President Trump Thread...

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Props to Trump for taking The initiative to invest his own money in himself and with less campaign money spent in several years beat the media, his own party, the propaganda and lies of the loyal opposition and had enough faith that the common man wanted a change and would vote that way. In addition to have the balls to stand up to the political machines on both sides of the isle and not flinch while maintaining conscience and convictions of his vision for America.
Could you help me out with this, what is it?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I avoid paying high healthcare costs by never going to the doctor and praying I don't die.
Sounds like a Trump plan.
Maybe add killing anyone over 60 that doesn't have an 8+ figure bank account, and the problem should be solved...

data

Forbes #1
Maybe add killing anyone over 60 that doesn't have an 8+ figure bank account, and the problem should be solved...
Not as dramatic as an 8-figure account, but if you can't afford the care to keep yourself alive, you should've saved up more your first 60 years, chosen more salads or get a job providing insurance. It's not a right to have affordable healthcare at 60, it's, but earned. It's your life, why am I keeping you alive?

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
His motto before and throughout his campaign has been "To make America Great Again".
Opponents have slung their worst mud at Trump, but he keeps that fighting spirit, overcomes and wins. We'd be a better country if we all exuded more of this spirit.

Especially as Cowboys fans, you know, embrace it.

data

Forbes #1
I can tell you this with confidence, I have over 30+ people in my direct employ that lost their company-sponsored insurance directly because of Obamacare. We simply couldn't afford to provide it under that plan. I lost half of them to the oilfield. Where they quickly realized they couldn't afford to pay their own under their new pay rate. About half of that half came back as part-time employees (because we didn't have to provide them benefits) and got a second job.

It's a terrible system. It was terrible when it was in inception, it never should have passed, and it has got to go away.
Before ACA, your org would've kept these people on company-sponsored healthcare?

as for contractors, well, that's the trade-off for higher hourly pay.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Tell us about the healthcare plans in your country. Maybe we could learn something.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tell us about the healthcare plans in your country. Maybe we could learn something.
Just being real, I know that people will go back to Mexico, Central America etc in order to get cost efficient medical care. It is a reality. Now yes, of course we have better doctors, but for something simple, staying within our system is not cost efficient. At all.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Before ACA, your org would've kept these people on company-sponsored healthcare?

as for contractors, well, that's the trade-off for higher hourly pay.
Yes, they would have been on company-paid healthcare. But, because the premiums up went so much we couldn't afford to keep them all on.

data

Forbes #1
Just being real, I know that people will go back to Mexico, Central America etc in order to get cost efficient medical care. It is a reality. Now yes, of course we have better doctors, but for something simple, staying within our system is not cost efficient. At all.
If companies leave the US for cheaper labor costs, why not people for healthcare costs. Unless a veteran, not sure why the govt owes cheap healthcare.

data

Forbes #1
Yes, they would have been on company-paid healthcare. But, because the premiums up went so much we couldn't afford to keep them all on.
Did the premium to over you increase? If not, what's the difference with their employment status leading to the ACA susceptibility?

You and these 30+ were directly employed by Texas Tech, right? That's not a small org. Curious why these 30 employees would be affected if they were full-timers.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If companies leave the US for cheaper labor costs, why not people for healthcare costs. Unless a veteran, not sure why the govt owes cheap healthcare.
Actually the government doesn't owe any health care except for possibly the military and maybe federal employees. It's a great idea and a magnanimous jester to try to make it happen for everyone but there is a point in this population to where the societal circumstance and preference should dictate the matters that are best for the majority and I wonder whether determination was ever made about a hands on or hands off by big brother. The idea that it is owed to society is a view perpetrated by some but they cannot responsibly create a system where it will work without arbitrarily punishing another portion of the masses to accommodate others.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Did the premium to over you increase? If not, what's the difference with their employment status leading to the ACA susceptibility?

You and these 30+ were directly employed by Texas Tech, right? That's not a small org. Curious why these 30 employees would be affected if they were full-timers.
Because you don't have to provide insurance to anyone that works 30 hours or less a week. If they are full-timers you have to pay the exorbitant premium. So, essentially, we had to let the full-timers go and hire twice as many part-timers. Which, on top of the turnover on personnel, makes scheduling a pain in the ass.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That was not quite the point I was trying to make.

Top Bottom