2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

2233boys

Not So New Member
The party looks to be headed to less intervention and less trade, that is why Hillary has had to tack so far left of where she usually is.

If she goes the other way while in office there is no way she makes it through another primary

And this administration has been extremely hands off so I don't know how that fits into your theory.

And for the record I am a moderate I believe both sides have something meaningful ideology wise to bring to the table.

I think Kasich was the best candidate out of everybody in the election.
Boom

Truth Bomb

Jiggyfly

Banned
HIDDEN CAMERA: NYC Democratic Election Commissioner “I Think There Is A lot of Voter Fraud”

In a video released by Project Veritas, James O’Keefe exposes what everyone except the Democrats have known to be true; there is a lot of voter fraud.

In the video, NYC Democratic Commissioner of the Board of Elections Alan Schulkin is caught on hidden camera at a United Federation of Teachers holiday party admitting that there is widespread voter fraud in New York City.

“Yeah, they should ask for your ID. I think there is a lot of voter fraud,” said Schulkin, who elaborated on the types of voter fraud that are taking place in New York.

Voter fraud has been labeled as a right-wing myth by the left, but Schulkin, a Democrat, confirmed everyone’s worst fears, going against the grain of his own party.

“You know, I don’t think it’s too much to ask somebody to show some kind of an ID…Like I say, people don’t realize, certain neighborhoods in particular they bus people around to vote,” said Schulkin.
Keep tilting at those windmills.

I really have no issue with voter id's it's just the targeting of particular types of ID's I have issue with as does the judicial bodies of the U.S.

It's also funny that they are always trotting out some random person saying random stuff as proof of anything.

Also Project Veritas really.:lol

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
I haven't attempted to come up with an excuse. As I said you wouldn't remember it correctly.
So you can excuse it but you just are worried about what I will remember?

Just trying to figure out what dodge you are using.

Either you are down with a man agreeing that his daughter is a "piece of ass" or not it's actually pretty simple.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Boom

Truth Bomb
No offense, but this kind of illustrates my point.

You still consider yourself a Democrat and are concerned with the party. Despite the fact it colluded to defeat the guy who represents your principles. And despite its complicity in Saudi war crimes. And despite its Presidential candidates call before Wall Street insiders for open borders and hemispheric free trade.

The party is going to continue to do what it wants.

Kbrown

Not So New Member

Either you are down with a man agreeing that his daughter is a "piece of ass" or not it's actually pretty simple.
Lookit, all LT was saying is that we all have talked about forcing ourselves on women. He wasn't sticking up for Trump by making that point or anything. Just an observation he was making in a vacuum and totally without context. Got it?

townsend

Banned

You still consider yourself a Democrat and are concerned with the party. Despite the fact it colluded to defeat the guy who represents your principles. And despite its complicity in Saudi war crimes. And despite its Presidential candidates call before Wall Street insiders for open borders and hemispheric free trade.

I agree with this.

Jiggyfly

Banned

All of that was said long before the tide changed in opinion on these matters.

The U.S. is complicit in war crimes all across the world and lets not act like that is a issue that is driving voters out.

Also there have been people in the democratic party that have taken issues with these things.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I agree with this.
You don't think there is a fundamental change going on in the Democratic party?

You think its just going to be business as usual once the election is over?

It could happen but I would be very surprised, I think Berny and Warren will continue to agitate and people will listen, especially during the midterm if there is a chance on taking the house.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
All of that was said long before the tide changed in opinion on these matters.

The U.S. is complicit in war crimes all across the world and lets not act like that is a issue that is driving voters out.

Also there have been people in the democratic party that have taken issues with these things.
But they were said. And party members are still WITH HER! because they still swallow the "lesser of two evils" bit.

Say what you will about Trump, and he is a horrendous sleazebag, but he represents an overthrow of the Republican norm. If rank-and-file Democrats were as serious about their principles, they would have burned shit to the ground when the DNC Bernie emails leaked.

Or they would have, you know, succeeded in electing Bernie to begin with.

townsend

Banned
You don't think there is a fundamental change going on in the Democratic party?

You think its just going to be business as usual once the election is over?

It could happen but I would be very surprised, I think Berny and Warren will continue to agitate and people will listen, especially during the midterm if there is a chance on taking the house.
I think we'll see a mild shift left, but keep in mind Bernie was still defeated pretty handily by Clinton. I think the party brass, the kind of people who would likely be a "super delegate", still like the Clinton's vision of the Democratic Party. Now that Clinton has locked down the election (and tacitly the 2020 nomination) I think any severe shift in party platform won't happen for another decade.

townsend

Banned
But they were said. And party members are still WITH HER! because they still swallow the "lesser of two evils" bit.

