Bengals Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys left tackle Tyron Smith took his normal turns with the first team offense during the portion of practice open to the media Wednesday. Dez Bryant (knee), Chaz Green (foot), David Irving (concussion) and Dan Bailey (back) were not on the practice field.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

dallen

Senior Tech
Did he sleep on a bed of nails our what?

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Apparently he won player of the year in HS after kicking a game winning FG to win a playoff game. The legend grows.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Eifert suffered a setback apparently and might not make it back this week.

Big time boost if true.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I sense the Bailey thing is just being ignored. I know it is cool and stuff that Heath has new value, but we didn't prepare for the fact that if he wakes up Sunday morning with a tight back.

Most normal teams would be renting a kicker for a week or so.

Cotton

Staff member
Zack Martin's wife won't be conflicted on whom to root for Sunday
6:21 PM CT
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- If the Dallas Cowboys want to know about the health of Cincinnati Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert, they might want to check with his brother in-law. He just happens to be the Cowboys All-Pro right guard Zack Martin.

Martin married Eifert's sister, Morgan, in July.

Eifert has yet to play this season because of an ankle injury suffered at the Pro Bowl where he was Martin's teammate. The hope was he could potentially play Sunday but he suffered a back injury that kept him out of Wednesday's practice.

“No, she's not conflicted,” Martin said of Sunday's game at AT&T Stadium between the Cowboys and Bengals. “No.”

Martin and Eifert were roommates during their time at Notre Dame. It wasn't until their junior years that Martin was introduced to Eifert's sister.

“It'll be cool,” Martin said of the matchup. “I mean he plays offense. It'll be good to see him after the game but we obviously won't be lining up against each other.”

On a normal week, Martin has to buy only a handful of tickets for his parents or some college buddies. This week, his family and his wife's family, plus family friends will be at the game.

“It'll be a fun weekend,” Martin said.

Is Eifert at least helping defer some of the costs of the tickets?

“He should,” Martin said, “but, no, he's not.”

Martin was quick to deflect attention to the game, rather than the family affair.

“Yeah let's talk some football here,” Martin said.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I sense the Bailey thing is just being ignored. I know it is cool and stuff that Heath has new value, but we didn't prepare for the fact that if he wakes up Sunday morning with a tight back.

Most normal teams would be renting a kicker for a week or so.
I'm not really worried unless it gets worse, and it should presumably get better considering he didn't have the problem until he woke up Sunday apparently.

He easily converted all extra points and a short FG, was ok on kickoffs and wasn't that far off on the 47 yarder, unless it gets worse I wouldn't be concerned.

Cotton

Staff member

Nice.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

God dammit.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Good.

Maybe now we can stop wasting plays on him and put Morris in the game more often.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

God dammit.
Don't know why they haven't had a Gong Show audition yet.

Cotton

Staff member
Don't know why they haven't had a Gong Show audition yet.
Robbie Gould is out there. I bring him in for a couple of weeks if Bailey can't go.

Cotton

Staff member

Good.

Top Bottom