MLB Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just messin' with you. It really does suck for you guys.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Especially since they're "more talented" than the Rangers. :jerk
I don't think they are more talented, but they are as talented. If you take out the Houston/Texas series from both teams records, Houston has a 1/2 game lead. We aren't that far apart. We just have their number this year for whatever reason.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't think they are more talented, but they are as talented. If you take out the Houston/Texas series from both teams records, Houston has a 1/2 game lead. We aren't that far apart. We just have their number this year for whatever reason.
That was in response to Giles remark early in the season stating something along the lines that the Astros are way more talented and shouldn't be losing to Texas. I think he said that after the first game of the season series.

Cotton

Staff member
That was in response to Giles remark early in the season stating something along the lines that the Astros are way more talented and shouldn't be losing to Texas. I think he said that after the first game of the season series.
Yeah, I remember. And, I don't think he is right. But, I also don't think he is far off, either.

Rev

Staff member
Yeah, I remember. And, I don't think he is right. But, I also don't think he is far off, either.
The Astros get to take all the grief they get, though. You don't come out and say that after going through the same result last year. Just keep your mouth shout and revel in winning the off-season predictions.

Cotton

Staff member
The Astros get to take all the grief they get, though. You don't come out and say that after going through the same result last year. Just keep your mouth shout and revel in winning the off-season predictions.
Oh, I agree.

Cotton

Staff member
Speaking of, there's this guy. I think he was a bit frustrated. :lol

**NSFW Language**

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

Oh, Houston fan.

Losing to Dallas just makes their blood boil.

Rev

Staff member
Speaking of, there's this guy. I think he was a bit frustrated. :lol

**NSFW Language**

There is a person that Evan Grant has to put up with on Twitter with the name AstrosRant. This is exactly the way he acts on Twitter and I was waiting for some back and forth between the two last night. It never happened and it makes me wonder... That would be hilarious and I think I will pass that along.

Cotton

Staff member
There is a person that Evan Grant has to put up with on Twitter with the name AstrosRant. This is exactly the way he acts on Twitter and I was waiting for some back and forth between the two last night. It never happened and it makes me wonder... That would be hilarious and I think I will pass that along.
I think you should, and you should also post it here if Grant replies.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I just see this as a step back season. Tough to endure, but I will take being laughed at for having shit luck against a good rival over being laughed at for being the absolute dregs of the major leagues.

Which, as an aside, was only for a few years during a fast rebuild, despite the popular conception of Houston as a perennially awful club.

This is easy to handle by comparison, so feh.

I'll get laughed at for this, but I think the Astros spend some money on veteran guys, and they become what the Cubs are right now, which is a contender with a young core and more on the way. Yeah, it's always "next year" with me, but whaddya want?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I thought you were a BroSox fan.
I am, but I've always made my stance very clear on how I like the Rangers for being my hometown team and how much I enjoy Dallas teams sticking it to Houston teams because their retarded fans lose their minds.....as clearly evidenced in that vid.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I am, but I've always made my stance very clear on how I like the Rangers for being my hometown team and how much I enjoy Dallas teams sticking it to Houston teams because their retarded fans lose their minds.....as clearly evidenced in that vid.
Yeah, I actually see very few incidents like that out of Astros fans. Houstonians are guilty of caring a little too much about what DFW teams are up to, but I have always been told that Dallas fan is too busy reveling in a championship legacy to care about what Houston fan thinks. Good to know you care though.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I just see this as a step back season. Tough to endure, but I will take being laughed at for having shit luck against a good rival over being laughed at for being the absolute dregs of the major leagues.

Which, as an aside, was only for a few years during a fast rebuild, despite the popular conception of Houston as a perennially awful club.

This is easy to handle by comparison, so feh.

I'll get laughed at for this, but I think the Astros spend some money on veteran guys, and they become what the Cubs are right now, which is a contender with a young core and more on the way. Yeah, it's always "next year" with me, but whaddya want?
I don't know about the Cubs but I think they will be true contenders with a couple additions in the offseason.

Injuries more than anything have wrecked this season but it looks like Gurriell and Bregman will be great additions without losing anything from the farm.

Devenski also looks like the real deal.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
They have some impressive young talent, that is for sure. I don't see pitching, especially the starting pitching, being nearly good enough for that type of ascent right now. That is where they would have to put a lot of their resources (both free agent dollars and trade assets) in order to do what the Cubs have done. Can McCullers stay healthy? Hasn't been able to so far.

They also do not have anywhere near the kind of offensive depth as the Cubs either though. I was at Minute Maid for last Friday and Saturday's games and that lineup looked less than impressive with Correa out. Springer is a nice player, Correa is going to be a star, Altuve already is a star, and Bregman has star potential. That is a nice base, but what else is in the pipeline? Maybe AJ Reed I guess. He has not looked good so far but is a rookie. Could be a real asset down the road.

Unfortunately for the Astros, the Rangers have as much young talent/potential. Going to be interesting to see how things unfold in that division of the next few years.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah, I actually see very few incidents like that out of Astros fans. Houstonians are guilty of caring a little too much about what DFW teams are up to, but I have always been told that Dallas fan is too busy reveling in a championship legacy to care about what Houston fan thinks. Good to know you care though.
Astros fans have never been known to be over the top.

But this is Ace and it's Houston so any and everything.

Cotton

Staff member
Unfortunately for the Astros, the Rangers have as much young talent/potential. Going to be interesting to see how things unfold in that division of the next few years.
It's going to be a fun ride, that's for sure.

Top Bottom