User Tag List

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556

Thread: 2018 Random NFL Stuff thread . . .

I dont care if you win 12 games every year if you constantly get outcoached in the playoffs. Same mistakes over and over. You shouldnt need all star talent at as many positions to win. You shouldnt require the injury excuse to bail you out when other teams (Pittsburgh 3rd string QB playing and still winning in 2015) can still excel. Not to mention players winning when they leave. Sometime the timer has to run out.

Ive come to the realization that its going to be after he has his bad season next year and his contract is up. I Will jist have to endure the same as I have with Jerry.
    #Fire Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Hue Jackson punished Antonio Calloway for his marijuana citation by making him play the entire preseason game the other night.

I don't want to hear about Garrett being soft anymore.
    I hope Hue Jackson isn't the barometer of excellent coaching.

3. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    I dont care if you win 12 games every year if you constantly get outcoached in the playoffs. Same mistakes over and over. You shouldnt need all star talent at as many positions to win. You shouldnt require the injury excuse to bail you out when other teams (Pittsburgh 3rd string QB playing and still winning in 2015) can still excel. Not to mention players winning when they leave. Sometime the timer has to run out.

Ive come to the realization that its going to be after he has his bad season next year and his contract is up. I Will jist have to endure the same as I have with Jerry.
    Great, but none of that has anything to do with what I originally said ("I don't want to hear about Garrett being soft anymore,") nor the ensuing debate (Fisher has a better resume/Garrett wins between 7-9 games every year).

As I said before, people see a Garrett argument and they just jump on the bandwagon cause they don't like him and they want numbers on the "whatever is the anti-Garrett" side of the argument.

Glad you put on the record that you hate him again, though. He's not good enough in your eyes, got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    You make some good points here.

We've hit on a bit of a winning formula since 2014. Although it did coincide with the hiring of Linehan and the advent of Garrett as a walk around coach. I think we have enough evidence to deduce that game planning, play calling and game management aren't strengths for Garrett.

It isn't the end of the world, though, and in fact I think having a walk around head coach is much more preferable (Jimmy, Landry and Parcells as examples).

I think the talent level increased since 2014 also, and that can't be discounted. But at the same time, I don't think winning should require superior talent all the time, and that seems to be the case with Garrett. To wit, we could barely win a game without Romo in 2015. We could have won *some* games; Cassell has won games before, and Weeden won that very year with Houston.

Romo probably had a lot more to do with us winning as anything. And we should have won more with a QB as good as Romo, especially in the playoffs. Hell, Wade mustered a couple double digit win seasons also, and few would mistake him for a good HC.

This is Garrett's 8th full season. That's a long time for just two playoff seasons and 1 playoff win. He *should* be out of chances. We'll see what happens, but I'm honestly not optimistic about this season.
    He would have been out of chances a long time ago if he hadn't had some well-timed 12-4 and 13-3 seasons, but it's really hard to fire a guy after that kind of year, and then it's also hard to fire him when YOU LOSE YOUR STARTING QB for the whole year.

That being said I think a backslide season without some sort of pretty significant valid excuse (like Prescott going down for the year in week 2), will end up costing him his job.

On the other hand, if we go 10-6, he's probably not getting fired.

Do we really have "superior talent"? I mean, for one, you and I would both agree that Prescott has a lot of room to grow. The WRs suck. The defense, before this year, has been atrociously average or worse.

Our talent probably falls mostly in line with the other teams that are averaging 9-10 wins a year over the past 4 years.

The two losses in the divisional round to Aaron Rodgers sting and he has to get over that hump at some point.

Great, but none of that has anything to do with what I originally said ("I don't want to hear about Garrett being soft anymore,") nor the ensuing debate (Fisher has a better resume/Garrett wins between 7-9 games every year).

As I said before, people see a Garrett argument and they just jump on the bandwagon cause they don't like him and they want numbers on the "whatever is the anti-Garrett" side of the argument.

Glad you put on the record that you hate him again, though. He's not good enough in your eyes, got it.
    As long as you are then I think we all can.
    #Fire Garrett

At this point, Garrett's bigger issue is not winning in the playoffs.... not "missing the playoffs."
    Hasn't he missed the playoffs five out of seven years?
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

He would have been out of chances a long time ago if he hadn't had some well-timed 12-4 and 13-3 seasons, but it's really hard to fire a guy after that kind of year, and then it's also hard to fire him when YOU LOSE YOUR STARTING QB for the whole year.

That being said I think a backslide season without some sort of pretty significant valid excuse (like Prescott going down for the year in week 2), will end up costing him his job.

On the other hand, if we go 10-6, he's probably not getting fired.

Do we really have "superior talent"? I mean, for one, you and I would both agree that Prescott has a lot of room to grow. The WRs suck. The defense, before this year, has been atrociously average or worse.

Our talent probably falls mostly in line with the other teams that are averaging 9-10 wins a year over the past 4 years.

The two losses in the divisional round to Aaron Rodgers sting and he has to get over that hump at some point.
    I'm not convinced we have superior talent this year generally; I was referring to the 2014 & 2016 seasons really. We do have superior talent in a few places even this year though. Particularly at RB, LB, and O-line.

I agree with you, in that I don't think Garrett is out of chances this season unless he wins less than 8 or 9 games. But unless we make a deep playoff run he should be.

Rodgers didn't make the super bowl either of those years so he's great of course but he's certainly beatable.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Dodged a bullet there.
    #Fire Garrett

I would have hated the trade up for Lynch. Never understood the love for that guy.