User Tag List

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: DCC Convention

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I will put the list I have on the OP, and keep it updated there for you and others to reference.
    What days are the guys shooting for?

He said if he goes, he'll only be there for Thursday and Friday which are the same days I would be there for.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ace View Post

He said if he goes, he'll only be there for Thursday and Friday which are the same days I would be there for.
    I think Thursday and Friday are the two days most would want to be there, so I say we shoot for those two days and if anyone wants to stay longer than that, they can.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ace View Post

I think Thursday and Friday are the two days most would want to be there, so I say we shoot for those two days and if anyone wants to stay longer than that, they can.
    If you guys are gonna be there Thursday, that makes my chances better. I can fly in Wed, party all day Thursday at the Deathstar and leave Friday early afternoon after the big DCC Brisket Feed.

I originally was thinking meetup date was Friday night and stadium on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by pdom View Post
    If you guys are gonna be there Thursday, that makes my chances better. I can fly in Wed, party all day Thursday at the Deathstar and leave Friday early afternoon after the big DCC Brisket Feed.

I originally was thinking meetup date was Friday night and stadium on Saturday.
    I think we want to be there for the first round for sure.

I think we want to be there for the first round for sure.
    Yea, if the draft is the event of choice, then you might as well take in the full spectacle.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

I'm curious to know the price of these tix.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I'm curious to know the price of these tix.
    I found this on another msg board. Not sure of the accuracy of it.

I went last year in New York. First to get in the draft is free, but for the first round expect to stand in line for roughly 4 - 6 hours the day before to get the wristband to get in. Then they will give you a piece of paper saying don't line up until 5PM the next day but do listen to that start lining up earlier then that.. Now to actual cost.. My Mom and I split cost of the hotel for a gift for my Dad's birthday so him and I could go.

Hotel (Kind of a crappy one at that) $600 - Note that the draft is on Thursday but you have to be in the City Wednesday to stand in line to get your ticket. The price of the hotel rooms doubled and some even tripled the week of the draft.. So if you do plan on going try to book your room as soon as possible.

Parking in New York City - 50 bucks a DAY! Now I am not sure if Chicago is as bad with parking as New York but it was a cost that I didn't originally think of

Then you can figure out the Gas, Food and extras.

I will say that it did cost a good chunk of change, but It was a great experience. I had a great time in the city and I would love to do it again and we are actually talking about going again.

I've been doing some reading around, and getting into the main area of the draft is going to be tough, especially the first round.

I found this on another msg board. Not sure of the accuracy of it.

I went last year in New York. First to get in the draft is free, but for the first round expect to stand in line for roughly 4 - 6 hours the day before to get the wristband to get in. Then they will give you a piece of paper saying don't line up until 5PM the next day but do listen to that start lining up earlier then that.. Now to actual cost.. My Mom and I split cost of the hotel for a gift for my Dad's birthday so him and I could go.

Hotel (Kind of a crappy one at that) $600 - Note that the draft is on Thursday but you have to be in the City Wednesday to stand in line to get your ticket. The price of the hotel rooms doubled and some even tripled the week of the draft.. So if you do plan on going try to book your room as soon as possible.

Parking in New York City - 50 bucks a DAY! Now I am not sure if Chicago is as bad with parking as New York but it was a cost that I didn't originally think of

Then you can figure out the Gas, Food and extras.

I will say that it did cost a good chunk of change, but It was a great experience. I had a great time in the city and I would love to do it again and we are actually talking about going again.
    Well sounds like we'll need to take a cooler full of beer, fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Well sounds like we'll need to take a cooler full of beer, fellas.
    May need to take a couple of them.