Say what you will about Trump, and he is a horrendous sleazebag, but he represents an overthrow of the Republican norm. If rank-and-file Democrats were as serious about their principles, they would have burned shit to the ground when the DNC Bernie emails leaked.

The biggest difference was the GOP establishment votes were separated between Jeb, Rubio, Cruz, and Kasich.
If a devoted base of 30% could have won the Dem primary, it would have been Bernie.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
The biggest difference was the GOP establishment votes were separated between Jeb, Rubio, Cruz, and Kasich.
If a devoted base of 30% could have won the Dem primary, it would have been Bernie.
This is a fair point.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Keep tilting at those windmills.

I really have no issue with voter id's it's just the targeting of particular types of ID's I have issue with as does the judicial bodies of the U.S.

It's also funny that they are always trotting out some random person saying random stuff as proof of anything.

Also Project Veritas really.:lol
Tilting at windmills? Do you even know what that means, or were you just trying unsuccessfully to sound clever? Because this is certainly NOT imaginary. Unless you think this guy caught on video is somehow a figment of our imaginations.

And NYC Democratic Commissioner of the Board of Elections Alan Schulkin is just some random person saying random stuff? That's pretty ignorant, even for you. It's not like this is a fluff piece from a biased source. The guy who is privy to the inner working of the Democratic election process for NYC is on video stating these things. Pretty hard to argue it or just sweep it under the rug, but we all know you'll try.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

No one likes to discuss things with you because you just pull stuff out of your ass. I am not going to respond to your contrived BS. Now respond with your usual drivel about I don't know anything and have no self awareness. I will just wait.

2233boys

Not So New Member
No offense taken. I am a democrat, but I am far less concerned about the party as I am about the platform the party passed.

The party does look to be headed to a less intervention and less trade, at least from the masses. The party platform states as much (for the most part) If she goes back the other way, she won't be the nominee in 2020.

As an aside, I am still voting for Bernie.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No offense taken. I am a democrat, but I am far less concerned about the party as I am about the platform the party passed.

The party does look to be headed to a less intervention and less trade, at least from the masses. The party platform states as much (for the most part) If she goes back the other way, she won't be the nominee in 2020.
That's my general sentiments as well. I try to look at the substantive issues involved and their effects on such things as economic, and social consideration. As far as monetary and fiscal matters I am simply conservative much like waste not want not and if you want something find a way to earn it. As to party affiliation I care less about it but am acutely sensitive to what is being promoted and platformed.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Tilting at windmills? Do you even know what that means, or were you just trying unsuccessfully to sound clever? Because this is certainly NOT imaginary. Unless you think this guy caught on video is somehow a figment of our imaginations.

And NYC Democratic Commissioner of the Board of Elections Alan Schulkin is just some random person saying random stuff? That's pretty ignorant, even for you. It's not like this is a fluff piece from a biased source. The guy who is privy to the inner working of the Democratic election process for NYC is on video stating these things. Pretty hard to argue it or just sweep it under the rug, but we all know you'll try.
I know exactly what it means.

Tilting at windmills is an English idiom which means attacking imaginary enemies. The word "tilt", in this context, comes from jousting.
The phrase is sometimes used to describe confrontations where adversaries are incorrectly perceived, or courses of action that are based on misinterpreted or misapplied heroic, romantic, or idealistic justifications. It may also connote an importune, unfounded, and vain effort against adversaries real or imagined for a vain goal.

and in this instance it's you tilting at the imaginary windmill of voter fraud being some nation wide epidemic.

And like I said why is this proof against any of the other studies that have found it to be less than .5%.

http://voterfraudfacts.com/

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/voter-fraud-real-rare/story?id=17213376

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/11/upshot/vote-fraud-is-rare-but-myth-is-widespread.html?_r=0

And this guy is a person who does not like Blassio and it's directed toward him. so yeah this guy has an ax to grind.

Keep on tilting Don Quixote.

Jiggyfly

Banned
No one likes to discuss things with you because you just pull stuff out of your ass. I am not going to respond to your contrived BS. Now respond with your usual drivel about I don't know anything and have no self awareness. I will just wait.
I see there is a bridge even you won't cross.

Jiggyfly

Banned

She does not have the party behind her Like Obama did or most democrats this far into the election and she would have even less if it was somebody other than Trump or Johnson would stop putting his foot in his mouth.

You act like everybody is falling in line when I hear democrats everyday on TV saying they begrudgingly back her.

Anyway lets agree to disagree on the party moving to any type of neo conservatism.

townsend

Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom