Cowboys Sign DE Ryan Davis

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Interesting.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not familiar with the player. Anyone wanna fill me in as to why this is interesting?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He has more career sacks than anybody on our roster.
That's not a big feat. But I am not going to shit on the signing. They had to do something.

I think his combined 11 career sacks might actually be more than our entire DL combined as a whole without doing the math.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That's not a big feat. But I am not going to shit on the signing. They had to do something.

I think his combined 11 career sacks might actually be more than our entire DL combined as a whole without doing the math.
If you leave out Crawford, I think you're right.

townsend

Banned

Actually it's not even more than the combined sacks of our defensive linemen named Crawford.

Cotton

Staff member
I'll take it. It's at least something.

townsend

Banned
I'm actually happy about this move. But it sure would have been nice if we had been trying to make some moves in the freaking offseason. We knew that Lawrence and Gregory were already suspended, we let Hardy and Mincey walk. Signing two JAGs and drafting a guy in the 4th is the way you address an entrenched position with aging starters(like how we should have been addressing the defensive backfield, or the running back position), not how you deal with a unit with no proven talent.

Cotton

Staff member
Tapper must be a bust.
No, he just has a broken back and they know they won't be able to count on him. They just haven't said it yet until this signing.

data

Forbes #1
Can we sign Mike Williams and turn him into a DL? /zone circa 2008

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No, he just has a broken back and they know they won't be able to count on him. They just haven't said it yet until this signing.
Garrett said he was "close" a few weeks ago. Hey, just another bunch of bullshit.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I was actually hoping that we would have targeted him when he was let go by the Jags.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah that whole injury still confuses the hell out of me. So is the back still broken? Is it going to heal? I doubt it speaks much to Tapper and probably more to just how thin we left ourselves on the D-line in week one.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm not familiar with the guy either but after reading his pro bio it sounds as if he should be able to step right in and instantly become one of our top 2 pass rushers.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I'm not familiar with the guy either but after reading his pro bio it sounds as if he should be able to step right in and instantly become one of our top 2 pass rushers.
From what I've been reading the Jags liked him but it was just a numbers game where he ended up being the odd man out.

Must be nice to have depth.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah, I don't know what happened. I think he played in one of the pre season games.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
From what I've been reading the Jags liked him but it was just a numbers game where he ended up being the odd man out.

Must be nice to have depth.
I guess although the Jags DE's don't really make me jealous in any way what so ever.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Underwhelming, and typical Jerruh "OMG why aren't we generating any pressure on the QB" overreaction/realization.

So they run out and start trying to sign miracle players...Ya know, instead of addressing when real GM's do in the offseason.

Top Bottom