User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor party planning

Bachelor party planning

best friend is getting married and Iím the best man. Iíve never been a best man before and looking for guidance on how to plan the big party before sending him off.

He lives in Dallas, TX.

should I include the groom in all the planning?
    Who else besides the groomsman should be invited?
    Stripclubs or hire a stripper?
    How do I hire a stripper if I go that route?
    How soon before the wedding should the night be planned?

Any other suggestions would be awesome.

I've been a groomsman a number of times, but only a best man once (thankfully).

should I include the groom in all the planning?
    Yeah. I mean, guys don't take this shit as serious as bridesmaids do. It's not going to matter much. Besides, a lot of couples nowadays come up with ground rules for their parties. It's not always a the wreckless free for all they appear in most comedies.

Who else besides the groomsman should be invited?
    This is normally pretty cut and dry. It's usually the groomsman and maybe a couple others. I guess it depends. Something you want to discuss with the guy getting married. For most of the weddings I was involved with, it was everyone from our circle of friends. So it was always basically the same group.

Stripclubs or hire a stripper?
    Stripclubs are probably the safest and most fun. Just because there's more women, you're in a bar, and a lot of clubs if you tell them it's a bachelors party they might do shit to the guy.

How do I hire a stripper if I go that route?
    I'm showing my age here, but there used to be listings for stripper booking companies in the yellow pages. Definitely don't do anything off of craigslist or backpage.

How soon before the wedding should the night be planned?
    That'll probably be up to the bride and groom. They usually try and do it on the same night.

3. The following user likes this post:

Every great bachelor party in the history of the world has had midgets involved somehow.

Get creative.

Always look on the roof the next morning.
    #Fire Garrett

Talk first to groom to setup framework for what he wants. Depending on him, he may want a small group with an out of state trip camping, some special event/concert, skydiving, white water rafting, etc.

If a large group, keep it simple at one location (food & entertainment) or else logistics/planning will get overwhelming

7. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    Every great bachelor party in the history of the world has had midgets involved somehow.

Get creative.
    Underground Asian massage parlors. You always lose someone

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post

Get creative.
    It's good to see you, Sheik. I give you permission to change your avatar now.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Not meaning to hijack this poor guys thread, but it’s good to see things haven’t changed much on these boards.

I hope everyone had great Xmas/holiday season/New Years.

11. The following user likes this post:

Talk to the groom, get an idea of what he wants, go from there.

Does he want to turn up or chill? Does he want a huge group of 10+ or keep it to 4-5? Maybe he doesn't want strippers/strip club at all, you should check on that and what sorts of activities he wants to do.

I've been on quite a few bachelor parties and my best advice is to not try to pack too much shit in either way. Assuming this is a 2-3 day event you don't want to have a regimented schedule that makes people feel like they have deadlines to meet, you want to have down time where you can chill and reflect on the craziness of the previous night/day (if you're partying hard).

I've never done a bachelor party in the home city of one of my friends, it's always been out of town so that could change things, but generally speaking I think there should only be 1 big "planned event" type of thing. Like I was in New Orleans and our big event was an LSU night game, the rest of the time we were just chilling/eating/drinking/going out.

I went to Vegas for one and the whole trip was planned which basically didn't allow any time to breath and have a good time organically. Don't jam pack the weekend with a bunch of shit, you guys will figure most of it out.

And lastly, NO EARLY MORNING BOAT SHIT AFTER PARTYING THE NIGHT BEFORE.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post

And lastly, NO EARLY MORNING BOAT SHIT AFTER PARTYING THE NIGHT BEFORE.
    Pussy...
    @Rev supporter