Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
WGAS.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You. You give a shit. I know you do. Deep down underneath that gruff DFDC exterior, this makes you :towel.
No, I really don't give a shit about our all-time record against the Redskins. I know we have beaten them more than they have beaten us, but that's it.

But I am not going to look at our all-time record versus a team, say the Dolphins and want to "avenge" our W/L record.

Back when we were kids and good franchises were dynasties, it mattered.

Now, it is meaningless shit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys QB Dak Prescott on what to expect from him this week and on Dez Bryant's role in offense

By David Moore , Staff Writer Contact David Moore on Twitter: @DavidMooreDMN

Dak Prescott spoke about his performance in the opener, what he can carry forward into this weekend's game against Washington and Dez Bryant's involvement in the offense.

"There is a lot of room for improvement,'' the rookie quarterback said. "I mean, it was my first game. There are a lot of areas I can get better in but I felt I was prepared and I was comfortable with every situation.

"I think I did things enough to win but sometimes you have to do more than that. Maybe do that next time.''

Prescott was 25-of-45 for 227 yards with no touchdown passes and no interceptions in the loss to the New York Giants. Only five of those passes were thrown in Bryant's direction.

He caught one for eight yards. Bryant had an apparent touchdown reception overturned because he was unable to secure the ball before he landed.

A theme this week has been that the Cowboys need to get Bryant more involved in the offense.

"That's our guy,'' Prescott said. "He needs catches, he needs balls. He had some balls thrown at him. He wants to bring them down and he'd say it himself he wants to bring that touchdown, make that play.

"I think if he has that, regardless of two catches or not, if he has a touchdown I don't know if we're still talking about this.

"I'm going to continue to run our offense. If Dez is the read, Dez is the read."

What sort of step should Prescott be expected to make from his first to second game?

"A pretty big step,'' the fourth round pick said. "I felt I was prepared the first game but you're never prepared enough.

"Do the same thing I did last week preparation wise to get ready for the Redskins and be in control of everything.''

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No, I really don't give a shit about our all-time record against the Redskins. I know we have beaten them more than they have beaten us, but that's it.

But I am not going to look at our all-time record versus a team, say the Dolphins and want to "avenge" our W/L record.

Back when we were kids and good franchises were dynasties, it mattered.

Now, it is meaningless shit.
You are heartless.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Forlorn?

Where the hell did that come from.:lol

Did you not specifically called me out in a thread I had nothing to do with?

And what do I deserve exactly?
.......Oh

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Dak Prescott hopes to hear crickets Sunday at Washington
10:39 PM CT
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas – There is no more difficult place to play college football than in Baton Rouge on a Saturday night. The ground has actually shook.

On Sept. 20, 2014, Dak Prescott went into LSU’s Tiger Stadium and its 102,321 fans and put on a show. He completed 15 of 24 passes for 268 yards and two touchdowns. He ran 22 times for 105 yards and a touchdown in a Mississippi State win. Prescott had not been born the last time the Bulldogs won in Baton Rouge.

The environment Prescott walks into Sunday for his second start as the Dallas Cowboys’ starting quarterback will not be as hostile. Still, while FedEx Field has been downsized in recent years, there were more than 79,000 fans in attendance when the Washington Redskins opened their season against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday.

“Every road game in the SEC was loud,” Prescott said. “I’m excited for it, though. I love road games. It’s kinda you-versus-the-world-type thing in there. I’m excited for it. I’m excited to head up to the capital and see what the Redskins fans have for us and come out with a win for us.”

This will be Prescott’s first road regular-season start, a challenge for any quarterback.

“Our quarterback has played on the road at different times in his career,” coach Jason Garrett said. “He played in the Southeast[ern] Conference, and there’s some tough environments down there as well. The challenges of communicating apply to every team, apply to all facets of your team.”

And Prescott already has played in the NFL’s loudest venue, albeit in the preseason. He was forced into the role he has now after Tony Romo suffered a compression fracture in his back on Aug. 25 against the Seattle Seahawks.

“The fact that we’ve practiced silent counts before and being [in a] hostile environment, Seattle is one of the louder places,” center Travis Frederick said. “Of course, that’s the preseason. It’s not quite where it was in the regular season, but …”

Prescott is more concerned with the Washington defense than the noise. After the Redskins were torn up on Monday night -- Steelers receiver Antonio Brown caught eight passes for 126 yards and two touchdowns, and DeAngelo Williams ran for 143 yards and two scores -- Prescott expects things to be different Sunday.

“Whatever they may do, we’ll be prepared for it,” Prescott said. “I think they’ll be ready, they’ll be prepared.”

Prescott completed 25 of 45 passes for 227 yards in the season-opening loss to the New York Giants. He wasn’t sacked, and he wasn’t intercepted, but he did not throw a touchdown pass and the Cowboys scored only one touchdown.

“I felt I was prepared the first game, but you’re never prepared enough,” Prescott said. “Do the same thing I did last week preparation-wise to get ready for the Redskins and be in control of everything.”

If he can be in control, this might turn into a Cowboys home game, much the way last week it turned into a Heinz Field imitation because of the thousands of Pittsburgh fans waving Terrible Towels.

Early or late Sunday, the game will be on the line and FedEx Field will be loud. It might not be as loud as Death Valley, but Prescott’s lasting memory wasn’t so much the noise as it was the silence. He hopes to experience that Sunday.

“I remember a third down where I couldn’t hear myself,” Prescott said. “I don’t know if anybody else heard [me] and we got the play off and got the first down. It goes from can’t hearing yourself to hearing crickets. That’s the fun part of it.”

Cotton

Staff member
On whether he thinks Tapper suits up on Sunday...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
That's the reason he was pulled on Sunday. He ain't playing.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He did come back later in the game though so who knows.
Yeah, but Brown was playing a lot.

Too disinterested to go back and check. But he's hurt.

Or at least playing the Miles Austin "hamstring" card to allow him to capitalize on a bloated contract.

He has entered that realm where his contract has been mortgaged.

That is a great place to be as a Cowboys player.

Unless you are Romo or Witten, you can feel free to sit on your ass and do nothing if you want to.

Having that kind of financial hand is pretty good for a player to have.

If you want to sit it out, okay. Won't get cut even if you really decide to be a lazy shit.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah, but Brown was playing a lot.

Too disinterested to go back and check. But he's hurt.

Or at least playing the Miles Austin "hamstring" card to allow him to capitalize on a bloated contract.

He has entered that realm where his contract has been mortgaged.

That is a great place to be as a Cowboys player.

Unless you are Romo or Witten, you can feel free to sit on your ass and do nothing if you want to.

Having that kind of financial hand is pretty good for a player to have.

If you want to sit it out, okay. Won't get cut even if you really decide to be a lazy shit.
Or his hamstring is actually hurt.:shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom