Redskins Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
For third time since 2012, Walt Anderson to call Cowboys-Redskins
11:00 AM CT
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- Walt Anderson has been an NFL official since 1996 and a referee since 2003, but he has not called a ton of Dallas Cowboys games in recent years.

When he works Sunday’s game between the Cowboys and Washington Redskins at FedEx Field, it will be just his second since 2013. Curiously, this will be the fourth game between the two NFC East rivals he has called since 2012.

He was the referee for the de facto NFC East championship game in Week 17 in 2012, a Dallas loss, and called the Cowboys’ Week 6 win against Washington a year later. He was also the referee for the Cowboys’ win at Washington in 2015, which some might remember as the only victory the Cowboys recorded that season without Tony Romo.

Since 2010, the Cowboys are 3-3 with Anderson as the referee. They have been penalized 36 times for 294 yards in those games, while their opponents have been flagged 41 times for 330 yards.

Last week, Anderson and his crew worked the Chicago Bears' home win against the Carolina Panthers and called 10 penalties, with nine accepted. The Panthers had four penalties for 35 yards, and the Bears had five for 40 yards.

Based on that game, offensive linemen and special-teamers have to be aware of how they are blocking. Anderson’s crew made four offensive holding calls, including two on special teams.

The breakdown:

False start -- 2

Offensive holding -- 4

Offensive pass interference -- 1

Face mask -- 1

Illegal formation -- 1

Delay of game -- 1

Quarter-by-quarter:

First -- 0

Second -- 1

Third -- 5

Fourth -- 4

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
will be interesting to see how many of their o-linemen are ready to go

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
will be interesting to see how many of their o-linemen are ready to go
Yeah, that was ugly last night. Philly didn't fare much better...they lost arguably their 2 best players on each side of the ball.

But...F the Skins.

Cotton

Staff member

This is 4 of their 5 OL starters.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Brandon Schreff being out would be huge. That guy is playing at a Zack Martin level this year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
No matter who starts for them on the OL there's no way they're going to be 100% only about 100 hours removed from limping off the field in Philly.

I read an article earlier today where Williams was questioning whether he should be out there, if he's doing more harm than good to the team, etc., and then you have Scherff who would be playing through an injury that usually requires at least a week or two off.

data

Forbes #1
Like it matters. We won’t take advantage of it anyway.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Like it matters. We won’t take advantage of it anyway.
If Marinelli took his Geritol last night and paid attention, he should see that the Skins middle of the OL was getting killed with LB blitzes. Cousins couldn’t set his feet and was the typical underperforming QB he is when hit with pressure.

That at being said I won’t be shocked to see a 3 man rush half the game on Sunday.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If Marinelli took his Geritol last night and paid attention, he should see that the Skins middle of the OL was getting killed with LB blitzes. Cousins couldn’t set his feet and was the typical underperforming QB he is when hit with pressure.

That at being said I won’t be shocked to see a 3 man rush half the game on Sunday.
I can agree with that. The coverage defense is a mainstay with the Dallas defense. The backers and secondary are aligned with very large cushions for a runner or receiver. The recovery distance is almost 10 yards for the secondary and they always drop back at the snap which adds more recovery time for them. It is a disaster with fast receivers. Even slow receivers have an advantage on underneath routes.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

You definitely know your Cowboys. This team can't be counted on to take the common sense approach from week to week.

In their minds the Redskins will be expecting us to blitz so running a zone-heavy, 3 man pass rush will catch Washington off guard.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I guess Awuzie should just turn in his retirement papers.

Jesus.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
My guess is that he will play a few snaps here in there before eventually he gets shut down for the season.

Those guys who have those nagging muscle injuries like that almost always aggravate it at some point to where they have to be shut down for the year.

That's exactly what I expect to happen to him as well.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another Mo Claiborne type. High potential, injury prone and will probably get back to his element with another team.
Not really the same at all. Other than a lacerated kidney in college he had no injury issues that I'm aware of. Plus he was a late second round pick, hardly the same thing as a top 6 nfl draft pick.

vince

Not So New Member
Not really the same at all. Other than a lacerated kidney in college he had no injury issues that I'm aware of. Plus he was a late second round pick, hardly the same thing as a top 6 nfl draft pick.
Ok. So a dumbed down version of Mo Caliborne. My point is he'll be fine once he leaves the team.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The last hurrah for the Triplets. Irvin breaks his neck 3 weeks later and that's all she wrote.

Top Bottom