QB Controversy Thread...

p1_

DCC 4Life
The key to making that work though is Romo is going to have to get some kind of reps in a real game to get himself ready. the mind and knowledge will be there, but the game speed won't.
Not seeing this happening short of a Dak injury.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Why? He couldn't come in the last half of the 4th quarter if we have a game well in hand?
Yep it would be irresponsible to not create a program for Romo to get up to game speed.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Why? He couldn't come in the last half of the 4th quarter if we have a game well in hand?
It depends upon Romo's health and the quality of opponent. Hes not ready for Cleveland, but perhaps the RAvens and/or Bucs game. Im thinking there's just not a lot of opportunity.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
It depends upon Romo's health and the quality of opponent. Hes not ready for Cleveland, but perhaps the RAvens and/or Bucs game. Im thinking there's just not a lot of opportunity.
At home, if Romo came back in a clean-up role, I wonder if the crowd would applaud or boo.

Cotton

Staff member
At home, if Romo came back in a clean-up role, I wonder if the crowd would applaud or boo.
My guess is they would applaud. As well they should.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
My guess is they would applaud. As well they should.
Yea, there is absolutely no reason why they would or should boo him, especially if all he was doing was coming in to finish a game out.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Wow...that is amazing.

I'm hoping that the Eagles game doesn't define Dak moving forward. Every team moving forward is going to emulate the Eagles gameplan against him, so he's got to get his mechanics under control and more importantly our dipshit coaching staff needs to get the kid some quick slants and hot reads to get the ball out of there.

Not everything was Daks fault the other night.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yeah, I'd hope they would cheer him. I'm not a Tony hater...the guy has single handedly won us a ton of games when he had shit around him to work with. But at 36 and coming off injuries, its time to move on and make sure the prime years of the OL, Zeke, etc are not wasted with a hobbled Romo.

The fact that Jones has already thrown out the words "Romo is fine backing up Dak" tells me the coaching staff, Jones, and Romo have probably already talked about what the future might hold.

data

Forbes #1
With next two games on the road, maybe a better question is if home crowd applauds/boos when Romo takes the field as a starter against the Ravens while we're 7-2.

dallen

Senior Tech
Wow...that is amazing.

I'm hoping that the Eagles game doesn't define Dak moving forward. Every team moving forward is going to emulate the Eagles gameplan against him, so he's got to get his mechanics under control and more importantly our dipshit coaching staff needs to get the kid some quick slants and hot reads to get the ball out of there.

Not everything was Daks fault the other night.
Hot reads, quick slants, and screens have been missing from this offense's ability to beat the blitz forever. It is very frustrating.

Cotton

Staff member
With next two games on the road, maybe a better question is if home crowd applauds/boos when Romo takes the field as a starter against the Ravens while we're 7-2.
With Dak still playing well, I would think you would probably have a mix of cheers and boos. Not saying either side is right, just saying that's what I think we would see.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Hot reads, quick slants, and screens have been missing from this offense's ability to beat the blitz forever. It is very frustrating.
Sturm was saying that the eagles were trying to bait Dak's hot reads to pick up easy turnovers. They faked the blitz a lot and had a spy on the hot reads (i.e. Beasley and Witten). so Dak was supposed to read blitz and attack the hot read but in reality it was a fake with full coverage on the hot reads and if dak went there it would be an easy pick.

To his credit, Dak read it right most of the time (although supposedly the pick came on misreading one of these fakes), but that explains some of why we were having trouble getting to hot reads and threw a lot of incompletions.

I don't know that many teams are capable of duplicating that game plan so that's a good thing.

data

Forbes #1
Wrong thread...moved to Gameday Chatter.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Not that really means a whole lot, but Romo didn't practice today.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't think Romo has been ready.

What's happening is that Romo is now being allowed to heal at the proper timeframe with an injury like this as opposed to getting him out there at the minimum amount of time possible like we did last year.

It isn't just the healing, the guy needs to get his core and upper body strength back.

Dak playing well allows the team to give him all the time necessary. So if Romo does indeed have to come back in for whatever reason, at least we can rest assured that he'll be 100% physically ready to do so.
Exactly this. The simplest answer is usually correct. I mean, the guy has been gingerly practicing on the asthma field.

Top Bottom