User Tag List

Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    I'm still not necessarily all in on a WR in the first or second.
    It all depends on what receivers are available where. I know you don't like these WR's that much but I'm all for Ridley if he is available in the first. Otherwise the only way I'm taking a WR in the first is after a trade down. And probably a pretty small one if we want one of the two guys who I think are legit first rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    He goes in the "good pro, but certainly not worth his draft position" pile.
    Yeah I mean I think the 49ers certainly wanted more out of a top 10 draft pick. But Crabtree has also had a couple of seasons at a probowl or near probowl level so he isn't necessarily a bad first rounder either.

With Dez gone, WR is a little more of a first three round need than before, so I'm warming to an approach like this instead of my defense-heavy strategy:

19) Trade down with Patriots for 31, 43, who are trading up for Lamar Jackson

1 - 31) OG Will Hernandez, James Daniels, or Isaiah Wynn
    2 - 43) LB Rashaan Evans or Leighton Vander Esch
    2 - 50) WR James Washington
    3 - 81) FS Tavarius Moore
    4 - 116) TE Ian Thomas
    4 - 137) DL Deadrin Senat
    5 - 171) OL Cole Madison
    6 - 192) DT PJ Hall
    6 - 193) RB Ito Smith
    6 - 208) S Tracey Walker
    7 - 236) OT Desmond Harrison

Something like that, though I'm perfectly fine using some of those later picks to move around.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    With Dez gone, WR is a little more of a first three round need than before, so I'm warming to an approach like this instead of my defense-heavy strategy:

4 - 116) TE Ian Thomas
    5 - 171) OL Cole Madison
    6 - 192) DT PJ Hall
    6 - 193) RB Ito Smith
    6 - 208) S Tracey Walker

Something like that, though I'm perfectly fine using some of those later picks to move around.
    I would like that haul a lot.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

4 - 116) TE Ian Thomas
    5 - 171) OL Cole Madison
    6 - 192) DT PJ Hall
    6 - 193) RB Ito Smith
    6 - 208) S Tracey Walker

I don't see NE giving up 31 & 43 for Lamar Jackson...
    @Rev supporter

I'd take that if it happened.

If the draft doesn't come soon, I may lose my cotton-picking mind!!!

4 - 116) TE Ian Thomas
    5 - 171) OL Cole Madison
    6 - 192) DT PJ Hall
    6 - 193) RB Ito Smith
    6 - 208) S Tracey Walker

The premise of the trade is probably flawed. I haven't ever seen Jackson falling to us. If so, we should get a haul but I suspect someone would have traded up way before 19. That being said, I love the picks. Love it even more if LVE drops due to this neck bullshit.

El Other Presidente' UncleMilti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    It all depends on what receivers are available where. I know you don't like these WR's that much but I'm all for Ridley if he is available in the first. Otherwise the only way I'm taking a WR in the first is after a trade down. And probably a pretty small one if we want one of the two guys who I think are legit first rounders.
    Ridley worries me with the shitty combine he had.
    31" vertical? I think his broad jump was real bad too.

The 40 time was good, but to me the 40 time doesn't mean much past a certain point. I guess I'd be worried about him going up and being able to high point the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMilti View Post
    Ridley worries me with the shitty combine he had.
    31" vertical? I think his broad jump was real bad too.

The 40 time was good, but to me the 40 time doesn't mean much past a certain point. I guess I'd be worried about him going up and being able to high point the ball.
    He looks extremely explosive on the field. I guess it depends on what you value in a reciever. If you value a guy who is going to get a ton of seperation Ridley is your guy. Out jumping people isn't as big of a deal when you get seperation. Guys like Byron can jump out of the building but it doesn't mean much on the football field. I actually think jumping at the combine is one of the most overrated aspects. If a reciever can get open and catch the ball that's the most important thing. Ridley has the speed to scare corners deep with the route running to actually use that to his advantage. I'd be more worried if he was a jump ball reciever with a 31 inch verticle. I mean Mike William's who doesn't get much seperation with a 32 inch verticle is more concerning if you ask me. I'm not throwing 50/50 balls to Ridley because he's going to get open and you won't have to. I'd say watch Ridley's games if you're concerned.

But I love DJ Moore too who has a very good verticle and speed numbers. But you should never get too worked up over a combine. Especially less important things like high jumps.