Going to Dallas for the Bengals game

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
If this thread needs to be moved - sorry.
I'm going to my first game in Dallas this weekend vs the Bengals and was hoping someone could give me suggestions on where to buy tickets, where the best deals on seats are/best view, and what I should try to avoid.

I don't want to start a huge thread on this, was just hoping for some help. I can also use some suggestions on any fun bars or places to eat since i'll be in Dallas for 4 days - Please PM me if you can help me out at all - thanks guys

Your favorite Guido,

GForce

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Also if any of you will be at the game, I would be cool with setting up a meet up. Would be interesting to meet some of the veterans of this board I've been talking to behind a computer for the past 10 years haha

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Enabler. :unsure

Newt

DCC 4Life
I keep hearing about Billy Bob's, I've never been though so I can't vouch for it. I'm sure you can find something to get in to. Try to sit somewhere that will block the afternoon sun. Witten will thank you for it.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I keep hearing about Billy Bob's, I've never been though so I can't vouch for it. I'm sure you can find something to get in to. Try to sit somewhere that will block the afternoon sun. Witten will thank you for it.
I'll check it out thanks! Also doing a tour of the stadium. Hoping to find some serious barbecue or mexican food down there

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'll check it out thanks! Also doing a tour of the stadium. Hoping to find some serious barbecue or mexican food down there
I would recommend trying places other than the high end spots for barbecue and Mexican, don't have any particular names but they try and stiff tourist on the prices for that stuff these days.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Best bbq around here is Pecan Lodge imo. For mexican food I'd recommend Meso Maya

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
thanks guys, JSmith I will see if I can get to one or the other. Jiggyfly I've had Salt Lick before, so I've had some great BBQ from Texas - just never around the Dallas area.

Anything else I should do? I have a couple days to wander around aimlessly

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
thanks guys, JSmith I will see if I can get to one or the other. Jiggyfly I've had Salt Lick before, so I've had some great BBQ from Texas - just never around the Dallas area.

If you have the time, drive over to Llano for lunch at Coopers BBQ. It will dwarf any BBQ you can get in Dallas. It's almost a 4 hour drive, but damn well worth it.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
If you have the time, drive over to Llano for lunch at Coopers BBQ. It will dwarf any BBQ you can get in Dallas. It's almost a 4 hour drive, but damn well worth it.
we haven't decided (my brother and I) if we are getting a car rental. If we do I'm down to see some random area's of Texas. I'm sure this wont be the last time I go to Dallas either - probably every couple of years now until both of us start having kids.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Try to find a couple of low end spots for BBQ and Mexican food you will be surprised how great the food can be.

There is a gas station near me that serves the best tacos I have had in ages don't be scared to try something you have never had like chicharones and barbacoa on tacos.

dallen

Senior Tech

Yeah, you gotta drive a long way from Dallas for decent BBQ.

dallen

Senior Tech
Try to find a couple of low end spots for BBQ and Mexican food you will be surprised how great the food can be.

There is a gas station near me that serves the best tacos I have had in ages don't be scared to try something you have never had like chicharones and barbacoa on tacos.
Yeah, the Mom & Pop shops are always the best when it comes to Mexican and BBQ. Some of the best tamales I ever had I bought out of the back of a minivan

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah, the Mom & Pop shops are always the best when it comes to Mexican and BBQ. Some of the best tamales I ever had I bought out of the back of a minivan
Yeah once you have had some good tamales it's hard to eat them from just anywhere.

You just reminded me I need to call my tamale hook up.:lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

There's a plethora of great street tacos all over Dallas, personally prefer good trompo to barbacoa

Jiggyfly

Banned
There's a plethora of great street tacos all over Dallas, personally prefer good trompo to barbacoa
Have never had Trompo but it sounds great and I would most likely prefer it as well, Barbacoa can be a bit too greasy at times.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
A four hour drive would be like me going to Stillwater , Oklahoma for a meal. That's a fur piece for a meal. It would incurr probably a total of 10 hours and $50.00 in gas. I am trying to digest this suggestion. You will probably pass 500 barbeque places on this trek. :unsure

Top Bottom