Redskins Stuff...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think rain had anything to do with that shit show.

Nobody came to play that day and every aspect of the team was awful.

If he struggles in another rain day, then there might be something to it. But if there is one game that I wouldn't hold against one particular player, it's the Denver game.

Nobody from the staff to the players on the field bothered to get off the plane for that one.
I don't agree. We had guys slipping and falling all over the place. I don't think it's a coincidence that Denver has a natural grass field and it was raining out causing the turf to give way easier. While our guys are used to playing inside on an artificial surface.

Our guys are not used to playing on that type of a surface and it was pretty clear in that game. It didn't seem to have the same impact on Denver probably because they are use to those conditions on a regular basis.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I don't agree. We had guys slipping and falling all over the place. I don't think it's a coincidence that Denver has a natural grass field and it was raining out causing the turf to give way easier. While our guys are used to playing inside on an artificial surface.

Our guys are not used to playing on that type of a surface and it was pretty clear in that game. It didn't seem to have the same impact on Denver probably because they are use to those conditions on a regular basis.
I noticed most of the slipping on the defensive side of the ball, which is natural since defensive players have to react to offensive players' change of direction.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I noticed most of the slipping on the defensive side of the ball, which is natural since defensive players have to react to offensive players' change of direction.
I didn't see the Broncos defenders slipping and falling at all. In fact I don't remember them even missing a tackle.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I didn't see the Broncos defenders slipping and falling at all. In fact I don't remember them even missing a tackle.
It didn't even rain hard. I don't think it affected Dak's game at all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It didn't even rain hard. I don't think it affected Dak's game at all.
Well I hope you're right. All I know is every time the weather sucks it seems like Dak has had his worst games. And it seems to impact his game more than the opponents QB.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Josh Norman doesn’t see any reason he can’t play this week

Posted by Josh Alper on October 26, 2017, 5:49 PM EDT

Josh Norman and Dez Bryant are co-stars in a campaign for Samsung that plays off of their past on-field battles and off-field verbal sparring.

The latter includes Norman’s contention this summer that Bryant is “just a guy” and the acrimonious history between the two players made Sunday’s matchup between the Redskins and Cowboys one to look forward to when the schedule was released earlier this year. The rib injury Norman suffered in Week Four threatens to put the matchup on ice a little longer, although Norman gave a positive report of his status on Thursday.

Norman, who has missed two straight games, remained limited in practice, but said that he feels ready to go.

“I said last week, ‘Today was a good day.’ It was. But I didn’t play last week. So maybe I want to change a little bit this week,” Norman said, via the Washington Post. “But no, again, today was a good day. It feels a little sore, but that comes with the territory of that injury. But it felt fine. I don’t see any problems or reason why I can’t [play].”

Doctors will have to come to the same conclusion as Norman in order to give him the green light to play in a game that should have some impact on how the playoff race plays out in the NFC.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Him and Vernon Davis are going to feast on our LBers not named Lee.
Good point, not many teams have two TEs to worry about, but Davis seems like he's had a resurgence lately.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I hope the Cowboys run at Josh Norman early in the game to test those ribs. A toss sweep or something where a big OL can put their hands on him.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Well I hope you're right. All I know is every time the weather sucks it seems like Dak has had his worst games. And it seems to impact his game more than the opponents QB.
It's a valid concern especially when you consider that he grew up in Louisiana and played practically all of his college games in the warmer southeast US.

Cotton

Staff member
I hope the Cowboys run at Josh Norman early in the game to test those ribs. A toss sweep or something where a big OL can put their hands on him.
And, I hope they drive his ass into the ground.

Cotton

Staff member
It's a valid concern especially when you consider that he grew up in Louisiana and played practically all of his college games in the warmer southeast US.
The cold is definitely a concern. I seriously don't think the rain is. It rains a lot in Louisiana.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The cold is definitely a concern. I seriously don't think the rain is. It rains a lot in Louisiana.
Whats the difference? They both make it harder to grip a football. And are usually accompanied by strong winds.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Gruden stated that ILB Mason Foster is done for the season with a torn labrum.

:excellent

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I hate that so many people seem to think we have a big advantage due to Washington's injuries. This has a wounded animal feel to me.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I hate that so many people seem to think we have a big advantage due to Washington's injuries. This has a wounded animal feel to me.
Just have to rely on good coaching....

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
my biggest concern is Reed and Davis vs. Heath and Jones

Top Bottom