User Tag List

Page 103 of 115 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1141

Thread: 2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    Collins should be better this year, he wasn't "terrible" by any stretch last year, more like average to above average.
    Yep he is above average now with the potential to be special. I'm hoping with another full off season working at RT he can become special. Frankly I'm not sure we wouldn't long term be better with Collins at LG and Connor Williams at RT but at this point we just need to leave Collins at one spot and let him develop. Bouncing a guy between guard and tackle is only going to stunt their growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    Feh. It's a joke article. Intentionally biased, not meant to be realistic. They do it every year and it's ghey as hell.
    It is, it is, and it is. But there are good points, especially #10.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    Feh. It's a joke article. Intentionally biased, not meant to be realistic. They do it every year and it's ghey as hell.
    They are pretty damn on the money about Garrett though
    2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

There are some good points in that article (he was particularly right on about our lack of depth), and the Geoff Swaim highlight video is top notch. I was laughing out loud.

Why the hell do people make videos like that? He skewers all the right angles. Horrible music.... poor highlights chosen.... players featured who shouldn't even have highlight reels.... repeating plays from different angles to bulk up the video. Classic amateur hour youtube content producers, so horrible. Great job.

Some of the points were right, some were wrong, some were exaggerations.

But the common denominator through all of it is still Garrett.

With an offensive line that's an improved version of an already really good unit, and Zeke ready to go full time, I can see Garrett becoming even less imaginative and more predictable.

Ride the Zeke horse as much as possible, as often as possible, wear tread off his tires while Garrett goes out and plays not to lose.

It's what I mean when I say that all the peripheral issues -- depth, Dak, the defense -- are meaningless as long as Garrett's the head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    Oh fuck that's karma.
    http://www.chunkysoupcurse.com/?nav=...tegory=Victims

7. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by deadrise View Post
    Some of the points were right, some were wrong, some were exaggerations.

But the common denominator through all of it is still Garrett.

With an offensive line that's an improved version of an already really good unit, and Zeke ready to go full time, I can see Garrett becoming even less imaginative and more predictable.

Ride the Zeke horse as much as possible, as often as possible, wear tread off his tires while Garrett goes out and plays not to lose.

It's what I mean when I say that all the peripheral issues -- depth, Dak, the defense -- are meaningless as long as Garrett's the head coach.
    he's coaching for his job this year. Lets hope desperation breeds urgency and aggression from the stoic Roboto.
    Leading in defensive player suspensions, 5 years and counting

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    he's coaching for his job this year. Lets hope desperation breeds urgency and aggression from the stoic Roboto.

Or, knowing Garrett, it's possible he doesn't believe he's coaching for his job. And if he does, it causes him to retreat even further into his shell.

Always run from a running formation. Always pass from a passing formation. On 3rd and long, obvious passing situations, start the play with a play fake even though the defense knows you have no intention of passing because your play calling is so predictable.

Play it safe and get even more conservative when you get in field goal range. Never do anything risky inside the first-half two-minute warning. If you cross the 50, play it safe on 3rd down and be content to punt, hopefully pinning the other team deep.

Clap a lot on the sideline. Greet players with a big grin and high-fives as they come off the field. Congratulate them for anything remotely positive, for doing what they get paid to do.

After yet another disappointing loss in a key game, subtly throw the players under the bus by resorting to your boiler plate aphorisms, which allow you to dodge any culpability. "We need to go back an look and look at the tape and see where we [the players] need to improve." "We need to work harder and just get better every day."

I think it's playoffs or bust. Further, in my opinion, there has to be success in the playoffs at the divisional round at a minimum. Short of that, adios Red.
    Leading in defensive player suspensions, 5 years and counting

I wish I believed that Garrett is coaching for his job this year.

12. The following user likes this post: