2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He didn't say draft. Just that they have needs at those positions. Not that I agree with everything he says but it's not that far off base.
It's retarded. They are all at best secondary or tertiary "needs." The type every team has to address every off-season with minimal effort.

Oh noes, however are we going to fill 3rd TE or WR?

And for that matter, Elliott and Morris are under contract next year, it is absolutely NOT a need.

It's completely retarded to try to manufacture consternation over those positions. This guy seems like the typical wannabe contrarian media guy trying to get attention with out of the box opinions (no matter how dumb).

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Wait, what?

We're 11-2. I think we'll manage.

This guy is no genius.
People are idiotic panic monkeys who blow things completely out of proportion.

Most fans look at a need, say, a need for a swing tackle who could step in as the starter at RT in a year or two, and they can't fathom how a player like that could be acquired outside of the first 3-4 picks of the draft because they have no fucking clue how things work.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's retarded. They are all at best secondary or tertiary "needs." The type every team has to address every off-season with minimal effort.

Oh noes, however are we going to fill 3rd TE or WR?

And for that matter, Elliott and Morris are under contract next year, it is absolutely NOT a need.

It's completely retarded to try to manufacture consternation over those positions. This guy seems like the typical wannabe contrarian media guy trying to get attention with out of the box opinions (no matter how dumb).
Yep.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
People keep forgetting Dunbar is a core special team guy and a good one.

He plays on all of the special teams, I agree with the angst about him taking snaps from Elliott but he is a valuable NFL player.
He has 2 KR for 32 yards on return teams and 1 assisted tackle on coverage teams.

Not sure how that makes him 'a core special team guy and a good one.' Certainly don't see how it makes him a 'valuable' one.

2233boys

Not So New Member
He has 2 KR for 32 yards on return teams and 1 assisted tackle on coverage teams.

Not sure how that makes him 'a core special team guy and a good one.' Certainly don't see how it makes him a 'valuable' one.
He hasn't been called for a hold?
:shrug

Jiggyfly

Banned

Because he plays on every special team group and in the past he has been at the top of the special team tackles list.

Maybe his being injured most of the year affects his tackle totals this year?

The fact that he plays on all of the special teams makes him a core guy and the fact that he before this year was usually a leading tackler makes him very valuable.

Can you see now?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Because he plays on every special team group and in the past he has been at the top of the special team tackles list.

The fact that he plays on all of the special teams makes him a core guy and the fact that he before this year was usually a leading tackler makes him very valuable.

Can you see now?
Unless I'm reading this wrong, he only has 12 total tackles in his career.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:zzz

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

:zzz
I still have no idea what was wrong with this guy in the first place. One of the most random and mysterious injuries I can ever remember.

We should probably find out on Gregory first. Probably not enough room to bring both guys back.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I still have no idea what was wrong with this guy in the first place. One of the most random and mysterious injuries I can ever remember.

We should probably find out on Gregory first. Probably not enough room to bring both guys back.
I bring back La'el Collins off IR first.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I bring back La'el Collins off IR first.
Yeah, and to me, it's not really even that close. Expecially with Leary banged up a little now.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Tapper had the same injury as Romo. Why wouldn't he be ready by now?

For me it's Collins first then Tapper. Gregory can go straight to Hades.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tapper had the same injury as Romo. Why wouldn't he be ready by now?

For me it's Collins first then Tapper. Gregory can go straight to Hades.
Tapper had been dealing with his injury since childhood, how could that possibly be the same injury?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Tapper had been dealing with his injury since childhood, how could that possibly be the same injury?
As I recall the injury was described as a cracked vertebrae. There could be a birth defect but the injury was described as indicated.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Though the underlying root cause in Tapper's case was a birth defect. the net result is a broken bone in his spine, same as Romo. The actual injury didn't occur until camp, so he'd never dealt with it before then.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, and to me, it's not really even that close. Expecially with Leary banged up a little now.
Collins is athletic enough to play jumbo 3TE.

That is a problem for us right now.

I don't give a shit about half a back DE that honestly was not some draft steal.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Can you see now?
Core special teamer.

Valuable NFL player.

Lance Fucking Dunbar.

:lol

And no. He has never been a leading tackler on teams. And sure as hell wasn't 'usually'. Quit making shit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom