TV Thread

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The Man in the High Castle is good and excruciating to watch. Much of it is captivating but it gets long in places. It is like sex on X...sometimes it just takes too long for no good reason.
Disagree. Season 2 was some of the best TV I've ever seen. John Smith is a fascinating villain.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Disagree. Season 2 was some of the best TV I've ever seen. John Smith is a fascinating villain.
After finishing season 2 I must say I agree. The middle of season 1 was very interesting but slow at time. Season 2 was pretty damn good.

D

Deuce

Looking forward to American Gods on Starz this summer. The trailer looks great, Ian McShane looks great, and it's being run by the guys behind Pushing Daisies and Hannibal.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Looking forward to American Gods on Starz this summer. The trailer looks great, Ian McShane looks great, and it's being run by the guys behind Pushing Daisies and Hannibal.
Speaking of, there is some rumbling that Hannibal could come back, with the Will Graham character woven into the Silence of the Lambs plot with Clarice Starling.

My guess is that it would be an Amazon series.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Speaking of, there is some rumbling that Hannibal could come back, with the Will Graham character woven into the Silence of the Lambs plot with Clarice Starling.

:hawfap

They pulled off Red Dragon well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
After finishing season 2 I must say I agree. The middle of season 1 was very interesting but slow at time. Season 2 was pretty damn good.
My big deal with MITHT was that it really did not take enough time to state truly what happened.

In the book, FDR is assassinated. Italy takes over Africa and starts exterminating or enslaving the population, they drain the Mediterranean, they populate other planets etc.

dallen

Senior Tech

I just started watching this show. It is all kinds of awesome. How was this a broadcast series?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I just started watching this show. It is all kinds of awesome. How was this a broadcast series?
Ultimately it succumbed to network censorship and a bad time slot. And it was way too two high brow for your common everyday network TV watcher. Needed another CSI, Law and Order.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Finished the first Goliath season on Prime. It is really really good. Billy Bob Thornton kills it per usual.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Finished the first Goliath season on Prime. It is really really good. Billy Bob Thornton kills it per usual.
I watched the first episode, but it just didn't click for me.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I watched the first episode, but it just didn't click for me.
You need to watch more than that to even see what it is truly about. It is a really good show.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You need to watch more than that to even see what it is truly about. It is a really good show.
Will have to wait a while. I watched the Bad Santa movies too much over the holidays and need to shake them off before taking a similar character seriously.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Ultimately it succumbed to network censorship and a bad time slot. And it was way too two high brow for your common everyday network TV watcher. Needed another CSI, Law and Order.
Early on they incorporated some of that, with the obligatory lab geeks chattering about the forensics and such. But the rest was this breathtakingly beautiful violence, alongside a heady examination of themes like identity. You don't get shit like that from Criminal Minds. :lol

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Early on they incorporated some of that, with the obligatory lab geeks chattering about the forensics and such. But the rest was this breathtakingly beautiful violence, alongside a heady examination of themes like identity. You don't get shit like that from Criminal Minds. :lol
It was too artsy for me especially since it was supposed to be about a medical professional cannibal. The camera work and effects were pretty good though

Jiggyfly

Banned
Hannibal is my biggest blind spot currently, being on Network turned me off initially but after the great buzz I was never able to catch up.

They never ran a marathon like they do most of there other shows and that's how I usually catch up.

I will watch it this summer I really think I missed out.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hannibal is my biggest blind spot currently, being on Network turned me off initially but after the great buzz I was never able to catch up.

They never ran a marathon like they do most of there other shows and that's how I usually catch up.

You should go ahead and binge watch it. Make sure you take your time.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The first episode of Taboo was excellent.

Looking forward to watching tomorrow night.

dallen

Senior Tech

I'm almost done with the first season now. It holds up really well. You should check it out

Top Bottom