User Tag List

Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Ok, I've watched James Washington clips for the last little bit. Will he make it to the 3rd? If not and we took D in the first would he be worth the 2nd. Looks good to me?

Won't make it to the 3rd but he'd be a strong pick in the 2nd. Guys like him, Miller and Chark are the why I'd rather go elsewhere in the 1st and go WR in the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    The WR class does not excite me, but I do like Ridley the best. I just think he will translate better to the NFL game and was held back a bit by style and QB play.
    Same here. Not excited about any of the potential first round WR's. But, I would probably take Ridley at 19 although I think he'll be gone by then. Maybe Moore, but it'd depend on who else is still on the board (DT, LB). I don't want Sutton even in a trade down lower in the 1st. Chark is intriguing but not at 19 and even a slight trade down would probably be too high for him. Problem is he'll probably be gone before we pick in the 2nd.

If Ridley and Moore are gone I'd prefer waiting til the 2nd and try to get Miller or maybe Washington.

DJ Moore kind of reminds me of Golden Tate. Notnthe best athlete...19 seems high, but ok I guess. Sutton is intriguing, but his scouting report reads pretty much what a scouting report on Dez would say...good size, has trouble separating.

Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    DJ Moore kind of reminds me of Golden Tate. Notnthe best athlete...19 seems high, but ok I guess. Sutton is intriguing, but his scouting report reads pretty much what a scouting report on Dez would say...good size, has trouble separating.
    They're similar but Moore is just a bit bigger in every way (height, weight, arm length) and I think Moore is better/more explosive in contested situations.

Quote Originally Posted by fortsbest View Post
    Ok, I've watched James Washington clips for the last little bit. Will he make it to the 3rd? If not and we took D in the first would he be worth the 2nd. Looks good to me?
    Big 12 WRs, like Big 12 QBs, are tricky as hell to assess.

For some reason James Washington strikes me as another in a long line of Big 12 WRs who under-perform in the NFL.

Despite having numerous Biletnikoff winners from the conference, unless I'm overlooking someone else, Jordy Nelson & Dez Bryant are easily the best WRs the Big 12 has produced. Other than those two, it 's largely a bunch of average at best receivers.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    Big 12 WRs, like Big 12 QBs, are tricky as hell to assess.

For some reason James Washington strikes me as another in a long line of Big 12 WRs who under-perform in the NFL.

Despite having numerous Biletnikoff winners from the conference, unless I'm overlooking someone else, Jordy Nelson & Dez Bryant are easily the best WRs the Big 12 has produced. Other than those two, it 's largely a bunch of average at best receivers.
    Michael Crabtree might disagree.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Michael Crabtree might disagree.
    He goes in the "good pro, but certainly not worth his draft position" pile.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    He goes in the "good pro, but certainly not worth his draft position" pile.
    Yeah, I was mostly joking. He definitely has not lived up to where he was drafted.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

I'm still not necessarily all in on a WR in the first or second.