Davison: Cowboys pass rush remains work in progress but shows potential

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We had less than two sacks a game last year. I don't think there's any doubt that our pass rush has downgraded now that Hardy's gone. Also, don't forget that one of our two sacks last week came from Scandrick. He probably won't be good for many more.
I saw nothing to indicate our pass rush is worse then last year. We had 31 last year, I expect similar this year.

townsend

Banned
I saw nothing to indicate our pass rush is worse then last year. We had 31 last year, I expect similar this year.
Like I mentioned. We were against a pretty crappy offensive line last week. Even still our front seven only generated one sack. We're not gonna get more than a few more sacks off of corner blitzes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Like I mentioned. We were against a pretty crappy offensive line last week. Even still our front seven only generated one sack. We're not gonna get more than a few more sacks off of corner blitzes.
Eh, we love Scandrick for that blitz. In two games last year we had a total of 3 sacks against the Giants. Considering we got two in the first game. It's looking awfully similar to me. The Giants O-line was shit last year.

townsend

Banned
Eh, we love Scandrick for that blitz. In two games last year we had a total of 3 sacks against the Giants. Considering we got two in the first game. It's looking awfully similar to me. The Giants O-line was shit last year.
But the first Giants game of 2015 we didn't have Hardy, and the second we did (and he generated on of our two sacks that game). Our defensive line is about as shitty as it was last year without Hardy. During those first 4 games, we had 5 sacks. So we were on pace for 20.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But the first Giants game of 2015 we didn't have Hardy, and the second we did (and he generated on of our two sacks that game). Our defensive line is about as shitty as it was last year without Hardy. During those first 4 games, we had 5 sacks. So we were on pace for 20.
Sure and the first Giants game we had no Lawrence. And Mayowa got one of the sacks who happens to be a new addition like Hardy.

townsend

Banned
Sure and the first Giants game we had no Lawrence. And Mayowa got one of the sacks who happens to be a new addition like Hardy.
If Mayowa can generate 6 sacks and Lawrence can make up for lost time and get 8 again then 30ish is in the cards. But I think that's an outside bet.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Mayowa can generate 6 sacks and Lawrence can make up for lost time and get 8 again then 30ish is in the cards. But I think that's an outside bet.
I actually think 6 for Mayowa is exactly what I would project. He actually looks pretty good as a pass rusher at times. But he certainly isn't a run defender which is why he won't be getting a ton of snaps.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Two average to below average teams played to 20-19.

Giants offense failed to make the few plays it would have taken to exhaust our defense.

Despite giving up a turnover, they were never out of it and were able to keep running.

Dallas' offensive ineptitude was the story. All we can do is dink and dunk and in the second half couldn't even do that.

Now everyone has game film on how to limit the offense, so they must succeed at some deep shots or we are looking at a blowout loss.

Top Bottom