2017 Underclassmen Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I actually think Hodges looks more explosive then the majority of the TE's you've listed. I've seen the guy basically run past DB on fly routes and get separation deep. He doesn't look just big and awkward like Gavin Escobar for instance. He actually looks like a TE with the wiggle of a WR to make guys miss or to get open with his routes. I probably wouldn't take him in the first either but to me he looks like the most explosive of the TE's in this draft that I've seen.

Evan Engram looks like a WR because he is actually the size of a WR. The guy is like 6'3" 230 pounds. Highly productive but he is a WR. Hodges is at least 6'6" 245 pounds.
Perhaps, I've kind of just blocked him out of my mind because it seems like everybody is slotting him in as the 2nd TE who will go somewhere between 25-50. If he runs a sub-4.6 or even 4.7 I think some team will overdraft him based on his measureables, I just hope it's not us.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Perhaps, I've kind of just blocked him out of my mind because it seems like everybody is slotting him in as the 2nd TE who will go somewhere between 25-50. If he runs a sub-4.6 or even 4.7 I think some team will overdraft him based on his measureables, I just hope it's not us.
Yeah ideally I really don't want a TE until the third/fourth range. Hell if you look at the best TEs in the NFL most of them didn't get drafted until then or later. Give me an athletic guy in the fourth round who needs to develop as a blocker and I can let Witten tutor.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Since we are talking TEs, Nate Sprinkle of Arkansas pulled a Joseph Randle today at a Charlotte Belk store. Before the Razorbacks were going to play in the Belk Bowl.

You can't buy that special kind of stupid.
:lol

I saw that story.

From what I understand, the team was granted a shopping spree as part of their bowl package, or whatever you call it.

Why the hell would you shoplift when they are already allowing you to have a ton of free stuff from their store? Idiot.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Vincent Taylor a DT from Oklahoma State has declared that he's going pro.

I'm not sure what his draft grade is but I imagine that he's probably one of the better interior pass rushers of this draft.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I saw that story.

From what I understand, the team was granted a shopping spree as part of their bowl package, or whatever you call it.

Why the hell would you shoplift when they are already allowing you to have a ton of free stuff from their store? Idiot.
It's really disrespectful too. I mean this place gives you a $450.00 shopping spree and you return the favor by stealing more shit. Just shows really piss poor character. You can't trust someone like that.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Vincent Taylor a DT from Oklahoma State has declared that he's going pro.

I'm not sure what his draft grade is but I imagine that he's probably one of the better interior pass rushers of this draft.
2nd or 3rd rounder would be my guess, my initial reaction is to say I'd be down with that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Now that Jake Butt has torn a ligament in his knee, he will now fulfill his destiny as our 2017 second round choice.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Malik Hooker declared today.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
S Marcus Williams, Utah
WR John Ross, Washington
WR Isaiah Ford, Virginia Tech
QB Jerod Evans, Virginia Tech

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
D

Deuce

S Marcus Williams, Utah
WR John Ross, Washington
WR Isaiah Ford, Virginia Tech
QB Jerod Evans, Virginia Tech
Evans is a dummy. He was not impressive throwing the ball the few times I watched him. Maybe he knows he has to switch positions now the pros so he's just getting the process started.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kaaya declared. Overrated and terrible. Will probably con some team.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Kaaya declared. Overrated and terrible. Will probably con some team.
I'm hoping that Kaaya or Watson con the 49ers into wasting their 1st round pick on them.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Safety class is loaded at the top with Hooker, Adams and my personal favorite, Budda Baker.
I think Baker is more of a LB/S hybrid like Cravens or Bucannon, didn't see him in deep coverage much.

Top Bottom