Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Redskins | Week 2 | 09-18-16

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Agreed. I'd still love for Romo to stay with this organization after his days are over. I think he could be a darn good QB coach and certainly an upgrade over Wade.
Keep dreaming. Positional coaching is long hours and not a lot of pay comparative to what Romo has earned. He'll go into broadcasting.

If we can win the next couple of games we have DE reinforcements coming.
We have warmed over shit for linebackers, Lee isn't even as good. Even when our "rushers" come back it will still be an average line. Safety and corner play is average...next year every pick should be on defense. If there was any pick on offense it should be Free's replacement.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Keep dreaming. Positional coaching is long hours and not a lot of pay comparative to what Romo has earned. He'll go into broadcasting.
I agree.

The Pimp is not going to go into coaching.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We have warmed over shit for linebackers, Lee isn't even as good. Even when our "rushers" come back it will still be an average line. Safety and corner play is average...next year every pick should be on defense. If there was any pick on offense it should be Free's replacement.
Lee looked awful at times today.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Bradford's getting into a rhythm. About to out-duel A-Rod.

I'll say this, I was wrong about Dak(up to this point). He looks totally different than what I imagined when they drafted him. I know our front office and coaching sucks balls, but like 2014 maybe he could be what takes us over the top in spite of them. I can only hope..

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Bridgewater's not getting his job back.

Perfect pass by Bradford.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have to give Bradford credit.

That was a quality throw.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
McClain has been great frankly. Lawrence will be very good. I agree that anything Gregory gives us this year is a bonus because I have no idea what is going on with his suspension. But he will likely play at some point this year. Our LBers aren't shit, they just aren't good. I'd put them as "average" today. They had their moments (A couple great plays in pass coverage and a key stop in the run game) but they also had moments that were ugly.

The secondary is interesting. So far this year Claiborne looks like the best defender in the secondary. Followed up by Byron Jones probably. Church has been surprisingly ok. I'll take the average Dallas defense giving up 20-23 points a week when the talent will get even better in 2 games. I'll take that over a bunch of NFL teams and defenses giving up 30+ points.

Top Bottom