Lions Stuff...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

I wonder what Gregory's been up to all season. Has he been busting his ass preparing for this situation? Watching your team go on such a run with the chance at a SB ring SHOULD have motivated the guy to focus on his training. Would be a beautiful thing if it works out. Lawrence coming back, Irving showing a pass rush spark, and a fresh & focused Gregory to seal the deal? BIPJ

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I would like to see Sean Lee exact a little revenge on Golden Tate on Monday night. Lee's been knocking mo-fos senseless all year long. One ill-timed cross route is all it takes.

A hundred times this.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wonder what Gregory's been up to all season. Has he been busting his ass preparing for this situation? Watching your team go on such a run with the chance at a SB ring SHOULD have motivated the guy to focus on his training. Would be a beautiful thing if it works out. Lawrence coming back, Irving showing a pass rush spark, and a fresh & focused Gregory to seal the deal? BIPJ
Not sure but it sounds like he has been working out in our facilities the entire time so the team should have a pretty good idea of what shape he is in and how hard he has worked. Of course you can't rely on Jerry's assessment. That guy will say shit that is totally untrue for attention.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'd imagine we'll only see him in the most obvious of pass rushing situations where he can just go full speed after the QB.

Probably not near ready for anything else.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd imagine we'll only see him in the most obvious of pass rushing situations where he can just go full speed after the QB.

Probably not near ready for anything else.
And that's fine. That's what he does best. In those situations where we want to rush 3 and drop 8 into coverage we can now hopefully put Gregory on the field as one of the stand up guys who blitzes.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

dallen

Senior Tech
Posted this in the Cowboys related stuff thread, but if the Giants lose in 2 days, this Monday night game is meaningless.
This week we are all Philly fans, [MENTION=24]mschmidt64[/MENTION]

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This week we are all Philly fans, [MENTION=24]mschmidt64[/MENTION]
I want Philly to win but personally I'm just concerned with the Cowboys. It's simple for us, beat Detroit and nothing else matters. Even if the Eagles win, I'll still want to beat Detroit and keep the train rolling.

By the way, how much does it suck for the Giants right now. They could finish the season 12-4 and have the second best record in the NFC and still only be a wild card team playing on the road. And the obvious response is usually, well do better in your division, but the fact is they swept the team in the division that they needed to. And they still fall short.

Oh who am I kidding, I'll never feel bad for the Giants. They can go F themselves and their light ass penalty for a violation that many other coaches on ESPN today were saying is a "massive" advantage.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Oh who am I kidding, I'll never feel bad for the Giants. They can go F themselves and their light ass penalty for a violation that many other coaches on ESPN today were saying is a "massive" advantage.
No kidding.

The Browns GM received a 4 game suspension for sending text messages on the sidelines. IMO, what McAdoo did fell right in line with what the Browns GM did. It falls under the “unauthorized communications” umbrella.

Therefore, McAdoo should have received a multiple game suspension as well.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No kidding.

The Browns GM received a 4 game suspension for sending text messages on the sidelines. IMO, what McAdoo did fell right in line with what the Browns GM did. It falls under the “unauthorized communications” umbrella.

Therefore, McAdoo should have received a multiple game suspension as well.
ESPN talked to other coaches about it and they basically said what the Giants did was worse then deflategate and they thought it was a massive advantage for the Giants. It sounded to me like other teams besides the Cowboys were really pissed off with how light the punishment was. The only thing in the Giants favor that can really be said is that they probably did it out of ignorance and weren't doing it with some sort of premeditated effort like deflategate. McAdoo is just that retarded that he didn't know he couldn't do that. Which after looking at his face, is believable.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

GShock

DCC 4Life
So Mayowa's injury not as serious as feared?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So Mayowa's injury not as serious as feared?
Practice Update: Gregory Returns; Two Other Defensive Linemen Missing
Thursday, December 22, 2016 11:58 AM CST

By David Helman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
@HelmanDC

FRISCO, Texas – There was a new face on the field Thursday as the Cowboys reported for their first practice of Week 16.

After months of speculation and discussion about his future and his availability, Randy Gregory was in fact on hand as the Cowboys began their preparations for Detroit. It’s the first-time the second-year defensive end has been available to practice since the spring, when he took part in the offseason program.

“We anticipate him practicing,” said Cowboys coach Jason Garrett. “We’ll see how he does in individual and hopefully get more and more as the day goes on.”

Gregory was suspended four games in February for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy. He had another 10 games tacked on over the summer for further violations. When the Cowboys reported to training camp, he entered a treatment facility.

It seemed like a bit of a long shot the talented pass rusher would be available when the suspension ended, but Cowboys officials have reiterated several times this week that they expect Gregory to contribute down the home stretch of the season.
“I do know that we’re planning on having him practice this week and playing this weekend,” said Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones on Monday.

Gregory’s return comes at a fortuitous time for this Dallas pass rush, as the Cowboys are coping with multiple injuries on the defensive line. DeMarcus Lawrence and Cedric Thornton both sat out of practice again, after missing all of last week and the game against Tampa Bay.

Tyrone Crawford and Benson Mayowa both suffered injuries in that win against the Buccaneers, but they were both on hand for practice on Thursday.

Morris Claiborne is still absent while he recuperates from a groin injury, but J.J. Wilcox once again practiced Thursday after returning to the field last week. The Cowboys held Wilcox out of the Tampa Bay game, but there’s optimism he’ll be available Monday against the Lions.

The Cowboys were also without Justin Durant, who injured his elbow in the second half of the Tampa Bay game.

With all those injury concerns on the defensive side of the ball, it has to be considered encouraging that the Cowboys’ entire offense was on hand for practice.

It's at least good news. If Mayowa had any serious damage he wouldn't be suiting up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Matthew Stafford to wear a different glove this week

Posted by Josh Alper on December 23, 2016, 8:57 AM EST

Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford broke out a mostly fingerless glove for last Sunday’s game against the Giants, which was his first since injuring his middle finger in a Week 14 victory over the Bears.

Stafford won’t be wearing the same glove against the Cowboys on Monday night, but he will be wearing something similar to provide extra protection for the injury. This glove is designed for playing indoors while the one he wore last week was designed for rainy conditions.

Stafford was 24-of-39 for 273 yards and an interception in the loss to the Giants and said he felt he played OK in that game, but expects to be better another week removed from the injury.

“I think I’m going to continue to get more and more comfortable as I work on it, work through,” Stafford said, via the Detroit News. “As far as velocity and accuracy, all that kind of stuff, I wasn’t perfect, but I felt like I was playing at a high level.”

The Lions will be indoors at home against the Packers in Week 17, so Stafford won’t need to switch gloves again for what could be an NFC North championship game.

Cotton

Staff member
They are sitting D-Law for the last two games. Smart.

Top Bottom