User Tag List

Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1140

Thread: 2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    It's a big risk for Lawrence. If he has a 6 sack season his leverage falls apart. Especially if someone like Charlton for instance puts up 12+ sacks.

If I'm Lawrence I take 15 a year and skip to the bank.
    I would have too. It's not like the guy put up double digit sacks every year. He's essentially a one year wonder.

2. The following user likes this post:

He apparently disagrees with you, Mr Schmidt. He's banking on a repeat of last season, then once the deal is consummated (wherever it happens), he might relax back into 'average' territory.
    Leading in defensive player suspensions, 5 years and counting

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    I would have too. It's not like the guy put up double digit sacks every year. He's essentially a one year wonder.
    I don't know if I'd say that. His sophomore season was pretty good as well. 2 of his 4 seasons probably justify a big pay day. 2 of the four don't. So it's going to be interesting to see if he can get some consistency by putting back to back seasons together. Those are the guys worth big money. Not guys that show up one year and disappear the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    It's a big risk for Lawrence. If he has a 6 sack season his leverage falls apart. Especially if someone like Charlton for instance puts up 12+ sacks.

If I'm Lawrence I take 15 a year and skip to the bank.
    Good point. He’s gambling on himself, which is good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I don't know if I'd say that. His sophomore season was pretty good as well. 2 of his 4 seasons probably justify a big pay day. 2 of the four don't. So it's going to be interesting to see if he can get some consistency by putting back to back seasons together. Those are the guys worth big money. Not guys that show up one year and disappear the next.
    His 8 sack second season is a positive indicator, but it is not something you can use as the basis for a $17 million dollar contract.

8. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    If they get along that's actually very funny, if not... WTF?
    @Rev supporter

No one has said it (at least recently), but I think many of us are thinking it. How long will his back hold up? Lawrence has already had what, 2 back surgeries? You can't dismiss that when discussing his next contract.
    Leading in defensive player suspensions, 5 years and counting

It looks like all of the Cowboys' preseason games (except the finale, vs. the Texans) will be televised live nationally. First 2 on NFLN and week 3 on NBC.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...-pressure-2017

Fodder for the DL vs DB argument, interesting article on 2017 defensive pressures. Dallas defense was 2nd highest percentage for QB pressures-per-defensive-play. Yet, we were only 25th best in result-of-play when we had those defensive pressures.

In the top 1/3, only Denver (7th-->26th), Indianapolis (9th-->30th) and us had a double-digit discrepancy.

Doesn't seem to be a correlation between 'play result success with QB pressure' to playoff qualification as only 5 of Top 10 made it to playoffs. The correlation, though, is 'play result success WITHOUT QB pressure', as Top 5 all made the playoffs.