Must See Movies

dallen

Senior Tech
I haven't seen it and probably won't see it until it comes out on Redbox or whatever. I know you are a hard core Trekkie, so I am sure that makes you dig it more.

I just know I am not a fan at all of what Abrams did to the franchise. And seeing a movie with what appears to be the plot scope of STTOS episode doesn't appeal to me.
I actually agree with you about Abrams. This is the only one of the new three I actually like. The first one was ok. I don't want to speak of Into Darkness.

D

Deuce

I actually agree with you about Abrams. This is the only one of the new three I actually like. The first one was ok. I don't want to speak of Into Darkness.
I'm the opposite. I actually liked the first reboot and then it's just been a steady downhill for me since. I liked Into Darkness better than Beyond.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Roddenberry is spinning in his grave.
I was just trying to set aside its shortcomings and appreciate what was good about it. There is plenty of material in the Star Trek canon to make him spin in his grave.

Last edited:

dallen

Senior Tech
The entire theme of the movie is the superiority of collectivism over isolationism. I feel like Roddenberry would approve.

D

Deuce

The entire theme of the movie is the superiority of collectivism over isolationism. I feel like Roddenberry would approve.
Of course he would approve of that theme. I think he used it in the original series as well as TNG.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Was Roddenberry anti action or did just not have the budget and technology to pull it off?

D

Deuce

I heard Chris Mancini on a podcast a week or so ago say that if DC wanted to make a good Suicide Squad movie, they should have used the story from the animated movie Batman: Assault on Arkham. I watched it earlier and I might agree. It's got all the good parts of the SS movie, but it better as a whole story and uses characters you want to see more.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Finally watched the Robocop remake and I have to say it might have been better than the 1st, that is probably because I have not watched the 1st in a long while but it hit all the right notes.

Kinneman was great.

I had no idea Sam Jackson was int, he has to be the hardest woking man in Hollywood.

Keep getting them checks Sam.:lol

Definitely would watch a sequel.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Finally watched the Robocop remake and I have to say it might have been better than the 1st, that is probably because I have not watched the 1st in a long while but it hit all the right notes.

Kinneman was great.

I had no idea Sam Jackson was int, he has to be the hardest woking man in Hollywood.

Keep getting them checks Sam.:lol

Definitely would watch a sequel.
It's definitely different. The first one is much more my style, but I didn't hate the remake.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's definitely different. The first one is much more my style, but I didn't hate the remake.
Yeah after reflection they were totally different movies tonally there is no way they could duplicate that in a remake.

dallen

Senior Tech
I think the remake was better than it had any right to be. The original is a political satire where the new one is a lot more philosophical. I walked out of it thinking about how our reliance on technology changes what it means to be a human. But the first one is an all-timer so if you make me compare them I'll take it every time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Went and saw Star Trek Beyond last night.

My son got a job at a movie theater, so now I get the benefit of his passes.

The movie itself wasn't bad. Also had the whole theater to ourselves.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Went and saw Star Trek Beyond last night.

My son got a job at a movie theater, so now I get the benefit of his passes.

The movie itself wasn't bad. Also had the whole theater to ourselves.
Movie primers?:unsure

Would be interesting to read your alter ego critique a movie.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am actually pretty excited to see the new Blair Witch movie. I have heard and read some good things about it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am actually pretty excited to see the new Blair Witch movie. I have heard and read some good things about it.
It's funny because I remember the first one kind of coming from no where and being a big deal. And now that I think about it that one was probably a crazy long time ago.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It's funny because I remember the first one kind of coming from no where and being a big deal. And now that I think about it that one was probably a crazy long time ago.
Yep...there was a string of movies around that time that were really good. Stir of Echoes, Blair With, Sixth Sense all were around that time if I remember correctly.

Top Bottom