Sturm: How the stats lie about the Cowboys defense

dallen

Senior Tech
Lawrence ain't exactly an All Pro. He's had a few decent stretches, but I'll be happily surprised if he makes a big difference when he comes back. He's probably better than everyone else we have but he hasn't been around long enough to expect a miracle.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lawrence ain't exactly an All Pro. He's had a few decent stretches, but I'll be happily surprised if he makes a big difference when he comes back. He's probably better than everyone else we have but he hasn't been around long enough to expect a miracle.
Well yeah, the guy is 24. He is still on the upswing of his career. You generally hope a guy like that takes the next step from 8 sacks in a season to maybe 10-12. Of course this year with missing 4 games that's going to be hard but if he can get to 8 sacks again I'd be thrilled. Of course who knows what kind of shape the guy is in. He barely played in preseason and I think he came into camp a little chunky (275 lbs) which worries me with another 4 games sitting on the bench.

hstour

Brand New Member
Chunky? I'm not seeing it. I do remember several of the guys I follow on Twitter saying how much bigger and more cut he looked, but not chunky.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chunky? I'm not seeing it. I do remember several of the guys I follow on Twitter saying how much bigger and more cut he looked, but not chunky.

It's because Lawrence said himself that he needed to drop a little weight. He does look in great shape there though. Looks like the extra weight is mostly muscle.

Top Bottom