-prescott-outplays-kirk-cousins-in-dallas-win

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought they blew the whistle too quickly in both instances.

If this crew had worked the first Giants/Pats SB, that David Tyree play never happens.
I mean how can you call a QB's forward progress stopped when they are still moving around? Most of the time a QB has the ball he isn't moving forward. It's just odd to me to blow the whistle so quickly in that circumstance when clearly the QB is still fighting to get the ball off.

Dak has impressed me so much though. I don't want to jynx him by praising him too much but he is everything you could hope for from a rookie QB and more. He is playing better then any backup Dallas QB that I can ever remember. He might not be chucking it like Romo yet but you can already see his game progressing and developing and getting better. I know the rushing TD doesn't show up in his QB rating but it should? I mean who cares if he chucks it in or runs it in, that's clearly a big part of his game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
2. Dak Prescott was solid under center, engineering three long touchdown drives of 94, 75 and 80 yards. Cowboys coaches helped protect the rookie with a bevy of play-action and roll-out calls. Prescott stood strong and calm in the pocket, and proved shifty enough to elude defenders and generate positive gains when plays broke down. The rookie signal-caller spread the ball around to seven receivers on his 292-yard passing day. Dak also added a touchdown dive. Prescott averaged 9.7 yards per pass, but Dallas offensive coaches continue not to stretch the field with the rook under center.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000704785/article/dak-prescott-outplays-kirk-cousins-in-dallas-win
No need to go deep when Dez is abusing them repeatedly over the middle. Big surprise, we never run Dez over the middle last week and only chuck up deep balls for him and Dez has a terrible game. This week no deep bombs to Dez but we repeatedly throw balls to him over the middle and he has a great game.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I know I mentioned it earlier but why the hell are we keeping Escobar? We've gotten more out of Swaim that we've ever gotten out of him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know I mentioned it earlier but why the hell are we keeping Escobar? We've gotten more out of Swaim that we've ever gotten out of him.
On a positive note Swaim actually seems to be developing very nicely. I'd trade Escobar if we could get anything for him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't think Escobar is gonna cut it, but you can't judge a TE fairly here because we've never been able to use that 2nd TE during Garrett's tenure.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Seems like Hitchens plays the first half and then Durant plays the 2nd. We are just better with Durant out there, but maybe it is just to keep him fresh.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
No need to go deep when Dez is abusing them repeatedly over the middle. Big surprise, we never run Dez over the middle last week and only chuck up deep balls for him and Dez has a terrible game. This week no deep bombs to Dez but we repeatedly throw balls to him over the middle and he has a great game.
I just love that we actually got him involved and played more to his game. Shouldn't have taken so damn long to get him involved like that.

Dak though.. Holy hell. Beyond impressed with the kid.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I don't think Escobar is gonna cut it, but you can't judge a TE fairly here because we've never been able to use that 2nd TE during Garrett's tenure.
I don't disagree that we're not using the 2nd TE right but right now he offers us nothing that we haven't seen from Swaim.

Speaking of Swaim holy hell did he unload on Hall.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't disagree that we're not using the 2nd TE right but right now he offers us nothing that we haven't seen from Swaim.

Speaking of Swaim holy hell did he unload on Hall.
Great block, and I'm glad he did it to that scumbag.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I do like Swaim and he and Dak must have worked together a ton in the off-season. He really seemed to have no idea what to do on his big gain, just running awkwardly.

Reminded me of when I was a kid and my retarded cousin would get off his harness and just run for hours on the field behind my grandparents house. That retarded bastard never caught any birds out there, but it was not for lack of effort.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:towel

Without a 50+ yard play to skew it. Impressive as all hell.
Yeah he isn't getting lucky, he is just playing tremendous football. No turnovers either. Not a fumble or an INT which is equally impressive. Hell not even a dropped pick. Starting to look more and more like a Russel Wilson type hit on a QB. And honestly if we can take Romo's 30 mil and get ourselves a few stud free agents on defense, this team could be ready to do great things.

Top Bottom