When Romo is completely healthy, who do you play?

When Romo is completely healthy, who do you play?

• Dak

Votes: 36 90.0%
  • Tony

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I haven't voted, I'm on mobile and the poll doesn't show up. So it wasn't me who voted for Romo.

But I'd vote for Romo.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I haven't voted, I'm on mobile and the poll doesn't show up. So it wasn't me who voted for Romo.

But I'd vote for Romo.
Even after all this?

Why would you even risk messing up this great run and chemistry this team has right now?

5 game winning streaks don't grow on trees, especially in Dallas since Jerry Jones went haywire.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Even after all this?

Why would you even risk messing up this great run and chemistry this team has right now?

5 game winning streaks don't grow on trees, especially in Dallas since Jerry Jones went haywire.
Because after seeing basically the same type of run in 2014, I think there's zero risk of messing this up.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Because after seeing basically the same type of run in 2014, I think there's zero risk of messing this up.
How can there be zero risk if there's no guarantee that Romo is the same guy physically that we saw in 2014?

Also, this isn't the same team man-for-man that it was in 2014. There are new faces and young guys that have no history with Romo and they may not like Dak being pulled when he's playing so well.

There is definitely some risk to inserting him back in just cause and it's a risk that almost everyone, including former Cowboys, do not believe the team should take.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
I haven't seen one former player say they would play Romo. Everyone from Favre to Aikman to Staubach. Just heard Greg Jennings on the radio chime in that he'd stick with Dak.

Athletes are very superstitious beings. I don't think anyone wants to mess with something that's working this well.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, that's me, all right. Just a dickhead out to ban people for disagreeing with me.
No one ever gets banned here anymore, but yeah, you are pretty much being a chest thumping, browbeating, name calling jerk on this subject.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
How can there be zero risk if there's no guarantee that Romo is the same guy physically that we saw in 2014?

Also, this isn't the same team man-for-man that it was in 2014. There are new faces and young guys that have no history with Romo and they may not like Dak being pulled when he's playing so well.

There is definitely some risk to inserting him back in just cause and it's a risk that almost everyone, including former Cowboys, do not believe the team should take.
I don't buy that there's anyone who is gonna "not like" Romo.

And I still think that if Romo is 2014 Romo he is better than Dak is playing right now frankly. I know that's blasphemy to some here but I still think it's the case. Now, do we know if Romo is 2014 Romo? No we don't but yes I am willing to risk it because I do think that type of QB could be the difference in winning in the playoffs versus not. I also think the experience is important.

People als say "what if Romo gets hurt again?" What if he does? Then we are right back here with Dak. Aikman said you risk disrupting the momentum but if Dak is for real, he will be a quality QB after sitting for a month too. It might take him 2 weeks to get back up to speed but it will all be there again. If he can't recapture his performance then he's not the long term QB anyway. Which is to say... I think he can be the long term QB... so I really don't think we are risking anything by taking Dak out to see if Romo is still 2014 Romo other than those games Romo starts. And if he's not, we haven't lost anything but maybe 2-3 starts. I'm ok with that risk to see if we still have 2014 Romo.

I also remain uncomfortable with allowing Romo to lose his job to injury after all he's given us as a franchise. For those reasons he still has my vote. For some posters this means you don't like Dak but of course this couldn't be further from the truth.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Romo isn't losing his job because he got injured. He's losing his job because Dak is playing better than him
Exactly he might NOT be better, but right now he's PLAYING better.
However part of me would like to see what Romo can do with this cast.

jig290

Brand New Member
Dak stays the starter.
You stay with the hot hand. I appreciate all that romo has done but Dak gives us too many options on offense, and I think the coaching staff has to think now and not hope romo bails them out.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No one ever gets banned here anymore, but yeah, you are pretty much being a chest thumping, browbeating, name calling jerk on this subject.
:lol

Who have I called any names? Good lord.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
People als say "what if Romo gets hurt again?" What if he does? Then we are right back here with Dak. Aikman said you risk disrupting the momentum but if Dak is for real, he will be a quality QB after sitting for a month too. It might take him 2 weeks to get back up to speed but it will all be there again. If he can't recapture his performance then he's not the long term QB anyway. Which is to say... I think he can be the long term QB... so I really don't think we are risking anything by taking Dak out to see if Romo is still 2014 Romo other than those games Romo starts. And if he's not, we haven't lost anything but maybe 2-3 starts. I'm ok with that risk to see if we still have 2014 Romo.
You're so damn stubborn with your opinion. This team could be 15-1 and you'd still be screaming to put Romo in. It looks ridiculous at this point. You'd literally sacrifice losing 2-3 games to see what we have in Romo still. And for what? So that Romo can go 5-1 potentially as a starter?

We bring up 2014 which we also went 5-1 but that 5-1 was far less impressive. Over that stretch we got blown out by the 49ers. Took overtime to beat the Texans and had to have a miracle comeback to beat the Rams.

Not trying to be mean but sometimes it's best to just say you're wrong and move on.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You're so damn stubborn with your opinion. This team could be 15-1 and you'd still be screaming to put Romo in. It looks ridiculous at this point. You'd literally sacrifice losing 2-3 games to see what we have in Romo still. And for what? So that Romo can go 5-1 potentially as a starter?

We bring up 2014 which we also went 5-1 but that 5-1 was far less impressive. Over that stretch we got blown out by the 49ers. Took overtime to beat the Texans and had to have a miracle comeback to beat the Rams.

Not trying to be mean but sometimes it's best to just say you're wrong and move on.
I will agree that Schmidtty has a different opinion but there isn't a place we can go to say anyone is wrong on this topic just disagreeable.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will agree that Schmidtty has a different opinion but there isn't a place we can go to say anyone is wrong on this topic just disagreeable.
Sure I can, he has said that it doesn't matter what Dak does he would play Romo. That is a patently wrong position.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Sure I can, he has said that it doesn't matter what Dak does he would play Romo. That is a patently wrong position.
He is saying what he would do and it disagrees with some but there is no actual way to resolve this contraversery short of Jones putting Romo back in the lineup and that isn't going to happen now because he is already backtracking from a week ago.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Where is everyone getting this incorrect idea that Romo can't do better than Prescott? Does going 6-4 down the stretch but winning two playoff games count as doing better or worse? We are comparing apples and oranges because Romo isn't gonna play the same 6 games Prescott has.

I am of the opinion that I'd still rather a ten year starter who was 2nd in the MVP race last time he played a full season be my QB for the home stretch and playoffs for a team that looks like it can make noise.

If you think that is not a valid opinion, even if you personally disagree, then it is time you re-assess your own assumptions about the facts of this situation, cause you are the one being ridiculous.

Top Bottom