User Tag List

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Shit it's a great spot for a RB even. Like a legit number 2 to Zeke.
    I think Smith is a legit #2.

Too many other needs like OL Depth to be wasting picks on RBs that will hardly see the field.

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    I think Smith is a legit #2.

Too many other needs like OL Depth to be wasting picks on RBs that will hardly see the field.
    I would like to see more than one draft pick on the Oline. Seems like we mostly ignore the position outside of our first rounders. Chaz Green is the only attempt that comes to mind lately. Doesn't need to be a high pick. Go and try to find the next Doug Free or something. Lots of good Olineman come from the middle of the draft.

I don't mind Smith but he is meh. I wouldn't want him leading the backfield if something happened to Zeke.

I would like to see more than one draft pick on the Oline. Seems like we mostly ignore the position outside of our first rounders. Chaz Green is the only attempt that comes to mind lately. Doesn't need to be a high pick. Go and try to find the next Doug Free or something. Lots of good Olineman come from the middle of the draft.

I don't mind Smith but he is meh. I wouldn't want him leading the backfield if something happened to Zeke.
    We could always resign Morris. He was a good replacement. He's probably got another year in the tank. RBs are a dime a dozen anyway.

We probably will draft a couple OL but one probably needs to be within the first 3 picks. I still hope and pray we get one of the top WRs in the first three picks.

Of course, free agency may be where we plug some holes. There are some decent WRs in free agency. We might go that way but I doubt we get a real difference maker since teams tend to keep those.

Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    We probably will draft a couple OL but one probably needs to be within the first 3 picks. I still hope and pray we get one of the top WRs in the first three picks.
    Why? 4 of our starting O-lineman aren't going anywhere any time soon. Jonathan Cooper is expected to resign. His knee injury supposedly wasn't serious.

So with that in mind, I doubt we use a top 3 round pick on an O-lineman. We can't afford to move on from Tyron Smith until like 2020 at the earliest. Our best bet with him is to get him healthy. Unless you think we should try and draft his replacement now, I don't see us using a top 3 pick on a guy.

But the fourth round seems perfect. Same round we drafted Doug Free.

As far as WR is concerned if we cut Dez I probably sign someone and draft someone. We need speed and probably more then one guy with speed. Butler may be on his way out. Dez should be. And frankly I'm iffy on keeping Beasley around.

Why? 4 of our starting O-lineman aren't going anywhere any time soon. Jonathan Cooper is expected to resign. His knee injury supposedly wasn't serious.

So with that in mind, I doubt we use a top 3 round pick on an O-lineman. We can't afford to move on from Tyron Smith until like 2020 at the earliest. Our best bet with him is to get him healthy. Unless you think we should try and draft his replacement now, I don't see us using a top 3 pick on a guy.

As far as WR is concerned if we cut Dez I probably sign someone and draft someone. We need speed and probably more then one guy with speed. Butler may be on his way out. Dez should be. And frankly I'm iffy on keeping Beasley around.
    I hadn't heard about Cooper's injury. I thought he was going to have an ACL. That guy hasn't been healthy his whole career though. I very much doubt either he or Tyron is going to play 16 games next year. If we want to keep the strength of our team as the strength, we need some high quality depth. That being said, I'll stretch it to top 4 rounds. Best offer.

I'd rather keep Butler than Dez. How crazy is that?

Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    I'd rather keep Butler than Dez. How crazy is that?
    I would too. Butler is a lot less high maintenance, younger and more athletic.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    I would too. Butler is a lot less high maintenance, younger and more athletic.
    And, a helluva lot cheaper.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Bout time you cretins came around to my line of thinking on Dez.